Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It was the Prince Sultan AFB.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... sultan.htm

We set up shop there during the first Gulf War, and then didn't leave. The Saudis politely asked us several times to consider leaving, because our occupation was making their radicals uneasy about our long term intent.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Texas supplies their own oil for their state and sells off what they don't use. They don't distribute it to the other states, which I think is wrong.

I don't know for sure, but I think you might be wrong there. We are paying pretty high prices for gas here in Texas also.

Now if we get our gas cheaper, I don't think so, but if we do, we are also the ones who are contending with the pollution from the refineries that refine it for most of the rest of the country. It's our coastline that has air it hurts to breathe and it's our beaches that get closed all the time because of pollution and it is our beaches that get gunked up with crude oil. We don't have the beautful white sand beaches of CA or FLA -

All the price of that gas is not reflected at the pump - we pay in many ways.

There was some talk years ago that our natural gas was costing people in the NE less than it was Texans.

I will ask someone about that - but I do think you are wrong.

But Texas isn't the only state still pumping, OK is and LA is I know.

I've been to the coast and have seen the foreign tankers lining up to unload at the tanks and have seen the acres and acres and miles and miles of refineries.

But to think that Texas has any control over its oil makes no sense. It doesn't belong to Texas or even to American companies. Most of the oil companies are foreign owned - or partially foreign owned.

There is oil all over this world - and more wells being drilled all the time. I don't think we have a shortage of oil - I think it is being manipulated.

As to the bases in SA, I don't know the true situation, but we did have people there - and the Muslims resented it. I knew that we had more or less been asked to leave and I think that might have been part of the reason for invading Iraq.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AngelTC - If the Mexicans started building a compound here, and President Bush gave them some national parkland to do so, how would we react?

That is a point I have been trying to make for some time. Mexico is increasingly getting involved in our country and its government. I think they have for a long time, but they are blatant and out front about it now. They are even talking about having some influence in our elections.

Some of us are outraged at that.

Now suppose the ramp up the interference. Suppose we found some of their infiltrators were actually army people - or the equivalent to our CIA?
    Suppose we found some of those 'gangbangers' weren't really gangbangers, but people here to create chaos and to cause harm to this country and its people? That's the sort of thing we have done over there for decades.

There is no difference - except this is fairly new to America - it's been 50 years for the people in the ME.

Some people are very blaze about our fighting the war in Iraq, 'because America needs the oil' as if our desire for oil overrides the life, liberty and rights of the Iraqis.

But then the same ones balk at the illegals. The illegals are saying the same thing. We need to come to your country to work to make our lives better - so we can have a higher standard of living. You have a great country - we want some of it - and we're taking it, and you will support us as we do.

There is no difference. They are draining our financial resources and destroying our culture while they are at it. We are draining Iraq's natural resources and destroying their culture, lives and country while we are at it.

All because each think they have a right to what others own.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I supported the war for a long time. When I heard the Rudy / Paul exchange during the May debate, I thought that was the end of Paul's campaign. But I got on the internet, and researched what he was saying. I read the books he sent to Rudy.

Ron Paul is the only person who's story checks out 100%. And he has been warning us that this was going to happen since the '80's. They laughed then, too. But he was right. That's the kicker. I guess I shouldn't expect much support from the status quo, though.

If we need oil, we can buy oil. If and when oil gets too expensive (and / or socially unpopular), alternative fuels will develop in the market. That's how the market works. Thinking that the government needs to be involved in that development is crazy - it will only lead to messy entanglements like we have now.

And for the record, occupying another country in a quest for natural resources violates the Geneva Convention. That's probably why the weapons threats are so popular.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Some people are very blaze about Did I spell that right? Getting tired here.

I'm not trying to pretend I am smarter, but I never believed the war story.

Truly, I am not a fan of George Bush - I or II - since I'm from Texas, but in the two elections, I hoped he was the lesser of two evils and was willing to give him a chance.

When he announced either right after election or inauguration, that giving amnesty to illegals was one of the things he hoped to do very soon, I became disenchanted with him.

When the talk of a western hemisphere union, 'an area with no borders and people and commerce moving freely within' (per his father) - I became truly concerned.

Then when he did not close the borders, tell everyone here who shouldn't be here to leave and order immigration to make it happen on 9/12 - I knew he was not serious about protecting America.

After the order to ground all flights, that should have been the next order.

When someone comes into your home and harms your family, you make sure there are none of their freinds left in your house, and you lock and bolt your doors and windows. You don't run across town and attack someone with no connection to the situation - and leave your family vulnerable.

Actually, going after Bin Laden was OK with me - until it became clear Bin Laden wasn't the target in Afghanistan. Putting an oil company consultant on the throne was.

After that, everything else he said was totally unbelievable - everything.

It's hard though when you see all the flag waving and your neighbors have children going to war and you don't want to say things to hurt them, so your keep your mouth shut. My very sweet neighbors had 2 children and an child in law there at the same time.

It's hard when you are a WWII baby and cut your teeth on supporting your country and the war effort to find yourself in the minorty -a rather small minority at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC
    I supported the war for a long time. When I heard the Rudy / Paul exchange during the May debate, I thought that was the end of Paul's campaign. But I got on the internet, and researched what he was saying. I read the books he sent to Rudy.

Ron Paul is the only person who's story checks out 100%. And he has been warning us that this was going to happen since the '80's. They laughed then, too. But he was right. That's the kicker. I guess I shouldn't expect much support from the status quo, though.

If we need oil, we can buy oil. If and when oil gets too expensive (and / or socially unpopular), alternative fuels will develop in the market. That's how the market works. Thinking that the government needs to be involved in that development is crazy - it will only lead to messy entanglements like we have now.

And for the record, occupying another country in a quest for natural resources violates the Geneva Convention. That's probably why the weapons threats are so popular.
    We now live in a very different world. Ron Paul's international policies will NOT work today!! Terrorists are only a plane ride away!! They do not want any other religion/government to exist except for Muslim/Sharia Law!!! They have made this clear, and they have made it clear that they will use violence to achieve their goals!!

Also, as was pointed out to me in my political science class years ago----if the US does not get involved/interfere-----Russia, China, etc. will!!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Also, as was pointed out to me in my political science class years ago----if the US does not get involved/interfere-----Russia, China, etc. will!!!!

So, we borrow money from China - giving them goodness knows what to back up that debt - certainly not our not so great dollar. We borrow that money to take over Iraq to keep China from getting it?

Then we continue to make sweet trade deals with them and allow them to export cheap, shoddy merchandise that robs Americans of their monies. It doesn't give them more - it gives them less. They have to continue replacing and replacing that cheap junk year after year.

Now we are even going to share our weapons technology with them.

So now we have given our jobs to China, our money to China for their junk, owe China trillions to pay for our war (to keep them from getting Iraq)- they will have our weapons technology.

Thanks to us they have the factories to build weapons, the money to equip and train a huge army - billions of people - and we are a sick, depleted, third world country.

Sounds like we are winning - or does it?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

So, we borrow money from China - giving them goodness knows what to back up that debt - certainly not our not so great dollar. We borrow that money to take over Iraq to keep China from getting it?

Then we continue to make sweet trade deals with them and allow them to export cheap, shoddy merchandise that robs Americans of their monies. It doesn't give them more - it gives them less. They have to continue replacing and replacing that cheap junk year after year.

So now we have given our jobs to China, our money to China for their junk, owe China trillions to pay for our war (to keep them from getting Iraq)- they will have our weapons technology.

Thanks to us they have the factories to build weapons, the money to equip and train a huge army - billions of people - and we are a sick, depleted, third world country.

Before we bought stuff from China , we bought stuff from Japan

There is nothing wrong with buying from other countries

the problem is we buy WAY to much from other countries now
    We have sent all our manufacturing jobs overseas and brought in
    cheap foreign illegals to do the other jobs

Not much left for American workers

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

This has nothing to do with the point that I just made!!! If we do not get involved/interfere----when our security and best interests may be at risk----other countries will get involved. This then puts us at even more risk/danger.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Banned
    Now here is the other side of the story

With all the BS on the garbage and dangerous toys coming
    from China ,
    I would say that anybody that wants to start a small
    company making and advertising MADE IN AMERICA toys

They might make a few bucks

Now apply this to other things as well ,

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast