Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April

Tom Tancredo email

Exciting News on Tancredo Campaign
    Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:45:26 -0500

Here's the latest news on my campaign to represent you

Sometimes the Truth Makes Waves

Dear Friend of This Campaign,

My presidential bid continues to stir dust in every direction! That's good, I think.

On Thursday, I made a statement sure to offend many of the most powerful people in Washington.

I called for the disbanding of the Black, the Asian Pacific-American, and the Hispanic Congressional Caucuses.

This was a risky decision for me, but I had to tell the truth--even if I lost some friends.

I think it's high time we fought harder for Ronald Reagan's vision of a COLOR-BLIND SOCIETY! A place where people are no longer forbidden to join clubs or attend schools based on the color of their skin.

But isn't that what the Black and Asian and Hispanic Caucuses are? Powerful groups of legislators united by one thing--their ethnicity? Rep. Stephen Cohen (D-Tennessee) recently tried to join the Black Congressional Caucus, but was turned down. He is white.

This is outrageous! In the 21st century, I think we should be past racial tests for political advantage. Don't you agree?

Lots of caucuses in Congress make sense and are needed. The Urban Caucus, the Blue Dog (conservative Democratic) caucus, and my own Immigration Reform Caucus.

And if Congressmen of a particular ethnicity, racial group or national origin want to hang out together, that's great! Go to dinner!

But don't meet behind closed door to make national policies based on ethnicity.

Because of my strong views on this matter, some pundits and liberal bloggers will call me racist.

Those of you who've known me long KNOW that's a lie. Ethnic-based Congressional caucuses should voluntarily disband. Or if they won't disband for the good of the country, Congress should just abolish them. Together we need to get beyond race and towards assimilation and unity.

Donation Link:
    campaigncontribution.com

So how are we doing?

Every week I've the opportunity of doing more national TV, talking on syndicated radio talk show, and generating more and more interest in the press.

It's easy finding audiences to hear my message:

Secure the borders!
    Return Sanity to Runaway Immigration
    Control spending
    Limit government powers

Monday I returned from a campaign swing to New Hampshire. The weekend before it was Iowa, where we now have a fulltime staff member (and are looking for others).

Thousands of you are writing in, calling with ideas, sending contributions, offering your services as a volunteer (especially needed if you live in the suburban Washingon, D.C. area or in Iowa or in New Hampshire).

Tens of thousands of people have signed the peition asking me to formally declare my candidacy for the nomination. All that's progress.

Resources needed to get to next stage

My friends, we need money. A lot more money. I'm not complaining, believe me. Every single day hundreds of new donors are giving money online or via check to get us further down the road.

You may be one of the generous friends who have already said, "Make my donation monthly!" If so, thank you. You've definitely done all you can already. If some others would like to support me regularly, CLICK HERE to go to the donation page and check "MONTHLY" at the bottom of the page.

I understand that each and every one on this list has donated in January. Again, thank you again!

But I can point out the need. And I can tell you of the urgent need for me to move fast to secure campaign momentum.

We need offices in various primary states. We need campaign workers. There are telephone and postage costs to cover. Frankly, it's a lot!

If you feel led to make another donation, it would be GREATLY appreciated and wisely used.

Another thing—would you please FORWARD this email to everyone on your list? We really need to get the word out!

Please let me hear from you.

Sincerely,
    Tom Tancredo

I am with Tancredo, it is time we remember we are Americans and not Hyphens!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

April
    I agree...Nitty... GOOOOOOOOOOOO TOM!

I like Tancredo...but who is better, him, Duncan Hunter or Ron Paul??

I don't know too much about Hunter and Paul.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

April
    I think we should watch all of them closely......my favorite is Tom....I guess because he is so outspoken and he is listening to US. Imagine that a politician actually listening to the American people!

Banned
    Tom probably has the most visibility. Ron Paul has a long track record that, for the most part, has represented my views on most matters.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Tom probably has the most visibility. Ron Paul has a long track record that, for the most part, has represented my views on most matters.
    I would like to hear more about Ron, as I know nothing about him. I met Tancredo this weekend in NH. I would also like to learn more about Duncan Hunter.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Dear April,

Thank you for sharing this information, yet Tom wrote himself:

Secure the borders!
    Return Sanity to Runaway Immigration
    Control spending
    Limit government powers

What about environment ??
    Poverty ?
    Gun laws ?
    International relation ?
    Making sure that women make the same amount of money when doing the same work ??
    Death penalty ?
    Tackle gangs ?
    Improve education ?
    Our roads ???
    Health care ???
    etc
    ect

Tom is a few issue person, and I can never vote for such a person.

Because of my strong views on this matter, some pundits and liberal bloggers will call me racist.
    Tom, I'm bleeding heart liberal and I will never call you or your supporters racists. Good luck with your campaign.

Cassie
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

April
    Cassie wrote:

Tom, I'm bleeding heart liberal and I will never call you or your supporters racists.
    Thanks Cassie!

Banned
    Cassie, you should consider tuning into C-SPAN during the day time if you are able to catch some of the discussion in the House and Senate. It is very educational and the dynamics are very interesting. You would be surprised at how many times the Republicans stand up for the welfare of average citizens, while the Democrats are trying to pull wool over the eyes of the citizenry. The Republicans I'm referring to are not Bush and his inner circle or the neocons like McCain. I'm talking about people like Senator Jeff Sessions who I find to be about the most rational, thoughtful person in the Senate.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast