Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    Those clothes actually look really confortable, Butterbean. Well--not covering your face but the thingie that they wrap around them. If I got one of those, I could give up on trying to stop drinking chocolate milkshakes since I can't get into any of my clothes!! And, you wouldn't have to have an extensive wardrobe. One size fits all!
    Bootsie - I've seen really pretty wraps. So why do they always wear black or white? Is it to symbolize something? Like being a virgin or being married?
    I believe Oprah had someone on her show from Kuwait give her a wrap. It was a beautiful. The width is very long, and she had to be taught how to wrap up in it.
    I'm not against the actual 'wrap', but there should be some kind of variation. Its like putting on grey sweat pants day after day. Its just looks 'frumpy'.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    Those clothes actually look really confortable, Butterbean. Well--not covering your face but the thingie that they wrap around them. If I got one of those, I could give up on trying to stop drinking chocolate milkshakes since I can't get into any of my clothes!! And, you wouldn't have to have an extensive wardrobe. One size fits all!
    Bootsie - I've seen really pretty wraps. So why do they always wear black or white? Is it to symbolize something? Like being a virgin or being married?
    I believe Oprah had someone on her show from Kuwait give her a wrap. It was a beautiful. The width is very long, and she had to be taught how to wrap up in it.
    I'm not against the actual 'wrap', but there should be some kind of variation. Its like putting on grey sweat pants day after day. Its just looks 'frumpy'.
    Not all of them wear black or white. Check out the picture in this thread.

https://www.alipac.us/ftopict-12170-muslim.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What would you call this strange phenomena?
    I call it a cold, hard look at what our government has done to this country by allowing everyone to cross the borders just because they happened to want to be here. Some things, like oil and water, just don't mix and I think they should have thought about that before they started letting people come here to go to school, seek asylum, or whatever other reasons they let people in. They opened up the door for danger to Americans while they opened up the door for danger to innocent imimgrants who happen to be from the Middle East.

At the time of the overthrow of Iran's government (1979?) , I owned a little sandwich shop in a NC college town. There were probably 20 Iranian students there. Some of them had parents who friends of the Shah. Those kids found themselves stranded in the US with no money because the US gov't froze their bank accounts and they couldn't go home because they would be executed by the Ayatollah's henchmen. I know for sure that at least one kid's parents were executed. I don't know what happened to any of them but I must say that I felt sorry for their plight at the time.

I don't know what I'd think now if the same situation were to repeat itself but I hope I could still feel some compassion. I never lived in Iran but I lived in other Moslem countries.

As for wearing one of those get-ups, try cutting holes in one of those black plastic garbage bags and go out shopping for an hour or so dressed like that. You don't even have to cover your head.

In Saudi Arabia, the men wear white because it's cooler while the women are expected to wear dark colors. Some of the women's garb does have beautiful embroidery work but it is still hot and uncomfortable. I can't figure out why the women don't revolt but I guess it is because of the traditions bred into them from birth that say they are property and can be killed at the man's whim.

Still, I don't think it is our business to try to interfere with their government in their own land, either.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm joking around with you, BBean!!! I'll stick with the gray sweat pants, thank you!!!!!

This is a question that might be controversial but I've got to ask it. For the past couple of years, I keep hearing on TV this country referred to as built on a Judeo/Christian philosophy. I know that is true to an extent but, on O'Reilly and on several other programs lately, they've been talking a lot about taking away Christian and JEWISH holidays in the schools. They are saying that some Muslims expect the same. But, here is my question for those of you who are old enough to answer it--WHEN did any Jewish holidays become SCHOOL Holidays???? NEVER when I was in school did we celebrate ANY Jewish holidays. I remember we had a couple of Jewish kids in school and I went to large schools in South Carolina and they may have had excused absences on their holidays but I know they were NEVER discussed in school. I am almost ashamed to say this but there was one Jewish family in my neighborhood and my parents wouldn't let me go to her house to spend the night. We could play during the day at each other's houses but they really discouraged a friendship between us. PRETTY STRONGLY discouraged it. Maybe I've missed something along the way but I have always felt this country was built on a CHRISTIAN PHILOSOPHY. AM I WRONG???? Am I a product of a sheltered existence????
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Thats an interesting question, Bootsie. Given the murky and convoluted history of Jewish/Christian relationships, its difficult to come up with clear-cut answers. Given that Jews only make up about 3% of America's population, you would have to maintain that American culture is certainly more Christian than Judeo. So the idea that we're supposed to give equal priority to Jewish holidays (or Jewish interests) that we give to Christian holidays, is a slap in the face to the vast majority of Americans. And yet, the Christian Bible was basically written by Jews, about Jews. And half of the Bible is also a sacred Jewish text. So like I said, its hard to separate the Judeo from the Christian.

I see that part of it, Ace, but I guess it was kind of a taboo subject when and where I grew up and I certainly would never have thought of American as JUDEO-Christian even though the Old Testament is Jewish. But, and I don't know about y'all, where I grew up, we called Jews names that I won't mention here (but it had the word "haters" in it) so I just think this is a more recent development. I think maybe my point is that, if Jewish people are all of a sudden so important in our culture, will the day come when Muslims will be the same?????

Did any of y'all ever go to schools in other parts of the country where Jewish holiday were celebrated or even MENTIONED in public schools?? I mean--we had Christmas holidays and Easter holidays and we were certainly out of school for those and I'm sure the Jews didn't much like that idea and that's where I'm coming from when I say this new, politically correct terminology--Judeo/Christian--is recent.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Hmmmm, I went to school in NY state. We had at least one Jewish person in our grade school but I don't remember that much about her other than she didn't look any different than anyone else to me. Whether or not there were any Jewish kids in my high school I couldn't tell you but it only stands to reason that there would have been.

I don't recall any ugly things being said about Jews when I was growing up but I do remember things after I joined the work force that could have been construed as hatred for no apparent reason.

I don't recall even hearing anything about Jewish holidays until I was an adult and a friend of mine got a job taking care of some Jewish children whose mother had died and so she took it upon herself to teach them what she could of their culture by learning about it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And, that was in NEW YORK State where you would THINK there would have been a LOAD of Jewish people. I just think it's become a recent phenomenon that the media has perpetuated????

Bootsie-- When I was in high school, I lived in a very uppity neighborhood, and I would say that at least 1/3 of the students were Jewish. I remember that the Jewish holidays were around the same time as Christmas. I couldnt understand why someone would want to light some blue candles and open little gifts for 7 days. But, I didnt care as long as Christmas was celebrated. I would say that the Jewish holidays were finally recognized on the school calendar around the time I was in highschool. That is fine with me. But I just cant accept some holidays. Such as Kwanza which is a 'made-up holiday' (yes it is), or EIN which is some muslim cult holiday in the name of allah- which by the way, is not GOD.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

KWANZA CRACKS ME UP!!!!!

I do remember that, when I found out that my neighbor got a present EVERY day for SEVEN days, I considered changing "affiliations"!!!! What area of the country did you grow up in??