Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: someone explain

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

someone explain

I am neither with you people who favor mass deportations of illegals, nor am I with open border advocates for all people whenever. Clearing that up, I have a question. Do not take it as an attack, simply a question. Alot of the arguement that has been made against illegal immigration is that they are overpopulating our country, taking our limited resources, and overcrowding schools and hospitals. Then why is it that China, which is about the same size as the United States in land area, but with 7 times more people able to have a robust and productive economy, and even likely to become a world superpower?

Take a trip to China. Spend just a couple of weeks there and try to do the same things there that you can do here in the United States of America. Try to question ANYTHING at least once while you are there. Then, bring back proof that you went there and did as I have asked - and ask your question again.
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

For one thing this isn't China.

Another thing, China does not have illegals flooding their borders.

Lastly, I'm not sure I understand your question or your point, Yuyi.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yuyi,

You forgot to mention the extreme cost associated with illegal immigration. That's my main beef, along with the fact they should not even been in this country but they are making demands of my government. That peeves me. I'm a citizen and I have that right, but they do not. Pushy line jumpers.

In China! Really, go kneel down in public and say a prayer out loud.
    I bet you get snatched off the street. Can you say Communist?

Your comparison has major problems. Democracy vs Communism.
    Night and Day.
    What is China's immigration quota?
    How many new citizens did they take in last year?

Also, China has population controls imposed on their citizens.
    ONLY 2 Children!!!!!!!! per couple.
    That is why my cousin went over there and adopted a discarded daughter.

Now do you get it?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You dont understand my point? OK, I'll try this again. Overpopulation of the United States has been a base of argument for the deportation of all illegals. However, this country has only a population of about 300 million. China has about 2 billion. Both countries are about the same in size, yet China is able to surpass us in term of the acceleration of the economy. Soon, they could be a world power, like us. So my question is, once again, why is this possible? According to some arguements, overpopulation strains educational and health services to its collapse, yet this hasnt been the case in other countries. What I am trying to understand is if this idea is wrong, and if not, explain. Like I have said, I am not with people who favor mass deportations, nor with open border advocates for all all the time. I am trying to get an understanding of what is really going on, without hyperbolic exaggerated points of view. Once I get the facts, not opinions cleared out, I can see where I stand.

Re: someone explain

Quote Originally Posted by yuyi
    Then why is it that China, which is about the same size as the United States in land area, but with 7 times more people able to have a robust and productive economy, and even likely to become a world superpower?
    Perhaps it has something to do with China being a totalitarian state.

Is that what you want here?
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Re: someone explain

Quote Originally Posted by yuyi
    I am neither with you people who favor mass deportations of illegals, nor am I with open border advocates for all people whenever. Clearing that up, I have a question. Do not take it as an attack, simply a question. Alot of the arguement that has been made against illegal immigration is that they are overpopulating our country, taking our limited resources, and overcrowding schools and hospitals. Then why is it that China, which is about the same size as the United States in land area, but with 7 times more people able to have a robust and productive economy, and even likely to become a world superpower?
    YUYI
    Please NOTE that we are not for "mass deportations." Where are you getting your information?

China has had the privilege to trade with the free world. WE, America, have sadly allowed a huge trade deficit to build. They would not have made it out of the 3rd world had this not been allowed.
    Standing on their own, they would have collapsed.

Thomas Malthus

Yuyu.
    You are tryinig to say that the USA has plenty of room for these people streaming across our border. Correct?
    Ok.
    We do have plenty of room.
    Most of us here are not against immigrants. We are againist illegal immigration. There is plenty of room here in the USA for those who pay their taxes and contribute to the system.
    If all 11 million illegals were to leave and reenter in an appropriate and LEGAL fashion, that would be fine by me.
    Your "population" explosion thesis, as developed by Thomas Malthus in the 19th century, is a non sequitur.

Steve Hill
    editor

Overpopulation of the United States has been a base of argument for the deportation of all illegals.
    For me at least, that is a false premise. I have never heard that argument as the reason for deportation of illegals. I think you are missing the point. I feel most that think illegals should be deported, think so because they came to this country illegally. I expect the population to grow due to legal immigration. If you have a false premise...no reason to go into detailed answers about what follows the premise.

Great, finally we have found some common ground. Neither favor mass deportations. Then what, according to members of this website, is the solution to our illegal immigrant problem? If you had the power, what would you do with the 11-12 millions people who have already made their living here? And what about the border? If nothing is done, the problem will continue. If it is closed to all, we will lose the main identity of this country. Bush just though of putting troops on the border. I thought people were going to be happy, but most people are furious, both open border advocates and closed border advocates. SO WHAT THE HELL IS THE SOLUTION???!!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast