Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

what you said;
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Here's what he said, why don't you stop with the lies and slander already, you're really starting to appear quite desperate...

MR. RUSSERT: I was intrigued by your comments about Abe Lincoln. "According to Paul, Abe Lincoln should never have gone to war; there were better ways of getting rid of slavery."

REP. PAUL: Absolutely. Six hundred thousand Americans died in a senseless civil war. No, he shouldn't have gone, gone to war. He did this just to enhance and get rid of the original intent of the republic. I mean, it was the--that iron, iron fist..
    What I said;
    Quote Originally Posted by slyhunter
    1. I heard on the radio yesterday that Ron paul stated he would've been against fighting the civil war. The southern states had a right to succeed if they wanted to and we shouldn't of used force to stop them.
    I don't see the difference. You are arguing semantics. They both read the same to me.

Banned
    You made the assertion that Ron Paul said "the Southern states had a right to secede", and although that is a TRUE statement according to the US Constitution, Dr. Paul NEVER addressed it in his remarks.

That was the LIE I was referring to.

Well, I can understand and appreciate those concerned with our 'Illegal Drugs' coming into this country. Kind of like the Migrant Invaders in our country. So for those truly concerned about the hemp issues, how could anyone believe anything our government has told US for the last 150 years.

I think what Ron is getting at with the legalization of marijuana, is we have spent over $400 Billion in fighting the "War on Drugs," and like everything else our government does, only makes a bigger mess of a problem we didn't have till they became involved.

Besides, if we closed our borders, the amount of illegal drugs coming into this country would be drastically shut down. The hemp issue IS, an issue of 'Benjamin's', not only the Dupont competition that I'm sure they have spent Millions in deterring, but think how much money all agencies have MADE off the Illegal Devil Weed !

And since I still Trust God... in Genesis 1:29, God Said while creating the earth and all in it, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

The biggest thing Ron has going for me anyway, is the fact he wants to put a stop to OUR Policing the entire world. To Support the Constitution and it's laws and the laws of our land. To put a stop to the THIEVES, that are doing nothing, but stealing US blind, and ripping the back pockets off US.

To try and get our Gold and our Gold Standards back for US. To eliminate the IRS and get to a taxing system that is FAIR for all Americans. Not just the Corporate Elite and Economic Royalists, and friends of the One World Order Club. AND... FAIR TRADE AGREEMENTS. NOT FREE ONE'S !

IN OTHER WORDS... LIBERTY & JUSTICE FOR ALL !!! Like it's supposed to be, and not this cluster ... it is now. The only thing our government is SUPPOSED to be doing, is providing a Strong National Defense for our country and allies, and providing diplomatic relations to foreign countries for trade concerns. Not Policing US and the rest of the world.

We need someone like Ron Paul that is going to at least TRY, and RESTORE our government and the faith the people should have in it, and make this country the STRONG, RELIABLE, TRUSTWORTHY, Nation we once were, and could be again, if we could just get rid of the 'Corrupt' from Within !

So in response to if it's time for another Boston Tea Party ? .... Way past time my friends. And a Texas Tobacco Party sounds like another good idea! I imagine all our peaceful, civil efforts to Restore this country to it's Strong, Original condition have been in vain. It will probably take something drastic to get Washington's attention now !

With everything else all past and current representatives have pulled off and performed, it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't installed screen doors in our submarines by now !

To A Better Day America !

Your Loyal Son & Servant ~

Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death

You made the assertion that Ron Paul said "the Southern states had a right to secede", and although that is a TRUE statement according to the US Constitution, Dr. Paul NEVER addressed it in his remarks.

That was the LIE I was referring to.
    He said that fighting the civil war was wrong. You have to look at the direct conscequences and stop living in a fantasy world. If you are against fighting the civil war to force states to not succede then you are stating that they have the right to succeed. If they don't have the right then the only alternative, when they try to succeed, is to go to war with them to stop them.

Thus, what I said was true. Ron Paul, being against the war, was saying that he thought the states had the right to succeed from the union.

So how does that make me a desperate liar and you a bastion of truth.

Banned
    slyhunter,

Ask yourself WHY those states wanted to secede from the Union. Surely there was a reason, I doubt they would have tried it over some perceived or inconsequential slight. Dr. Paul's opinion was that had the North acted in a Constitutional manner towards those slave-holding states TO BEGIN WITH, there never would have been the desire on their part to secede in the first place.

Ultimately however, based on the Constitution itself, I think Dr. Paul would agree that those states DID IN FACT have that right.

Are you suggesting that they DIDN'T?

Ron Paul supporters have "fire in their bellies". This is a passionate fire for change and a desire to regain the 'high road' instead of plummeting our country (and world) into a down-ward spiral.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history. ....tyrants and murderers....always fall...always." -Mahtma Gandhi

For those who have only negative responses to Dr. Ron Paul's growing popularity, you are only short-changing yourselves. The force of positive thought, energy, and action will always manifest and outweigh the negative garbage spewed forth from those who lack the courage, love, and peace to propel positivity into the world.

If you think this sounds "crazy" or like "metaphysical nonsense": do a little research. All great and wise men (and women) obtained and utilized this knowledge during their lifetimes.

So, if you don't agree with Ron Paul, go be positive about who you do support, instead of criticizing someone you disagree with (it won't help you). If you support Ron Paul, don't let this negativity enter your thoughts, and don't buy into it by spouting it yourself (you're doubt is not needed in the campaign for Ron Paul) so evaluate where doubt leaks in (is it from the slanted media?). Turn off your TV.

Lastly, if you are so naive to buy everything the media declares, and not think for yourself, then leave the rest of us alone with your nonsense. For example, the $500 donation on a $6 million day is so small, so ridiculous to think that all donaters could be screened in order to, "a-ha" find this white supremacist who donated on December 16th. WHO CARES? It does not make Ron Paul a "racist", and why not take that guys money and use it for good, instead of returning it to him to use for his racist agendas??

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    Not to mention he will never even get close to enough of the Black vote since he made himself real clear about those issues.
    What issues I know your not refering to the Civil War even people from the North knew that war was not about slavery.
    http://www.hartford-hwp.com/HBHP/exhibit/05/index.html
    In 1863, President Lincoln authorized the formation of Black combat units to serve in the Civil War. However, Connecticut was slow to organize them, and Blacks were told, "This is not a fight for or about the Negro."...
    The Civil War resulted in the Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution which abolished slavery. However, that did not mean that Blacks in Connecticut acquired the rights of citizens. Although slavery had not existed here for many decades, Blacks had been politically marginalized by the sixth article of the State Constitution of 1818 which had explicitly limited the vote to "whites" (nevertheless, white legislators made sure Blacks were obliged to pay taxes and that a military career remained open to them).
    The noteworthy participation of Black soldiers in the Civil War might seem to imply that Blacks would not only be freed of slavery, but gain civil rights as well. Nevertheless, a referendum of Hartford's white citizens in 1866 denied the franchise to Blacks. Despite the War and despite popular sentiment against slavery, Hartford's whites were not about to share political power.
    The following year in Kentucky, the Klu Klux Klan was formed, which implies that ordinary whites in the U.S. felt so economically insecure they needed to "circle the wagons" to protect what little they had. Indeed, the Hartford riots that set white against Black during the economic troubles of the 1830s, suggest that social and economic insecurity in Hartford had deep roots. While the élite might escape social disorder and the new industrial pollution by moving to grand homes in the new "suburbs" in the Blue Hills and along Wethersfield and Farmington Avenues, the working class remained close to their jobs in the growing number of industries in the city that concentrated along railroad spurs in areas such as Capital and Homestead Avenues and Windsor Street. This geographic circumscription might have contributed to white defensiveness.
    Hartford is in the North as was Kentucky.
    The person who assinated Abraham Lincoln was from the North and there were at least 60,000 African Americans who fought with the South.
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

From a quote I read of Pres. LIncoln, said the states could secede if they had a good reason, however, this wasn't a good enough reason.

This was a power grab - nothing more.

They did the same thing under the guise of 'civil rights'. Things were changing in the South, slowly, but it was changing in the right way. This bothered the government. Suppose the people had actually worked it out on their own, the government would be facing a united people and the people would get the idea we didn't need them to fix everything.

They have used Civil Rights, War on Drugs, and War on Terror to accomplish more and more concentration of power.

So some don't like Ron Paul's foreign policy - what would those people do instead. The same insanity we have been doing?

He doesn't think the federal government should make drugs illegal - but the states should be free to do just that. For those who disagree, do we - even for a blink of an eye think the War On Drugs has done any good. It has done the opposite.

States have the right to make gambling legal or illegal and many states have in the recent past.

As for prostitution, why should it be illegal. A woman can kill her unborn baby, hire someone else to kill her unborn baby, she can have sex for free, she can carry a baby for someone else - for money, she can sell her own baby, yet she can't have money for sex? Does that make sense??
    Has the law kept prostitution down? Of course, not.

So for those who don't like Ron Paul's ideas - what should we do instead - other than the same old, same old - cause it isn't working for us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GREGAGREATAMERICAN said:

Ya what a great guy for president
    A president that stands up for Child abduction and molestation, gambling and prostitution in the same store , legal drugs, and no federal government, no more IRS, no more back ground checks for hand guns and Burn the flag if you like.
    I just wonder if wonder if he’s on the pot when he votes. Not to mention he will never even get close to enough of the Black vote since he made himself real clear about those issues he has

If Americas armned forces and money were the only issue he fail so bad it would make history. so many bad votes on those its not even funny But those are not the only issues Americans look at. now are they
    Greg,

I truly think you have now gone off the deep end, it is time for your meds.

As for the "children of the corn" remark, you know what you can do with that.

I have now lost any respect I might have had for you. We can disagree on who we think would be the best candidate and we have sat through all of your ramblings against Ron Paul. But now you have resorted to making disparaging remarks about other posters.

Shame on you.

slyhunter,

Ask yourself WHY those states wanted to secede from the Union. Surely there was a reason, I doubt they would have tried it over some perceived or inconsequential slight. Dr. Paul's opinion was that had the North acted in a Constitutional manner towards those slave-holding states TO BEGIN WITH, there never would have been the desire on their part to secede in the first place.

Ultimately however, based on the Constitution itself, I think Dr. Paul would agree that those states DID IN FACT have that right.

Are you suggesting that they DIDN'T?
    Then why did you call me a liar and say I was a typical desperate Dr. Paul detractor spouting lies when I stated he said they had the right to succeed?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast