Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Civil War initiated by the Federal government used slavery as an excuse to override State Legislation. The issue was really State rights verses Federal "control"!
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

So secession is okay, but illegal immigration is not? If Paul really said some of the things I'm reading, he's too "out there" for me.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    So secession is okay, but illegal immigration is not? If Paul really said some of the things I'm reading, he's too "out there" for me.
    The only reason the Southern States wanted secession is because the Federal government wanted to override State legislation and not even all of the Northern States agreed with the Fed until they went to war (then some just wanted to keep the states together under the fallacy of "Union"). Even after the war was intiated, keep in mind the South won the first battle and could have easily taken Wash. DC, a lot of people in the North disagreed to the point they had a draft to obtain enough manpower. Bottom line what was wrong was the federal government overriding State legislation that is why the South became the "Con"federates!
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*

Quote Originally Posted by sturmruger
    . . . (then some just wanted to keep the states together under the fallacy of "Union").
    "Fallacy of Union?" I'm not sure I know what you mean by this.

So you're saying that states should be free to secede from the union?

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but how is a nation like ours to exist at all for long if any state can secede at any time because they don't agree with the Federal government?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Pinestraw, I like Ron Paul and share a lot of your views. But what about his immigration plan?

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Quote Originally Posted by sturmruger
    . . . (then some just wanted to keep the states together under the fallacy of "Union").
    "Fallacy of Union?" I'm not sure I know what you mean by this.

So you're saying that states should be free to secede from the union?

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but how is a nation like ours to exist at all for long if any state can secede at any time because they don't agree with the Federal government?
    The States in the South interpreted Thomas Jefferson's influences to our Constitution, regarding States rights over (John Adams) federal government, to be able to secede if the fed became to overbearing. The fallacy is the war was about federal government overriding State legislation not the South seceding from the 'Union" as per the Constitution. A lot of people in the North were not fooled and that is why we had riots in NY and elsewhere opposing the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by slyhunter
    1. I heard on the radio yesterday that Ron paul stated he would've been against fighting the civil war. The southern states had a right to succeed if they wanted to and we shouldn't of used force to stop them.
    That may have been what the reporter said or it may have been what the reporter said and wanted you to believe BUT it is NOT what Ron Paul said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbOE4Ip7In0

MR. RUSSERT: I was intrigued by your comments about Abe Lincoln. "According to Paul, Abe Lincoln should never have gone to war; there were better ways of getting rid of slavery."

REP. PAUL: Absolutely. Six hundred thousand Americans died in a senseless civil war. No, he shouldn't have gone, gone to war. He did this just to enhance and get rid of the original intent of the republic. I mean, it was the--that iron, iron fist..

MR. RUSSERT: We'd still have slavery.

REP. PAUL: Oh, come on, Tim. Slavery was phased out in every other country of the world. And the way I'm advising that it should have been done is do like the British empire did. You, you buy the slaves and release them. How much would that cost compared to killing 600,000 Americans and where it lingered for 100 years? I mean, the hatred and all that existed. So every other major country in the world got rid of slavery without a civil war. I mean, that doesn't sound too radical to me. That sounds like a pretty reasonable approach

Seems if he doesn't win the nomination, which he won't
    That is your opinion.

he'll destroy the Republican party
    You vote for who you want to but this is complete BS. The Republican party is plenty good at destroying itself. Nevertheless if Ron Paul pulls enough votes to "destroy" the Republican party then those who vote for Ron Paul are trying to tell the GOP something but the GOP is not listening. Hard to destroy what is unified. The GOP has become the big business, big government, globalistic, Authoritarian, OBL, culture destroying party. I can see why many in the rank-n-file no longer support it. The GOP showed itself real well during the summer and all the "comprehensive" immigration crap. Why is it that RP is destroying the GOP and not the neocons?
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonteaparty
    when ron paul gets endorsement from kkk members it does not make him look good.
    i am not sure about him at this point.
    Huh?

So certain kkk members donated to Ron Paul. What does this mean?

Tell me about all the donors to any of the other canidates? Who do members of LaRaza donate to? How about CAIR? How about NAACP? How about The Hispanic Caucus? Or The Black Caucus? How about etc etc.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    The point is it is already too late to stop Paul. He’s going to win the Republican nomination.
    The article is nothing more than publisher Larry Fester's fantasy.
    Larry Fester's and
    Larry Man / Larry Mann / Lawrence D. Mann / Lawrence Mann

Im not 100% sure yet but i have a sneaky suspicion that these writers are one in the same and if they are Boy do I have some old suff about Paul wrote way back in the 80s on the other side of the coin. that be real funny LOL ya real funny as in wrong Foul FAKE endorsment
    Im letting a friend look into it for me
    Ill let you know

Banned
    Greg,

What's your favorite Led Zeppelin song, 'RAMBLE ON'?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast