Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by ExCaliGal
    Quote Originally Posted by katatinka
    People of other races complain about the jobs they do, but they won't give me one of them.

I know what you mean,My son is having a hard time finding a job,He has a Chronic disease and was dx at 14 ,I tried to get him help from ssi but no go not enough job history..LOL Well not enough school history either he ended up being home leave with a so called tutor that came to our home once a week,Lot of good that did he ended up getting his GED, And still can't find a job.
    He is sick and has no medical anymore can't get it unless he had a child living at home,So go get someone preg to get help..
    He didn't have enough time to get a job history because he is sick he has worked but only when he was in remission and he would fight it till he couldn't take it anymore. It hurts me to see my son go through this in our country.
    He is going to go to college for a 2 year degree but the class filled up so he has to wait. Told him to get moving or it will be Mexicans that take the class,Our college caters to them has fiestas all the time and all the help they need to get money ,free daycare ,bus passes,and even jobs on campus.
    Oh I'm so tired of complaining about the illegals. Its too bad we couldn't be putting all this energy into helping out our own like the homeless and such instead we have people here that demand and if we don't fight we will lose. the gall and the balls that they have gets to me.They are shellfish greedy illegals. I wish I knew how the illegals can do all that they do, own and have cars and jobs and food housing and all for being an illegal. Go figure
    Sign your son up for SSDI, (Social Security Disability Insurance)

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/applyfordisability/
    ------------------------

Sign your son up for SSDI, (Social Security Disability Insurance)

I did that when he was 18 and they said not enough work history he worked at sears for awhile but became sick again.He was still covered on our insurance but since he wasn't going to school full time it was going to end. So I thought he has to have medical so that's why I went to them for medical at least he would be able to still go to college but that didn't happen, He did manage to a first responders cert, but with his illness it wasn't meant to be.So now he is going for a 2 year degree in welding as soon as he can. He has no medical. I'm at a loss of what to do. He also tried when he turned 20 and again the same not enough work history.How can he get enough work history,He has never made it long enough at a job to get health insurance so he can''t stay healthy to keep it. His meds are a lot of money. We helped for awhile but just 3 pills cost 200 bucks.He needs blood work done every 2 to four weeks when he is on meds then that gets sent to 2 labs.
    I don't know what we are doing wrong just trying to be honest and my son suffers while the illegals get it for free. sorry for sob story but it has been one heck of a ride and i just want some peace of mind.

He doesn't need a work history for SSDI. It's for the Disabled who can't work or can only work part time. If he dicides he'd rather work, they have a work program.

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10029.html#part2

Quote Originally Posted by ExCaliGal
    I did that when he was 18 and they said not enough work history he worked at sears for awhile but became sick again.He was still covered on our insurance but since he wasn't going to school full time it was going to end. So I thought he has to have medical so that's why I went to them for medical at least he would be able to still go to college but that didn't happen, He did manage to a first responders cert, but with his illness it wasn't meant to be.So now he is going for a 2 year degree in welding as soon as he can. He has no medical. I'm at a loss of what to do. He also tried when he turned 20 and again the same not enough work history.How can he get enough work history,He has never made it long enough at a job to get health insurance so he can''t stay healthy to keep it. His meds are a lot of money. We helped for awhile but just 3 pills cost 200 bucks.He needs blood work done every 2 to four weeks when he is on meds then that gets sent to 2 labs.
    I don't know what we are doing wrong just trying to be honest and my son suffers while the illegals get it for free. sorry for sob story but it has been one heck of a ride and i just want some peace of mind.
    ------------------------

Re: I JUST WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE

Quote Originally Posted by katatinka
    I just want to get out of here. If anybody has any ideas or advice for me, I would appreciate it. You know, when I was a newcomer in Los Angeles five years ago, a Latina told me I "didn't have any hate" in me. When I came here, I thought it was going to be fun. It was as if you could go to one country from another without having to go to the airport. You could just go down the road a piece. I thought I had come to a place where there was fresh mix of new cultures, new peoples, music, food, fun that we hadn't seen in this country before. I felt I was in on the ground floor of the 21st century. I thought I was really going to enjoy myself here. But the people here do not mix. Each ethnic group stays pretty much to itself. They don't want me in their neighborhoods or their classrooms or their churches. I am tolerated in their shops. I don't understand why all this bad feeling exists. I don't hate Latinos. I think they are cute and charming. I think the color of their skin is really pretty. But they seem determined to hate me, and I don't know why. I am mestizo. My Native American ancestors were North American Indians, so technically, they are on my patch. I don't understand why they seem to want to drive us out of here when it is only going to be the third world here once everyone else leaves. It reminds me of of what we learned in my History of Spain course when Ferdinand and Isabella finally got the Muslims out of Spain in 1492, and then they decided to kick the Jews out at the same time. Then Spain discovered a treasure trove of gold in the Americas, but there was no one to manage the money, so the money was gone through pretty quickly and it never did Spain any good. It is the irrationalilty of this whole situation that does my head in. Please, if anyone has any suggestons for places I could head for, let me know.
    Like you, my husband is Native American and Italian having come from a mining town as a kid in southeastern Colorado. Other than English, he is actually afflluent in Spanish more than Italian and also speaks Japanese. When you have a sitting POTUS who just the other day tells these illegals they have a "right" to be here because they were here either with or before the Native Americans, you have an idiot for a leader. Apparently, this "constitutional lawyer" never cracked a book on the history of this country. Our country is unique, you don't know her history.....you don't appreciate her. Maybe that's what happens when you spend 5 years as a kid living in and getting schooled in Indonesia.

As to your contemplating a move. Some Californiians are going to Washington, Oregon Idaho and Montana....definite weather changes for a Californian to deal with. Oregon and Washington have their problems, tool. Both are liberal states. Montana and Idaho are different....Idaho being the more conservative of the two....lot of Mormon influence in southern Idaho. Stay out of the Tri-Cities and Yakima, Washington....they, too, are becoming overun with more and more of the Hispanics fleeing Arizona, both the legal and the illegal. The economy in Washington, Idaho and Montana are relatively healthy.....Oregon is having some problems. We do have migrants in eastern Washington due to the agriculture here. But north central Washington can be very red necked and just about everyone here is armed.....it has been that way for years, long before the current illegal immigrantion problem. They have lived side by side with Native Americans on the Colville Indian Reservation for over 100 years. Life is definitely a lot slower here.....and forget about any sophistacation or the cultural events of the west side of this state.

I can't remember the exact quote or author regarding ones discontent with their state of existance....maybe Bugliosi...."if your on stage and don't like the scene you're in, get off the stage and write a new play" For many, many Californians, it is definitely time to heed the advice, if nothing else for their sanity.

Stay safe!

Re: I JUST WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE

escalade wrote:
    Like you, my husband is Native American and Italian having come from a mining town as a kid in southeastern Colorado. Other than English, he is actually afflluent in Spanish more than Italian and also speaks Japanese. When you have a sitting POTUS who just the other day tells these illegals they have a "right" to be here because they were here either with or before the Native Americans, you have an idiot for a leader. Apparently, this "constitutional lawyer" never cracked a book on the history of this country. Our country is unique, you don't know her history.....you don't appreciate her. Maybe that's what happens when you spend 5 years as a kid living in and getting schooled in Indonesia.

As to your contemplating a move. Some Californiians are going to Washington, Oregon Idaho and Montana....definite weather changes for a Californian to deal with. Oregon and Washington have their problems, tool. Both are liberal states. Montana and Idaho are different....Idaho being the more conservative of the two....lot of Mormon influence in southern Idaho. Stay out of the Tri-Cities and Yakima, Washington....they, too, are becoming overun with more and more of the Hispanics fleeing Arizona, both the legal and the illegal. The economy in Washington, Idaho and Montana are relatively healthy.....Oregon is having some problems. We do have migrants in eastern Washington due to the agriculture here. But [quote:347qigj3]north central Washington can be very red necked
    and just about everyone here is armed.....it has been that way for years, long before the current illegal immigrantion problem. They have lived side by side with Native Americans on the Colville Indian Reservation for over 100 years. Life is definitely a lot slower here.....and forget about any sophistacation or the cultural events of the west side of this state.

I can't remember the exact quote or author regarding ones discontent with their state of existance....maybe Bugliosi...."if your on stage and don't like the scene you're in, get off the stage and write a new play" For many, many Californians, it is definitely time to heed the advice, if nothing else for their sanity.

Stay safe![/quote:347qigj3]

north central Washington can be very red necked
    Do you have a problem with rednecks? .
    ------------------------

Pray

Pray for the next Earthquake. I hope it carries LA and the rest into the ocean.
    Don't ask me for help when it happens.

Its going to be God's way of cleaning up.

Native American in British Comments

http://www.guardian.co.uk/discussion/us ... odGunsGuts

This is a comment by a Native American which is a later addition to a thread I posted about a couple of days ago. It is in response to an article about the Dream Act (Guardian newspaper, UK).It is beautifully written.

Thank you, escalade, for your good wishes. I really am doing all I can to get out of LA asap. God bless you.

Rednecks seem to be the answer. I live in a small town in Northern California and even though there is problems in cities around us their isn't any problems in our town. A Hispanic told me this summer that Mexicans are afraid to come to my town, that there are too many rednecks.

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    Rednecks seem to be the answer. I live in a small town in Northern California and even though there is problems in cities around us their isn't any problems in our town. A Hispanic told me this summer that Mexicans are afraid to come to my town, that there are too many rednecks.
    I guess we're good for something.
    ------------------------

REDNECKS! LOS ANGELES CALLING!

I have seen a lot online that the illegals are scared of rednecks. I want to be a redneck. Maybe we could start a Redneck University as an antidote to the Girlie-man universities we've got now.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast