Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

usanevada

We didn't have many gas lines in Texas in the 70's, but I saw them on TV. I am in agreement with Bob Hope - we didn't have a oil shortage - just a shortage of cheap oil. When the price got OK - there was plenty.

Yes, we use oil. To then say we have the right to invade another country, put in place bloody tyrants and prop them up for years, causing the torture and death of thousands of people over there - just so we can have oil is just not right.

So what would you have those people do - love us for the horrors we have caused them - just because we want oil.

Don't you think America has and has had the ability to come up with some solution to the energy problem? If there was a will and something from our government besides giving money to oil companies to make sure we don't have alternative energy and to wage war for the oil companies?

I am not at all sure America doesn't have oil we aren't using. I have heard people in the oil business tell me we have plenty of oil here - enough for a very long time, but the government is not allowing it to be used. These are not kooks. Remember oil companies are global corporations now - they don't care where they get their oil. They are just as happy to leave it in the ground here until needed. After all, if Americans realized we had oil, would they be content to pay $3 a gallon for gasoline? I doubt it. The only way they can maintain those obscene profits is convincing Americans we have no oil.

The war in Iraq cost enough money to put solar panels on every house in America, and wind generators, by the thousands, to help people do things to their homes to make them more energy efficient. The government could have sponsored research into many other ways of powering automobiles.

My goodness think of the added oil it takes to transport all this so called cheap merchandise around the world. Why not bring manufacturing back to America and save all that transportation costs?

I can't believe anyone would think we have the right to maim and murder innocent people just because American corporations are so greedy they won't work on alternative energy and our politicians are so greedy they take the money of those corporations. Not saying you do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

UsaNevada, you said Ron Paul offends other countries, but on the contrary, they appear to love him. It's not hard to find this out, just do a little research. And, also, I was watching, I think CNN today and our media was interviewing reporters from around the world, and the majority said their countries favored Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is not a loon. He's a very intelligent man and is well versed on the issues and I believe he understand the disaterous direction this country is taking more than the other candidates. Everyone kept bumping him out of the conversation tonight because they all know he's a threat. Their snickering at him was very juvenile in my opinion, and only made themselves look pathetic. Paul had the dignity to treat them with respect.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You know one thing for sure - he has 'them' worried.

They have tried to ignore him - keep him out of debates and call him names - even to say he lied about the superhighway.

If he wasn't on to something they don't want spoken, it wouldn't bother them so much.

That's right, nntrixie. Ron Paul scares them to death. Did you notice a few of them even picking up some of his phrases tonight? He said they have asked hin how he's drawing the big support and he told them people like his message.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    UsaNevada, you said Ron Paul offends other countries, but on the contrary, they appear to love him. It's not hard to find this out, just do a little research. And, also, I was watching, I think CNN today and our media was interviewing reporters from around the world, and the majority said their countries favored Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is not a loon. He's a very intelligent man and is well versed on the issues and I believe he understand the disaterous direction this country is taking more than the other candidates. Everyone kept bumping him out of the conversation tonight because they all know he's a threat. Their snickering at him was very juvenile in my opinion, and only made themselves look pathetic. Paul had the dignity to treat them with respect.
    I agree with you on one point----they should not laugh at him. That is disrespectful.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

And as for the oil. America has more than enough oil to take care of this country for many years to come. We just don't drill it. We stopped in the 70's because the Middle East said ,"we can sell it to you cheaper than you can produce it yourseves." So, we plugged all our wells and I think the only one still drilling their own oil is Texas. Now it would be cheaper to produce our own oil, but you're not going to get the money grubbing oil people to let that happen. It's all about money.

tinybobidaho

That's what I have heard from some in the business.

Texas is still pumping, but we have a lot of wells locked down. Whether they are pumped out or just stopped I don't know.

There is a lot of activity - leasing wise - in Central TExas now, don't know when and if anything will come of it.

You know the oil companies are global companies - with no loyalty to America. They can get oil where they want and our politicians have no problem with taking money from anyone - so we are using ME oil.

There is no way Americans would be paying $3 a gallon for gas, if our wells were pumping. As long as they can keep Americans convinced we are out of oil, they can keep those prices up.

I remember the oil shortage in the 70's, too, and we solved the problem by opening another refinery. From what I was told back then, the wells had plenty of oil when they shut down. I was in Oklahoma at the time and I remember people just up and leaving their homes because they lost their jobs in the oil fields. It was really sad to see enntire streets with empty houses. They just walked out and left them. That was the beginning of the mess we're in right now.

I think the oil prices are being so manipulated and I think alternative energy is being deliberately stymied.

I just don't know why some of these multi-billionaires don't realize there is big profit in alternative energy and invest money in it.

Imagine if solar energy were to become available to everyone home in America - and it could be done. Right now, it's too expensive for most people, but as in everything else, as more and more people buy, the price would go down.

It may be no one thing will do the job, but there are several options, why can't we use them all?

I remember the 70s too and wasnt the Alaskan pipeline supposed to be
    a windfall for us and where does the oil from it go?
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast