Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Some Americans are paid more than their work is worth, and some of them would lose their jobs due to competition from foreign workers. There would be a lot of yelling and screaming because of this. If the government does not bail them out, most of them will soon realize that the only one way to regain their previous income would be by upgrading their skills, by becoming more entrepreneurial, or simply by working harder. No one ever got hurt by doing any of the above.
    Just WHICH Americans are paid more than they're worth?

The last I heard, the Federal Government requires there to be a minimum livable wage, regardless of how low-skilled the job is. So, you're saying that Americans who now work for the lowest wages allowable by law are overpaid? And that Mexicans who are willing to work for less are somehow helping our country?

The reason the U.S. is the best country in the world to live in is BECAUSE of things like the minimum wage. It protects workers from the very evils that the illegals are perpetuating right now...slave labor.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Some Americans are paid more than their work is worth, and some of them would lose their jobs due to competition from foreign workers. There would be a lot of yelling and screaming because of this. If the government does not bail them out, most of them will soon realize that the only one way to regain their previous income would be by upgrading their skills, by becoming more entrepreneurial, or simply by working harder. No one ever got hurt by doing any of the above.
    Just WHICH Americans are paid more than they're worth? .

The last I heard the Federal Government requires there to be a minimum livable wage, regardless of how low-skilled the job is. So, you're saying that Americans who now work for the lowest wages allowable by law are overpaid? And that Mexicans who are willing to work for less are somehow helping our country?

The reason the U.S. is the best country in the world to live in is BECAUSE of things like the minimum wage. It protects workers from the very evils that the illegals are perpetuating right now...slave labor.
    I think I can safely say that by underestimating or insulting the abilities or efforts of his fellow Americans... Hak51 won't win over any adherents here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by hak51
    loservillelabor
    Could you name a few terrorist nations
    Gaza Strip, Westbank, Syria, Chad, Iran, Lebanon, Pakistan, Yemen, Afganistan, Nigeria, Congo. Somalia.
    Some of these countries harbor terroist or financially aid them indirectly.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

The concept

The free market system should govern immigration.

The government should have no power to limit the freedom of Americans to hire foreigners.

Commercial agencies should administer and control the flow of foreign workers for profit.
    This was ALL I needed to read to know the posters not on our side.
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Thank you for your responses

First, thank you everybody for participation. By reading responses, I see that some of you at least glanced over my texts. I believe that by encouraging people of opposite views to express their opinions about my conclusions, I might be able to correct my views. And, if I would be proven wrong, I would gladly change my mind. I am a truth seeker. Regardless, I like it or not 2 plus 2 is always 4 in my books.

I will answer some particular questions in separate postings.

One more time, thank you everybody for your involvement.

Culture

Minnie,

You ask

AND WHAT ABOUT OUR CULTURE?
    I believe that our culture is superior, and always will prevail, taking from others whatever the best they can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    We witness a very peculiar equilibrium: intellectually shallow political commentators spread anti-immigrant demagogy; the undereducated public seems to go for it; the politicians follow the public; this gives extra momentum to the anti-immigrant rhetoric of the commentators. The public is besieged by anti-immigrant propaganda. Individuals that might have some doubts suppress their thoughts, being overwhelmed by high-pitched patriotic demagogy about protecting borders, terrorists, illegal aliens and preserving American values. The self-propelling nonsense gets momentum. It dominated congressional representatives when they voted their draft of the bill. It immobilized senators, so they limited themselves to mitigating the absurdity of the House bill and gave up a chance to come up with a real solution
    I fail to understand how any of this supports our cause.
    This little quote is even more interesting. Wonder where these stats came from? Extremely deceitful rhetoric I've heard out of quite a few institutions of higher learning. Hmmmm? Wouldn't it be more beneficial if this group of anti-Americans learned it's not good to insult those that they wish to brainwash?
    the undereducated public seems to go for it
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Culture

Quote Originally Posted by hak51
    Minnie,

You ask

AND WHAT ABOUT OUR CULTURE?
    I believe that our culture is superior, and always will prevail, taking from others whatever the best they can offer.
    Flowery New Age Globalist Noise
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

That's wrong, if you live in the third world you become like them because is much more easy not to follow the rules than to educate people to follow.
    And this country is a country of rules and laws. GOD BLESS AMERICA, we cannot let them change Her.

Gofer

You quote me as below and then ask how this suport your cause.

We witness a very peculiar equilibrium: intellectually shallow political commentators spread anti-immigrant demagogy; the undereducated public seems to go for it; the politicians follow the public; this gives extra momentum to the anti-immigrant rhetoric of the commentators. The public is besieged by anti-immigrant propaganda. Individuals that might have some doubts suppress their thoughts, being overwhelmed by high-pitched patriotic demagogy about protecting borders, terrorists, illegal aliens and preserving American values. The self-propelling nonsense gets momentum. It dominated congressional representatives when they voted their draft of the bill. It immobilized senators, so they limited themselves to mitigating the absurdity of the House bill and gave up a chance to come up with a real solution
    As far as I can read, this site is to support legal immigration. Most of the voices here are against illegal immigration. I see no voices spelling out how legal immigration should work. I dare to say that mine, is a very comprehenssive voice for legal immigration.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast