Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oh thanks Bootsie!! Please oh please Filibuster the Patriot Act!

This is America, the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.

WE do not forfeit our freedoms to fear,

WE do not lapse our liberties to threats,

WE do not cower our character to safety,

Because WE do not run,

And WE do not hide.

This is America,

Land of the Free,

Home of the Brave,

And In God We Trust, Pray Always Will Be.

M E R R Y

C H R I S T M A S

E V E R Y O N E

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I PRAY! I'm glad that subject came up because we need to start PRESSURING AGAIN for them to STOP that NOW. I am DAMNED if I want to live in the country that, until GEORGE BUSH TOOK OFFICE, was the LAND OF THE FREE and know that the Justice Dept. and FBI can ARREST PEOPLE FOR BOOKS THAT THEY CHECK OUT OF THE PUBLIC LIBRARY. I know that things changed on 9/11 but, my GOD, they are CROSSING THE LINE HERE and we are just caving.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

The only thing that changed o 9/11 was the attitude of our government that used this event to implement unhealthy laws like the Patriot Act.

Think about Ironies and Opposites.

Why call this filthy legislation the Patriot Act?

It has nothing to do with patriotism or being a patriot. In fact it has the opposite effect. It violates our US Constitution and almost everything we cherish as a free people.

They planned this sucker for a looooooong time.

Clinton was working on it, so it probably originated under George Herbert Walker Bush who as you know was Head of the CIA and for all we know, MAY STILL BE!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No, Big Bush lost THAT particular job to TRICKY DICKY CHENEY, remember??

The rest is SO TRUE. There's NOTHING PATRIOTIC about what they are STEALING from us. AND, how in the HELL are they gonna stop a terrorist attack by seeing what we are checking out at the LIBRARY???

I need to research the number of ALLEGED TERRORIST cases have been tried. A thousand comes to mind but the main point is that NOT ONE CASE HAS BEEN WON. NOT THE FIRST CASE. And, it makes you wonder what kind of subversive activities our GOVERNMENT used to "catch" these innocent people and put them through HELL before they were able to prove their innocence.

It reminds me of that poor Steven Hatfill. Remember how the FBI DOGGED THAT MAN TO DEATH ALMOST accusing him of being the person who mailed the Anthrax. I thought that was the BIGGEST DISGRACE I had ever witnessed in this country. It was just TERRIBLE what they did to that man.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Do you know that, since the inception of the Patriot Act, more than 1000 "alleged terrorists" have been tried and the Justice Department has not won ONE CASE. ZILCH, NONE, ZERO.
    No it doesn't. In Venezuela they all would have been found guilty! Then they would have been killed!

And if you really let your teenage son spend a night in jail over a bag of peanuts you're insane. You should have had CPS called on you the next day. I was JOKING! I guess that I should have known that some people didn't have the wherewithall upstairs to get the joke about the squeegee. I hope, if that's true, your son has nothing to do with you now. You would risk your teenager's life and safety over a bag of Kroger peanuts? You're too irrational to even bother responding to anymore. You've lost it, and probably never had it.

I haven't seen one thing yet that says we should support Chavez and his regime through CITGO. I've seen this thread get diverted to Castro, China, Ashcroft, the Patriot Act and all kinds of personal feelings, speculation, and conspiracy theories.

None of them make any sense and the only one that was corroborated by facts was a nice little link explaining what a great place Grenada is. I don't think it said anything about how Castro attempted to use it to bookend a potential Communist empire in the '80's in the Carribean and use the American Med. Students as pawns to extort the U.S., which is why we took action.

Using China and the Patriot Act and all this other crap doesn't distill my original point because wrong cannot be used to justify wrong. If you hate Bush it doesn't mean that you are helping America or anybody else by supporting a ruthless dictator.

One of the earlier posts said that there was nothing said in the thread about how people hated America. I've seen a littany of postings contradicting this here. Frankly, it's disgusting.

OK--from what you found, I still think it is just meant to be TEMPORARY, right? There has been a lot of confusion about this because I went nuts awhile back when I read that they had made it permanent. That is why I wish the crackpots who write up false articles just for the shock value would give it a rest once in awhile. It's getting harder and harder to wade through all the crap to get to the truth. No wonder people who are paying very little attention get confused.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi, JJ! Yes. I still think it's temporary but I think they are getting ready to vote on extending it for FOUR more years and that's what the debate is about. They are talking about a filibuster and I think I would support that one!!

LOL I'll never get caught up. What I worry about is them extending it one more time, one more time, one more time and then someone all of a sudden making it permanent. The clowns we have in office now do that sort of shady tactics regularly.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OF COURSE. And, the whole point is that it needs to be MODIFIED. Four more years of a tyranny is unacceptable.

Actually, I think it needs to be eliminated entirely. It didn't do what they thought it was going to do so why bother?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast