Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Man wouldn't you love to be able to confront Condi or Bush face to face about what's really going on on our borders? It's so easy to give carefully constructed, condescending speeches and answer pre-arranged questions, but let's have a REAL discussion.

It's coming. The real conversation. It has to. This is America.

Actually, I don't know what this President is going to decide to do, anymore than anyone else does. Is it frustrating....yes.....does President Bush know he is frustrating us? I would say that it might be his hope that we all become so frustrated and tired that we give up. I think it's all crossed our minds for an hour or two. But I doubt we will give up, because I really believe that we're so Americanized that we can't give up. It's too ingrained in us to stand by our country and our people. It's a good thing too.

President Bush has never liked to change his mind on things, since he's been in office. We've seen that. I think that 9/11 gave him a feeling of having a lot of power and a need to appear in control, which I can't blame him for. Between the power 9/11 gave him coupled with the fact that he is apparently, shall we say, strong- willed (that's more polite than saying hard-headed) has created a hard situation for us. I think that Americans want a strong president to stand up against those who threaten us......I think it's a whole different story having a president pushing his will on the American people. It goes like this....Stand up for us......don't stand up to us. That's just too scarey for us. In our view.....that's as dangerous as an enemy threatening us, because we are taught about dictators at a very young age!! I DO NOT think George Bush is a dictator. But I think he's a pretty scarey guy. LOL
    I'm laughing, but I'm serious. The truth is sometimes I think about it and I don't laugh. The bottom line is that our president desperately needs to do a better job of balancing the power that he's empowered upon himself, and thinks that we pre-approved when we voted for him, so that we can solve the problems facing our country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokie
    Quote Originally Posted by bot_feeder
    Everyone who joins the Bush administration winds up having to shill for his indefensible policy. Asa Hutchinson was OK as a congressman, but his brain turned to mush once he had to defend Bush.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who has served in the Bush Administration is tainted and therefore unqualified to serve in any other policy position for the rest of their life after their stint with the Bush Admin is over.

No one with any self respect or integrity would serve in the Bush Administration.

Consequenty, anyone who does serve in the Bush administration either has no self respect or has no integrity.
    It is a shame that statements like this turn many of us off from sites like this..... if it turns into a Bush-bashing website, I am out of here. Bush is no more and no less guilty than Clinton and other previous presidents...

this issue is one that should unite Democrats and Republicans..... not divide us further...

I agree Clinton is just as guilty but he is no longer president of the United States. The current office holder should be fair game for any praise or criticism for their policies, and Bush is currently that man. When he leaves office it will be the next persons turn to get blasted if they fail. For me it's not a partisan political issue. I'll rip whoever is president regardless of party affiliation.

I voted for Bush twice and think he is doing a terrible job with his so called war on terror. It doesn't make any sense to say we are fighting a war, but not do anything about illegal immigration or securing the borders. I think it's only a matter of time before the terrorist strike again because of Bush's inconsistencies with the war.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Pokie, you may have missed some of the information on different people on this forum. Most of us are Republicans. Most of us voted for Bush.

Something as simple as controlling a border during "high terror alerts" has escaped this President, even though, the 9/11 invasion in three states occurred during his Administration.

I'm so Republican I defended Richard Nixon to the END. I can remember being in my Sorority House, expressing my view, and I thought I was going to be attacked. I can still make the argument that what happened did not warrant impeachment and the impeachment was political. Yes, he covered up. Yes, Clinton committed Perjury Three Times in Lawsuits. Was he impeached for Perjury....no he was impeached for improper behavior in the kitchen off the Oval office.

Any criticism you see on this board is probably from a Republican. I've called for his Impeachment....that is how upset I am with this President over Illegal Immigration. If you will go to an article I posted called FOR REPORTERS: THE TRUTH ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION...which is some research I did to try and understand why this President has:

1) failed to control the borders during High Terror Alerts

2) has been weak on enforcement of immigration laws

3) has been silent on the outpouring to him from Citizens, Governors, Public Officials, Businesses wanting a stop to illegal immigration

4) states that the MinuteMen are vigilantes when he has never met them, does not know them, and has NO REASON to call them that

5) stated a few weeks later in Fort Hood, Texas on April 12 when asked about the MinuteMen, "I don't support racism." implying the Minutemen were racist....when he has not one fact to support that statement.

6) sent Condi Rice to Mexico to "reassure the Mexicans that the United States doesn't tolerate racism" in response to their concerns about the MinuteMen

7) failed to address America's concerns about the borders and illegal immigration at his Press Conference on social security when the world sat poised for "something" from the Leader of our nation...we got not one syllable and not one reporter asked a question when the project in Arizona and illegal immigration were the top story on everyone's mind that entire week

to this day....has not sent one additional person to guard the borders

9) to this day...has not stepped up prosecutions of illegal employers, runners of networks that arrange these illegal hiring arrangements

10) to this day....hasn't done squat.

Illegal Immigration has killed 10,000 people just in the state of California, which is more victims than all the fatalities of 9/11; the Gulf War, the War in Afghanistan; and the War in Iraq COMBINED.

Excessive immigration into the United States has cost American Workers over $200 Billion a year just in deflated wages and salaries. This flood of folks into our country is ruining the United States and the President could care less. People have lost their lives, their incomes, their jobs, their peace of mind, their security because he has chosen not to Protect American Citizens.

In my humble opinion, that warrants getting bashed. This isn't a democratic thing....the bashing is from Republicans who feel totally betrayed by their President whom, until 2 months ago, we all adored.

After I did my research and pieced together what this was all about, I threw up for 4 hours.

If there is any among us that will defend an American President, especially a Republican through thick or thin, it was moi. I can tolerate a mistake, I can tolerate a strategic move, I can tolerate certain levels of misbehavior by anyone, Republican or Democrat.

BUT THIS....is a betrayal of monumental proportion that has changed lives and our nation forever. We can pick up the pieces and move forward to a new day. But those killed by illegal gangs won't. Their families won't. People who have lost their businesses won't. People who have lost their jobs and been pushed to welfare won't. American Children in California schools with 58% drop out rates because of gangs controlling their school...won't. The Americans who gained access to drugs brought in by Mexican drug-runners and became addicts won't. Americans who didn't get to the emergency room in time, because their local Trauma Center closed due to the cost of treating illegal aliens won't. Their families won't. The next generation of Americans who will have to pay off this huge national debt with deflated wages and salaries and more population that this economy can possibly sustain won't.

The damage caused to the American People by illegal immigration, which only occurs because our government failed to enforce immigration law and secure our borders and seaports, is unforgivable and inexcusable.

I agree with 2ndamendsis and you Pokie, that it took several Presidents to bring us where we are.

It took George Bush One; Bill Clinton; and George Bush Two. All three graduates of Yale University and members of the secret society called Skull and Bones. By the time Bush One finishes his term, this will be 20 years of this Rule to create an environment that they believed would force Americans to agree to Open Borders; combining nations with Canada and Mexico and causing the END of the United States as an independent sovereign nation....without ever asking the American People about it and never telling us that they were working towards it behind our backs.

With respect to Democrats and Republicans coming together, we already have.

We're called the Americans.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

https://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=Forum ... 2806#22806

For Pokie and anyone on this thread who missed the FOR REPORTERS: THE TRUTH ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Connet the Dots....Then Try to Eat.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Acutally, the Secretary is correct in stating that border ENFORCEMENT is a role for the Federal Government, and the Federal Government alone.

Local residents in Neighborhood Watch programs know that, excepting the rare citizen's arrest, law ENFORCEMENT is a role for law enforcement personnel. Ditto the Minuetmen.

That said, your local (wherever you are) Police Department probably promotes, assists and, to some extent, relies on the 'eyes and ears' of Neighborhood Watch volunteers.

Our Federal Government KNOWS that the Minutemen are, in reality, 'Neighborhood Watch' volunteers, not vigilantes.

The basic problem is that no administration, over the last thirty years, has been willing to stop illegal immigration, and this administration is embarrased by the Minutemen's recent successes.

The Federal Government's bigger problem is, (1) much to their chagrin, Americans have become increasingly aware of illegal immigration's true magnitude and societal costs, and (2) the current administration's continued use of transparent and easily disproved, non-sensical rhetoric (ex: they do the work that Americans won't do) as excuses for NOT stopping illegal immigration is becoming very indefensible.

As more and more folks recognize that they're being B.S.'d, and begin to publicly challenge the administration's policies vis a vis illegal immigration, the sooner the administration will be forced to yield to the will of America's individual tax-paying, voting citizens, not the will of the businesses whose practice of hiring illegal aliens is driving current policy.

Frequent, polite letters and emails to our elected officials, as well as news outlets, is what gets the ball rolling, and keeps it moving toward the goal.

WELL SAID BOBC!!

Did you all know that Gilchrist was on Lou Dobbs Tonight and the protestors were shown on the program!! Jim did great!

It is a shame that statements like this turn many of us off from sites like this..... if it turns into a Bush-bashing website, I am out of here. Bush is no more and no less guilty than Clinton and other previous presidents...

this issue is one that should unite Democrats and Republicans..... not divide us further...
    Who are we supposed to hold accountable for this? The illegal immigrants? No. Our government, who is letting them come in at 10,000 a day. Yes. Whether you like Bush or not, the fact remains that we are being invaded under HIS watch.
    When the administration is clearly working in the interest of foreign country, there will be some" Bashing". This is not a "PC" web site but one thing you can always count on is an "honest" opinion. Our government and our government ONLY is creating this enormous burden on the American people. Democrats and Republicans alike. This web site wouldn't exist at all if they were doing their job.

noillegalimmigrationannie

I posted my aviator in the pictures section under"Jorge Boosh on Immigration" I died laughing when I found it!
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

JP wrote
    If criticizing MR Bush is wrong then I don’t want to be right. He isn’t doing his job.
    IMHO, it's not just about Bush. We have a CONGRESS that carries just as much blame if not more.

My point is simply that CONGRESS holds the keys to the problem. Blame one blame them all. Singling out ONE PERSON allows the others to slip under the radar screen. It's NOT that Bush is right, it's that they're ALL WRONG.

Everytime I personally read something re: Bush that doesn't include the other culprits {and there are many bad guys} my first thought is "wait, what about the other bums? Don't let them off the hook! Make A BIGGER HOOK and hang ALL of them." When we only talk about Bush we give the others a pass, imo.

{my 2 cents}
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It isn't just this administration but decades of previous administrations who have failed to protect the borders allowing millions of illegals into this country. It is not only this administration but Congress has failed, the Supreme Court also has failed making unpopular decisions that have hindered enforcement of illegals.

Fortunately, as a result of good works by Rep. Tom Cancredo and others like William, the issue of illegals in this country is on the rise. When it will get to the level of this administration, Congress, and finally the Supreme Court to the point where something concrete will be done about it is anybody's guess. Communicating our thoughts to our elected officials are good but it is when we go to the polls and vote as a block on illegal immigration is when the wheels of progress will really be made. The MinuteMen project will no doubt keep this issue out in front so this project cannot be abandoned to the embarrassment of Bush and Condi. Big media will no doubt be looking for incidents they can distort and report their way on their on turf. Those that do that, are void of any credibility when they intentionally look the other way when thousands come across the unsecure border each month. I salute the members of the media who are responsible on this issue and are making a contribution to the cause.

The front door may be closed but the back door is standing wide open. It is an invitation.

CLOSE THE BORDER AND DO IT NOW!
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast