Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I don't believe at all that this proves Ron Paul is not a good candidate. He wants to stop encouraging them to come here. He wants to stop social services, education and birthright citizenship. We are giving them incentives now to come here! Do you really think they would be flocking into our country if they couldn't get all the freebies and enroll their kids in our schools?! It's a different approach that actually makes more sense than the SAVE act. Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping the SAVE act passes because it's a start but in the long run we need to do what RP is advocating.

He was/is our best chance to save this country. I'm surprised you all take take this one piece of legislation and use it to discount him. Think about everything else he wants to do. Overall, he is what this country NEEDS right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    I don't believe at all that this proves Ron Paul is not a good candidate. He wants to stop encouraging them to come here. He wants to stop social services, education and birthright citizenship. We are giving them incentives now to come here! Do you really think they would be flocking into our country if they couldn't get all the freebies and enroll their kids in our schools?! It's a different approach that actually makes more sense than the SAVE act. Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping the SAVE act passes because it's a start but in the long run we need to do what RP is advocating.

He was/is our best chance to save this country. I'm surprised you all take take this one piece of legislation and use it to discount him. Think about everything else he wants to do. Overall, he is what this country NEEDS right now.
    Yes, this does PROVE that Paul is not a good candidate regarding illegals---even Hillary believes that employers should be held accountable for hiring illegals.

Yes, they would still come if they are able to get jobs!! Arizona proved this in 2004. They passed props to take away all welfare, WIC, foodstamps, etc. from illegals-----and guess what, they kept coming and they did not leave!!!! It was not until Arizona passed the legislation which stopped illegals from getting jobs, before the illegals began to leave the state.

Sorry, he is NOT the answer to the problems that our country is facing and he is NOT the person that this country needs!!

I sent an email to Numbersusa, so that they could note that Ron Paul did not sign for the SAVE ACT.

Dolly3275, you remind me of someone who went by the name of BREN! Same bashing of Ron Paul as usual. You cannot disguise yourself! Go vote for the canidate's you have remaining and you will get what you deserve! I know who I stand behind. Like I said before, you people were NEVER going to vote for Ron Paul, so quit acting like your even looking into him. I suspect maybe some people are for the war and disagree with Ron Paul's stance of his foreign policy!

Holding our fellow citizens accountable for breaking the law is also a very large part of the overall problem. Until there is meaningful enforcement directed at illegal employers, the problem will not be solved.

Or, stated another way, if someone else can break a law to 'get ahead', 'pursue the American Dream', or to make a business more 'profitable', then why can't I or anybody else? Which laws are 'ok' to break? Under which circumstances?

Allowing illegal employers to continue, suddenly makes those previous questions not only conceivable, but rational too. Of course, the argument is basically nonsensical.

Illegal employers should be investigated, identified and prosecuted to the fullest extent - this is one of the reasons the SAVE act is gaining support from significant numbers of Reps from both sides.

It would be great if Mr. Paul would sign the petition. That is what is needed now in the, albeit imperfect and currently messed up state of affairs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul

If Ron Paul has not had time to read the bill...he won't endorse it and he will vote against it. Ron Paul actually reads the entire bill. If that bill has any riders on it, Ron Paul won't sign it. Some of you need prozac for your Ron Paul hate. Where IS your boy Lou Dobbs? You deserve Obama, Mccain or Hillary Clinton.

Honestly, there are many things I do like about Paul, some things he says I disagree with. To his credibility he has always stayed the course and has been consistent, a very rare trait amoungst politicians. However, I feel that key elements of his platform are not adequate for the illegal immigration movement.

Paul is running as a Republican, but you can hold nearly all of his decisions against the Libertarian Party platform (a party he once ran under) and find a template for his decisions. I provided that link because it is the ONLY party outside of the far left democrats that do not want to punish employers of illegals. Paul also supports unfettered, unregulated free international trade. This sounds great, but it cannot be implemented without manpower, which would come from illegal/international sources. Free trade that exits outside our sovereign boundries cannot be expected to function via self regulation. This theory has been tried and what we have found is that companies will ignore the law in favor of profits, profits gained by forcing the Federal government to subsidize their labor, we pick up the costs ( currently at $27000+ per individual illegal per 6 months IF they are working constinously at ONE job). What Paul is in effect saying is that there should be no way to punish the employer. Which will further encourage illegals, they will, in his deifnition simply have to be self sufficient be but be allowed to work.

Paul's philosophical approach stems from a Libertatrian ideal that it is authoritarian for the government to force limitations on individuals if they are not harming others. Where this philosophy falls short is that it does not take into consideration the obligation that the federal government has to protect (a paramount contractual obligation in the constitution) individuals and their property. Which they are not doing in regards to illegal immigration. By default Paul chose to protect the rights of businesses to not be held accountable for the criminal practices of individuals behaving deceptively (with false documents or illegal status) and further stating that it is the Federal Governements fault for illegal immigration in the first place, that businesses shouldn't be punished for the federal governments mistakes. That is his stance.

Pauls decision ignores the fact that we have already determined that the federal government is not functioning properly and has chosen a criminal and dictatorial path with no regards to its people or constitution. These legislations will take away some of the power centers fueling the illegal alien onslaught. It is a miserable time when we must incentivise the law! Businesses cannot be above the law.

As for political benefit, this legislation is forming a bi-partisan movement against illegal immigration. That has longer lasting effects. In the end it all comes down to enforcment, the federal government has allowed the problem to increase because it has ACTIVELY chosen not to enforce the law.

Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    Dolly3275, you remind me of someone who went by the name of BREN! Same bashing of Ron Paul as usual. You cannot disguise yourself! Go vote for the canidate's you have remaining and you will get what you deserve! I know who I stand behind. Like I said before, you people were NEVER going to vote for Ron Paul, so quit acting like your even looking into him. I suspect maybe some people are for the war and disagree with Ron Paul's stance of his foreign policy!
    Sorry, I am not Bren, and I don't need to listen to someone else's opinions regarding Ron Paul. I have found/read enough information on my own. It might come as a surprise to you, but there are NUMEROUS people from throughout the country on many forums/sites who agree with everything tht is being said here about Ron Paul. Even Hillary agrees that employers should be held accountable, and that illegals should not be able to get jobs.

I would never support Ron Paul. Also in regard to his foreign policy, his ideas would have only worked 200 years ago.

Re: Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jazzloversinc
    If Ron Paul has not had time to read the bill...he won't endorse it and he will vote against it. Ron Paul actually reads the entire bill. If that bill has any riders on it, Ron Paul won't sign it. Some of you need prozac for your Ron Paul hate. Where IS your boy Lou Dobbs? You deserve Obama, Mccain or Hillary Clinton.
    The bill has been available for months (at LEAST 4 months), so he had plenty of time to read it. Tom Tancredo, Brian Bilbray, Duncan Hunter, Russell Pearce, etc.-----all found the time to read it and sign it. Ron Paul would be just as bad as Hillary, as at least Hillary acknowledges that there needs to be employee verification and that employers should be held accountable.

DITTO PHREDE AND CHOSEN. WELL SAID!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast