Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mexico Annexes Los Angeles ?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa
    Clear Channel is still responsible for what is on their billboard

In fact, Viacom just turned down ProjectUSA who wanted to advertise on one of its billboards in Arizona.
    Yes, I understand. I'm writing an e-mail now and came back here to get a copy of the billboard in question to include in my query to the outdoor advertising exec at Clear Channel.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Here's an address to write to:

Tony Alwin
    Senior Vice President Creative
    2850 East Camelback Rd. Suite 300
    Phoenix, AZ 85016
    602-957-8116
    Outdoorcontact@clearchannel.com

Here's the e-mail I just sent...............
    =============================================
    To Whom it May Concern:

I've learned today that Clear Channel Outdoors allegedly owns a billboard in Los Angeles on which Channel 62, KRCA-TV has purchased advertising space.

Can you confirm that the billboard below (link provided below) is indeed your property and that the advertising space was sold to KRCA?

You may wonder why I'm inquiring ... it's simple ... because I think it very curious and also very insulting for the city of Los Angeles, CA to have its name x'ed out and replaced with Mexico.

This still IS the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and I find this downright outrageous!

This goes beyond creative advertising and should be removed post haste!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/D ... co_sm1.jpg
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

If we get a confirmation, we should let Dobbs, O'Reilly, Hannity (that's a job for Husker <g>), Rush, etc. know.

This is an outrage. I've worked in advertising ... this goes beyond "creative" .. IMO this becomes a question of ethics.

And, in the meantime, ya'll get to 'ritin that advertising exec that I gave the e-mail address for, ya hear?

I would not oppose this billboard for a million dollars!

Let Americans see it. The biggest insult is that Mexican engulfment is becoming reality.

I hope billboards like this spread all across the country and wake up more Americans fast-fast.

Quote Originally Posted by thangdatrang
    I would not oppose this billboard for a million dollars!

Let Americans see it. The biggest insult is that Mexican engulfment is becoming reality.

I hope billboards like this spread all across the country and wake up more Americans fast-fast.
    You have a point, TDT.

It's your city Mexico is the way I read it.

Should we go ahead and send this to Dobbs, Hanity, and Savage? I've sent it out to my private IR leadership directory and the ALIPAC e-mail alerts list.

What say ye?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

send it on to President Dobbs and the others
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

watchman So I hope the billboard really exists

It has been confirmed that Clear Channel does own the billboard. However, the reason CA is crossed out is this is an ad for a news show for the Hispanic market with news from Mexico. Instead of LA or local news, it is news from "home".. MX.

Admittedly, without this piece of info, the billboard is quite confusing and even alarming.

Best bet is to query the ad agency that developed the ad.

Clear Channel is not responsible for content unless it is "offensive."

I called the station KCRA

I called the station with the info provided from another person's post:

Krca TV Channel 62
    (81 563-5722

I confirmed that there is a Channel 62 in LA. So that much is true. I spoke with a woman who spoke English. She said I need to talk to Carlos and that he is not in. She hadn't heard of this and I walked her through the process of pulling up the URL and visiting the site. The station now knows about this and Carlos will soon too. I left my phone numbers for Carlos to call me back to verify or determine it's a hoax or not.

Wow, this is a bold statement if true that will really dissapoint a lot of Americans.

Erin

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast