Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    PineStrawGuys wrote:

MW, I LOVE Duncan Hunter on most things, but I totally disagree with him on the war in Iraq and foreign policy. I disagree with him on Guantanamo Bay, I disagree with him on torture and I think he has ties to the lucrative Military-Industrial complex there in So. California. But we can still be friends, right?
    Disagreeing on issues doesn't make us enemies, does it?

If you don't mind, I'd like to comment on each of the issues you don't agree with Hunter on.

Torture: Duncan Hunter has never said he agrees with torture. However, he has said under special circumstances he would agree with waterboarding. Question: Are you saying it would not be acceptable to waterboard a terrorist if we had reason to believe he had knowledge of a planted nuclear device that was scheduled to explode in a major U.S. city within 6 hours, a city your family was living in? Well, not only do you disagree with Hunter on that, you also probably disagreeing with the majority of U.S. citizens.

War in Iraq: Hunter advocates for cycling our troops out of harms way once a competent Iraqi Army is ready to replace them. No, he does not support a "cut & run" policy and neither do I.

Guantanamo Bay: What are you disagreeing with? Do you think it would be better to release all the captured terrorist so they can go blow up some more folks in Iraq or would you rather we hold them here in the United States?

Ties to the military-industrial complex: Of course he HAD ties to industry responsible for arming and supplying our military. Geez, he was the Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee when the republicans were in majority. Having connections to the industry was part of his job.

Foreign policy: What is it you disagree with it? Is it his position against NAFTA, CAFTA, the WTO. Maybe it's his position against the NAU, Superhighway, or the Mexican trucks we're allowing in the United States. Perhaps it's his insistence that all trade with China be fair trade. These all have to do with foreign policy. Oh, I guess it's his ideas on national security that really bother you, huh? Certainly you don't disagree with every position Hunter has on foreign policy. Than again, maybe you don't think trade issues have anything to do with foreign policy. Honesty, Hunter is not a globalist and anyone that would suggest he is is missing the boat.

Duncan Hunter would make a great President, and there is certainly a lot we can all find to like about him.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    The point is Bren, that 'military presence' there really PISSES THEM OFF! That's why they are willing to fly planes into buildings. The only ones that benefit from our continued presence there are Halliburton, Phillips Petroleum and ALL the defense contractors. Oil has gone from $25 a barrel to $100 a barrel.

Our 'presence' is doing MUCH MORE HARM THAN GOOD.

Why is that so hard for people to understand??

MW
    PineStrawGuys wrote:

The point is Bren, that 'military presence' there really PISSES THEM OFF! That's why they are willing to fly planes into buildings.
    Are you saying there were no terrorist acts by folks from the ME prior to 9/11?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by minnie
    Sosad and Pine, I've never laugh so much as I did now when I read your posts.,
    Glad you got a good laugh "Minnie", laughing is good!!!

Nighty night all!! your debates are just to much fun!! You wear me out!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    The point is Bren, that 'military presence' there really PISSES THEM OFF! That's why they are willing to fly planes into buildings. The only ones that benefit from our continued presence there are Halliburton, Phillips Petroleum and ALL the defense contractors. Oil has gone from $25 a barrel to $100 a barrel.

Don't forget their first attempt at trying to bring down the trade center (an attack on US soil).

Don't forget their attack on the Cole.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    [

Why is that so hard for people to understand?? []

Don't forget their first attempt at trying to bring down the trade center (an attack on US soil).

Bren, just go to you tube and look for these DVDs

-Beyond Treason

-Orwell rolls in his grave

-From Freedom to Fascim

-911 The Road To Tyranny

And if you want more, just ask

Good night.

Bren said:
    However, there is NO doubt in anyone's minds-----even the Dems are saying this----that we are going to have to have a military presence in the Middle East for a long time (not in war----but a presence, like Korea).
    Why? What business do we have over there, that society has existed for thousands of years.

MW said:
    We were meddling over there waaay before 9-11
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    PineStrawGuys wrote:

The point is Bren, that 'military presence' there really PISSES THEM OFF! That's why they are willing to fly planes into buildings.
    Of course not, MW. There's been PLENTY of attacks prior to 9/11. Of course we've been over there for a LONG time, too.

Banned

Yeah, and there's testimony that OUR OWN government GAVE them the damned bomb for the first Trade Center attack.

Yeah, and there's testimony that OUR OWN government GAVE them the damned bomb for the first Trade Center attack.
    Ohhhhhh......So now you are sttttrrrreeettttccchhhhiiiiiinnnnnggggggg

Remember, this was during the Clinton Admin., and they had those involved in custody. From what I remember-----as they were taking one of those captured to prison.........They removed the blindfold as they were flying over the towers in a helicopter and said to him-----"look, they are still standing"......Terrorist said somethig to the effect of "eventually they will come down".

Also, what about the Cole?? Also during Clinton Admin.???
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast