Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Personally, I don't agree with Tom on every issue either, but if we don't get this immigration issue taken care of, none of the other issues will matter, because our nation will be destroyed.

If your house is on fire, do you argue with the firemen over whether abortion or gay marriage should be legal?
    I'm with you Pat. Whether or not he decides to offically declare that he is running, I believe he will bring even more light to this issue, and make the other candidates acknowledge it and include it in their campaigns... at least that is what I am hoping.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Personally, I don't agree with Tom on every issue either, but if we don't get this immigration issue taken care of, none of the other issues will matter, because our nation will be destroyed.

If your house is on fire, do you argue with the firemen over whether abortion or gay marriage should be legal?
    Bad comparison. His stance on abortion and gay marriage prove my fear. Tom is an conservative. I'm against partial birth abortion, but not abortion if done before 90 days.

Talk to ya later
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

Nothing wrong with being Conservative, since they want to close the border and are against amnesty.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Nothing wrong with being Conservative, since they want to close the border and are against amnesty.
    Dixie
    Yes, but conservatives are against pro choice. I'm against abortion after the 90 days ( partial birth abortion ), but not before that date. Who is Tancredo to decide over my body ?! And I also believe that every US citizen is equal to the law, and I'm not against gay marriage. Tancredo wants a Constitutional amendment to define marriage between a man and a woman and that's wrong. I will never support people that judge other's based on their sexual preferences. What is next ? That Tom is going to jail gays ??

I'm against illegals, I will vote for a person that opposes illegals, but not if that means is that vote is going to take my freedom of choice ( abortion, never did it, but doesn't matter ) and take civil rights away from people because their sexual preference. Tancredo is out.
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

Nothing wrong with protecting unborn children. I'm more worred about their lives than I am illegal aliens that made a choice.

I don't put any weight on that and I explained it in another thread.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Cassie wrote:

Tancredo is out.
    Cassie, that is fine for you. I agree with Tom Tancredo on most issues and especially on the illegal situation. So, he is in with me. I love your avatar. Very cute.

PS All this presidental canidiate stuff that is being discussed is probably one of those "Live and Let Live" things that we need to just decide to respectfully disagree on. At this time I am totally backing Tom and will never agree to back Hillary, however I respect your right to support whoever you feel is right for you.

Ron Paul

The recent immigration protests in Los Angeles have brought the issue to the forefront, provoking strong reactions from millions of Americans. The protesters’ cause of open borders is not well served when they drape themselves in Mexican flags and chant slogans in Spanish. If anything, their protests underscore the Balkanization of America caused by widespread illegal immigration. How much longer can we maintain huge unassimilated subgroups within America, filled with millions of people who don’t speak English or participate fully in American life? Americans finally have decided the status quo is unacceptable, and immigration may be the issue that decides the 2008 presidential election. We’re often reminded that America is a nation of immigrants, implying that we’re coldhearted to restrict immigration in any way. But the new Americans reaching our shores in the late 1800s and early 1900s were legal immigrants. In many cases they had no chance of returning home again. They maintained their various ethnic and cultural identities, but they also learned English and embraced their new nationality. Today, the overwhelming majority of Americans – including immigrants – want immigration reduced, not expanded. The economic, cultural, and political situation was very different 100 years ago.We’re often told that immigrants do the jobs Americans won’t do, and sometimes this is true. But in many instances illegal immigrants simply increase the supply of labor in a community, which lowers wages. And while cheap labor certainly benefits the economy as a whole, when calculating the true cost of illegal immigration we must include the cost of social services that many new immigrants consume – especially medical care.We must reject amnesty for illegal immigrants in any form. We cannot continue to reward lawbreakers and expect things to get better. If we reward millions who came here illegally,surelymillions more will follow suit. Ten years from now we will be in the same position, with a whole new generation of lawbreakers seeking amnesty.[size=7]Amnesty also insults legal immigrants[/size], who face years of paperwork and long waits to earn precious American citizenship.
    Birthright citizenship similarly rewards lawbreaking, and must be stopped. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the perverse incentive to sneak into this country remains strong. Citizenship involves more than the mere location of one’s birth. True citizenship requires cultural connections and an allegiance to the United States. Americans are happy to welcome those who wish to come here and build a better life for themselves, but we rightfully expect immigrants to show loyalty and attempt to assimilate themselves culturally. Birthright citizenship sometimes confers the benefits of being American on people who do not truly embrace America. We need to allocate far more resources, both in terms of money and manpower, to securing our borders and coastlines here at home. This is the most critical task before us, both in terms of immigration problems and the threat of foreign terrorists. Unless and until we secure our borders, illegal immigration and the problems associated with it will only increase.April 4, 2006
    Dr. Ron Paul is a Republican member of Congress from Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by cassie
    Dear April,

Thank you for sharing this information, yet Tom wrote himself:

Secure the borders!
    Return Sanity to Runaway Immigration
    Control spending
    Limit government powers

What about environment ??
    Poverty ?
    Gun laws ?
    International relation ?
    Making sure that women make the same amount of money when doing the same work ??
    Death penalty ?
    Tackle gangs ?
    Improve education ?
    Our roads ???
    Health care ???
    etc
    ect

Tom is a few issue person, and I can never vote for such a person.
    [quote:untokp5z]Because of my strong views on this matter, some pundits and liberal bloggers will call me racist.
    Cassie[/quote:untokp5z]

There is much more to Tom Tancredo than immigration issues.

Quote Originally Posted by anniealone
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Tom probably has the most visibility. Ron Paul has a long track record that, for the most part, has represented my views on most matters.
    I would like to hear more about Ron, as I know nothing about him. I met Tancredo this weekend in NH. I would also like to learn more about Duncan Hunter.

There is much more to Tom Tancredo than immigration issues.

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Tom_Tancredo.htm

Ron Paul sound great to me and he would get my vote on immigration issues.

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Cassie wrote:

Tancredo is out.
    Cassie, that is fine for you. I agree with Tom Tancredo on most issues and especially on the illegal situation. So, he is in with me. I love your avatar. Very cute.

PS All this presidental canidiate stuff that is being discussed is probably one of those "Live and Let Live" things that we need to just decide to respectfully disagree on. At this time I am totally backing Tom and will never agree to back Hillary, however I respect your right to support whoever you feel is right for you.
    Dixie downplayed the abortion and gay marriage issue as " ignore them when they talk about it ' And that there's no lawmaker that can realize to outlaw abortion, this is not true. Many countries have forbidden abortion. I agree with Bush that partial birth abortion is wrong, but abortion before 3 months is ethically right with me. I love my avatar too

Baby animals are so cute and sweet. I've seen a program about wolfs, and they're so cute too. Yes, it's best to agree to disagree on politics, it's not going to work out, some posters here are getting all over me for supporting the Democrats and it's better to leave this issue rest and continue talking and finding solutions on illegal immigration.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast