Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I Got firm No for clotures votes from

Hutchinson
    Sessions
    Shelby
    Bunning
    Dole
    I got a most likely no from Enzi

Banned
    TONIGHT, TO FILL VOICEMAILS AND TOMORROW, FOR CALLS & FAXES, I'VE COMPILED THE SENATORS WE NEED TO HIT EITHER BECAUSE THEY ARE WEAK OR UP FOR RE-ELECTION & THEY NEED EXTRA LOVE AND ATTENTION:

UP FOR RE-ELECTION

Biden (D-Delaware)

Durbin (D-Illinois)

Harkin (D-Iowa)

Landrieu (D-LA)

Kerry (D-Massachusetts)

Levin (D-Michigan)

Baucus (D-Montana)

Lautenberg (D-NJ)

Reed (D-RI)

Rockefeller (D-WV)

Stevens (R-AL)

Allard (R-retiring CO)

Chambliss (R-GA)

Craig (R-ID)

Roberts (R-KS)

McConnell (R-Minority Leader-KY)

Collins (R-Maine)

Coleman (R-Minnesota)

Cochran (R-Mississippi)

Hagel (R-presidential candidate-NE)

Sununu (R-NH)

Domenici (R-NM)

Dole (R-NC)

Inhofe (R-OK)

Smith (R-OR)

Graham (R-SC)

Alexander (R-TN)

Cornyn (R-TX)

Warner (R-VA)

Enzi (R-WY)

WEAK SENATORS

Crapo (R-ID)

Shelby (R-AL)

Grassley (R-IA)

Ensign (R-NV)

Dorgan (D-ND)

Casey (D-PA)

McCaskill (D-MO)

Webb (D-VA)

Tester (D-MT)

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    TONIGHT, TO FILL VOICEMAILS AND TOMORROW, FOR CALLS & FAXES, I'VE COMPILED THE SENATORS WE NEED TO HIT EITHER BECAUSE THEY ARE WEAK OR UP FOR RE-ELECTION & THEY NEED EXTRA LOVE AND ATTENTION:

UP FOR RE-ELECTION

Biden (D-Delaware)

Durbin (D-Illinois)

Harkin (D-Iowa)

Landrieu (D-LA)

Kerry (D-Massachusetts)

Levin (D-Michigan)

Baucus (D-Montana)

Lautenberg (D-NJ)

Reed (D-RI)

Rockefeller (D-WV)

Stevens (R-AL)

Allard (R-retiring CO)

Chambliss (R-GA)

Craig (R-ID)

Roberts (R-KS)

McConnell (R-Minority Leader-KY)

Collins (R-Maine)

Coleman (R-Minnesota)

Cochran (R-Mississippi)

Hagel (R-presidential candidate-NE)

Sununu (R-NH)

Domenici (R-NM)

Dole (R-NC)

Inhofe (R-OK)

Smith (R-OR)

Graham (R-SC)

Alexander (R-TN)

Cornyn (R-TX)

Warner (R-VA)

Enzi (R-WY)

WEAK SENATORS

Crapo (R-ID)

Shelby (R-AL)

Grassley (R-IA)

Ensign (R-NV)

Dorgan (D-ND)

Casey (D-PA)

McCaskill (D-MO)

Webb (D-VA)

Tester (D-MT)
    I already posted it!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    SOSAD, saw that after!!! Oh well can't post it enough I guess!

JAK
    I don't know about the rest of you but I can barely finish the sentence that I am opposed to amnesty bill s1348 and it's thank you for your call!!!
    Some I have had to call back because they hang up so quickly and some I catch before they hang up on me. Arrogant attitudes as usual!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    I don't know about the rest of you but I can barely finish the sentence that I am opposed to amnesty bill s1348 and it's thank you for your call!!!
    Some I have had to call back because they hang up so quickly and some I catch before they hang up on me. Arrogant attitudes as usual!!!
    I am getting the exact same bums rush!
    I know it is because they already know what they are going to do.
    BUT that won't quiet me down.

Hey, on a side note.
    My 12 year old son who is doing school work at home today wanted to be a part of this process because he has learned a lot and has been watching C-span with me, so I had him write down what he wanted to say and I called Sen Sessions office. I told the Aide that my son wanted to make his first call to DC to be to a man he respects and asked if they would let him talk. They guys was super nice and let my son read off his thoughts and did not rush him. My son told the aide that he wanted to move to Alabama so he could represent him and that he appreciated Sen Sessions for working so hard to help the American people!
    The guy was sweet to him and patient I really appreciated that!

JAK
    That's Great PAF!!!! I know you are sooooo proud!!
    You can let him know that his "fellow Americans" are proud of him toooo!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    SOSAD, saw that after!!! Oh well can't post it enough I guess!

Graham, Kyl and Menendez are making me sick! Their trying to let all of mexico in, they are all crazy
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    Oh yes...that is why I start saying right when I start talking, "Please do not hang up on me until I am completely finished." Catches their attention.

I found this blog posted in the National Review Online by writer Kathryn Jean Lopez. I don't know much about the Bluey Blog, but note the senators that amnesty opponents are focusing on. Feel free to post this in a General Discussion or elsewhere if you wish. I've called some of these senators already, but will redouble my efforts. PLEASE do so too:

-----------------------------

Bluey Blog - The Official Blog of Robert B. Bluey «
    This Is No Way to Legislate
    June 6th, 2007

Amnesty Opponents Making Progress in Senate
    Spirits among conservative critics of the immigration bill have brightened today following several Senate votes that indicate at least 40 senators could block the bill during a cloture vote tomorrow.

Well-placed sources tell me that activists are focusing their attention on the following list of senators: Sam Brownback (R.-Kan.), Richard Burr (R.-N.C.), Saxby Chambliss (R.-Ga.), Larry Craig (R.-Idaho), Pete Domenici (R.-N.M.), Byron Dorgan (D.-N.D.), John Ensign (R.-Nev.), Mike Enzi (R.-Wyo.), Judd Gregg (R.-N.H.), Johnny Isakson (R.-Ga.), Jon Kyl (R.-Ariz.), Mary Landrieu (D.-La.), Trent Lott (R.-Miss.), Mitch McConnell (R.-Ky.), Claire McCaskill (D.-Mo.), Ben Nelson (D.-Neb.), Mark Pryor (D.-Ark.), Debbie Stabenow (D.-Mich.), John Sununu (R.-N.H.), Jon Tester (D.-Mont.), George Voinovich (R.-Ohio), Jim Webb (D.-Va.), and John Warner (R.-Va.).

These individuals are apparently still non-committal about how they will vote on the final bill or could be swayed depending on votes either for or against amendments to the bill.

Conservatives’ renewed optimism came after three votes on amendments to the bill, all of which garnered at least 41 votes — the number needed to block cloture.

• An amendment by Sen. John Cornyn☼ to bar gang members, sex offenders, terrorists, and alien absconders from receiving amensty was defeated 46-51.

• An amendment by Sen. Jim DeMint (R.-S.C.) to requiring health-care coverage for holders of nonimmigrant Z-visas was Defeated 43-55.

• An amendment by Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D.-N.M.) to remove the requirement that guest workers leave the United States before they are able to renew their visa was defeated 41-57.

Although these amendments fell short of the votes needed for passage, the efforts of activists have made a difference. The outreach by conservative groups to mobilize their supports, increasing phone calls to Senate offices and activism back home, may be working.

Posted at 5:14 PM in Capitol

LINK IN NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE:

The Immigration Bill: Will There Be Enough Votes for Cloture? [Kathryn Jean Lopez]

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/? ... Q4M2MzZTM=

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast