Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    There are reasons for what is happening , Pay very close attention
    to what some of these posts say and you will learn a lot

In NH and SC the independent voters are going for McCain , that is
    what drove his wins in those states ,

Now we are going into close voting states where the indies can't vote
    in Repub races ,

The polling stated that in NH and SC the base repubs rejected
    McCain almost 2 to 1

When our base starts to speak on their own , the support
    won't be there for McC

Banned
    Also , best scenario for Florida

Either a first for Romney or Rudi

Rudi is dogmeat around the country and with our base so a win
    for him in Florida means nothing

The worst outcome is a McCain win in Florida

I think we need to remember we defeated Amnesty from passing not just once but several times in the last year.
    that is a huge success!
    Banned

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Quote Originally Posted by Potts
    What's wrong the American people?
    Very simple: stupidity. People don't do their homework on these clowns, then they will whine about why their new, wonderful president is calling for amnesty of millions of illegal alien murderers. But then, it's too late.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

USANevada makes relevant points above.

Read this post (and comprehend it) to see how weak McCain's SC victory actually was. You will not see this analysis in the Associated Press or Fox news:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/? ... BiYWIyYWE=
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    " In 2000, running against George W. Bush and the entire Carroll Campbell machine in South Carolina, John McCain got 42% of the vote, and 240,000 votes out of 573,000 or so cast.

Tonight, he got 33% of the vote in a field where his top challengers—Romney and Giuliani—aren't even running, and 135,000 actual votes. If just the same people who voted for McCain in 2000 had voted for him today, he would have won 50+% of the South Carolina vote. That would have been truly impressive.

Instead, John McCain LOST the support of 100,000 people—and he's the winner?"

If you really want to see McCain's weakness, however, try this thought experiment:

It's October, 2008. America's economy is in a recession. People are demanding change and new ideas, someone to give them optimism and hope on domestic issues. On stage, facing off in their final presidential debate to discuss jobs, economic policy and hope for the future are John McCain and Barack Obama.

And be sure to imagine how it will look on television, and to people who don't really follow politics (they are, after all, the swing voters who will pick the next president).

Now, tell me again how any Republican won tonight...?"

Here's the count so far (post from Hugh Hewitt):

..the RCP Delegate Count:

Romney 59
    Huckabee 38
    McCain 32
    Thompson 5
    Giuliani 1

CNN has Romney with 66, Huckabee 38, and McCain 26, but you get the picture.

In terms of total votes cast in primaries and caucuses to date (excluding Wyoming, for which I don't have a total):

Romney 530,162
    McCain 510,132
    Huckabee 339,824
    Thompson 103,553
    Giuliani 59,312
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Different count here also

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primar ... orecard/#R

Romney 72
    McC 38
    Huck 29

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Most or some of the problem has to do with the Diebold voting machines. They will flip the vote when they feel they are loosing. This a cheating blow to the foundation of our democracy. SC reported several gliches with these machines, don't know if they're Diebold or not, but they are corrupt.
    After learning about how easily those voting machines can be hacked, whenever I hear election results I have the suspicion the vote has been tampered with. Especially those Diebold machines, because apparently they are the easiest to hack. They had those in NH I know.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Re: McPain

Quote Originally Posted by theclassics
    I was watching an interview with Ron Paul and some talkin head. He said when they interviewed people in NH who had voted for mcpain the question was "Why did you vote for a pro war candidate". Many answered they thought he was against the war. The public is UN INFORMED. They work they watch football, they do this or that, they do not research the candidates nor do they research the issues. THAT is what is sad.
    This might sound bad, but I wish those people wouldn't vote. They should just stay home and keep sitting on their butts on the couch watching American Idol and let those of us who are informed decide.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast