Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Having moved from Southern Caliifornia to the midwest, I can attest to the fact that there are a lot of Americans who are oblivious to the illegal immigration crisis in the U.S.

The city where I live now probably has zero illegal immigrants, and believe me, if I bring up the subject of illegal immigration, people look at me blankly.

People here wouldn't know how to deal with the 3rd world culture and living conditions that illegal aliens from south of our border bring to communities. They're used to an "Ozzie and Harriet" lifestyle here.

I hope it doesn't come to this, but it might take 20 million more illegal aliens entering the U.S. and flooding the states now not affected for this country to wake up.
    They are oblivious because no one is helping them to connect the dots. They are being adversely affected, they just don't realize it. For example, in states that do have a large illegal population, the illegals go to hospital emegency rooms for their healthcare. Hospitals cannot refuse to treat them even though they know they won't get paid. Those hospitals get reimbursed by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT for the bills that are not paid by the illegals. Where does the money come from? Your "Ozzie and Harriet's" taxes.

Anytime the Federal govenrment has to pay more for something because of illegals - education costs, unemployment of displaced workders due to illegal employment, infrastructure costs, higher taxes due to illegal employment lowering wages of legal employees, etc., etc. "Ozzie and Harriet" are paying for it! Even they don't see "Jose and Maria" in their faces, "Ozzie and Harriet" are paying for the illegals. They just are ignorant of that fact because it's too important for "Ozzie and Harriet" to sit on their butts vegging in front of the TV watching American Idol.

"Ozzie and Harriet" just need to be educated and informed about the facts.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Ozzie and Harriet will start waking up when they start to see Calderon whipping the Mexican nationals up into a frenzy when he arrives in the U.S. in February. When Ozzie and Harriet turn on their T.V.s at night during that panderfest and say to each other "Is that taking place in Mexico?" and then realize that it's footage from Calderon speaking to all of his Mexican nationals in the U.S., they'll start to wake-up and shake off the denial.

Remember, many of us were in denial when the border states cried for help and sounded the alarm 20 years ago about unfettered illegal immigration. Because we didn't see it in our own backyards, we did nothing to help and mobilize. When the folks in those lucky areas of the country with no illegal immigration start to see illegals trickle into their communities and see a foreign president touring the U.S. and inciting foreign nationals to make further demands on the country they are illegally squatting in, they'll start to feel the same indignation, anger and resentment about the matter as the rest of America does. We welcome them when they do wake up, for we all do so in our own time.
    <div>"The making of an American begins at the point where he himself rejects all other ties, any other history, and himself adopts the vesture of his adopted land."**
    -James Baldwin, American Writer</div>

americangirl wrote:
    Having moved from Southern Caliifornia to the midwest, I can attest to the fact that there are a lot of Americans who are oblivious to the illegal immigration crisis in the U.S.
    __________________________________________________ _______

We've tossed this idea around before. Maybe we can have a slide show to exhibit what is happening in other typical American towns. Like mine...

We have many of these currency stores around town.
    [
    How would they like this restaurant by their house?

I find this very symbolic. The first shot is of the shop a year ago. The second shot is of the flags this week. Notice how the foreign flag is a mere scrap left. It really shocked me!!

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And this is the republicans! Great....so we will definitely get a democratic who wants open borders but we won't even have a republican to counteract them? 2 candidates being pro-illegal...I can only imagine that God is making this happen in order to usher in some kind of anarchy in prep for the tribulation. (If you're Christian you'll know what I'm saying!)
    I thought this very same thing!!!!!!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456