Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    As of 12/31/08 8:55pm PT

Equal rights for (whatever that was): 990

Equal Immigration Rights for same sex binational couples

Right now, a gay American whose partner is a foreigner have no way of sponsoring their foreign partner for a green card in order for them to stay together in the united states. Heterosexual couples where one partner is a foreigner can easily apply for a green...

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey everyone we made it to the second round!!!!!!
    Starting Jan 5 we can beat the Dream Act and take 1st place!!!

Thank you all for getting into the fun and feeling the pride of having our voices heard. Thank you so much, I was so down and gave up on the whole thing until all of you got involved! You all are the best!!!!!

First Round Voting Closed

First round voting for the Ideas for Change in America Competition closed at midnight on December 31, 2008.

This idea finished in 2nd Place in the Immigration category and has therefore qualified for the final round. Final round voting will run from January 5th - 15th, and voting totals will be reset at zero for all qualifying ideas to ensure an equal playing field.
    Top 3 Ideas in Immigration

Pass the DREAM Act Now!
    Enforce Our Immigration Laws
    Equal Immigration Rights for same sex binational couples

http://www.change.org/ideas/view/enforc ... ation_laws

Will they allow it though? It seems to me that it depends on Change.org's agenda...

Roxas-I just found this facebook page. I don't believe freedom of speech matters to them-change only exists to promote their point of view. I am referring to these comments placed on the page:

by Alex at 3:18am on December 4th, 2008
    I am an activist of multiple issues, but this site decided- without notifying me- to delete my profile. Because I would like a new investigation into the events of September 11, I cannot participate in any part of the site, nor have my ideas presented to the president.

This site ONLY wants ideas that coincide with what President Obama or Congress already wants- not what you want.
    "Ideas that conflict with the spirit of this mission, that look backward instead of forward, that express values without offering solutions, that offer solutions which won't receive serious consideration by either the Obama administration or the 111th Congress, that are intended to attack others, or are otherwise offensive are not eligible for the second round. "

I wish a site that called themselves "change" could stand behind the right to free speech and the right to every opinion.

They censor ALL Ideas Related to Ending the Federal Reserveby Laura at 12:10pm on December 3rd, 2008
    My submitted "Idea" was well-written, fit the desired criteria, and was gaining support -- yet it was promptly deleted, along with my account. This website/organization is a total joke. They censor everything related to our monetary system (Federal Reserve). They don't want real ideas for change, they only want what fits in their narrow-minded definition of "change."

Don't censor the citizens of America!by Chris at 9:08am on December 1st, 2008
    I am outraged. You deleted my profile because I refused to be censored.

I could understand, to an extent, when you deleted the topics concerning 9/11 that were winning. After all, dangerous questions are a threat to Obama.

But how could you censor topics that aren't even close to winning? What do you hope to gain by censoring the opinions of American citizens when you ask them what topics are important?
    It's
    I voted for over 30 ideas that were not related to 9/11, but because you disagreed with one of my political positions, you censored me. How do you hope to bring about change if you don't encourage free and open dialogue?

I demand that you restore my profile, and any others that you have deleted. I also demand that you let topics relating to 9/11 exist until they become a threat to the Top 10. It's one thing if you don't want that idea to win and be presented to Obama, but quite another to censor the idea entirely.

Change.org is exciting by Will at 8:26pm on February 26th, 2008
    On the facebook side of things it is still a bit choppy, but I would give them some time. I see this application as doing a lot more than "causes" can ever do. Keep up the good work.
    http://www.facebook.com/apps/applicatio ... 2700056252

Yep I was also deleted for telling Dave Binnion who manages the immigration page the truth, that illegals can get "right with the law" as he put it by going home.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illegal Immigration

I too have had trouble posting to change.org. After more than 4 hours of sorry! we must have a glitch in our system, etc. I was finally able to vote yes to stopping the illegal immigration and sending them home. I tried for another 2 hours before giving up when I tried to "post my thoughts" on the subject. The only thing I could access on their site was the one to change my vote! Change.org has their own agenda and screen MOST of the ideas that oppose them! I tried to send a protest straight to obama.com but could only find the donate page. Very frustrating. Feel like my feeling are being shut-out.

April
    W. posted this on my action alert thread, I am posting it here so everyone sees it.

Ok folks, good job but we are calling off this effort because of the news change.com is not an official Obama site.

We are going to direct our efforts elsewhere were we can have more of a real impact.

W

After all of the trojans that tried to get me and the one that did it's a good idea for everyone to stay away from the site. The site does not have an even playing field and it's just propaganda for the illegals. Let Change and Dave Bennion sink into the hell where they belong.

MW

First round voting for the Ideas for Change in America Competition closed at midnight on December 31, 2008.

This idea finished in 2nd Place in the Immigration category and has therefore qualified for the final round. Final round voting will run from January 5th - 15th, and voting totals will be reset at zero for all qualifying ideas to ensure an equal playing field.

I went this far, guess I'll hang around and vote in the second round if for no other reason than to tick off the opposition.

Mayday wrote:

After all of the trojans that tried to get me and the one that did it's a good idea for everyone to stay away from the site.
    You must have a problem with your virus and/or security program. I've voted and responded on a number of the issues with no problem.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW

I went this far, guess I'll hang around and vote in the second round if for no other reason than to tick off the opposition.

Mayday wrote:

[quote:2x0ov6fh]After all of the trojans that tried to get me and the one that did it's a good idea for everyone to stay away from the site.
    You must have a problem with your virus and/or security program. I've voted and responded on a number of the issues with no problem.[/quote:2x0ov6fh]

Change is the only site where I have ever had trojans bother me. My virus protection did catch them and it removed the first one that did get me. I do believe the first one that did get me was from a link in the email when I went to the Change site from my email. The attacks happened on different browsers and on different days. One of the pro illegal posters(Albertina) was complaining about one too right after I received the first Trojan that got me.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast