Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slyhunter
    1. I heard on the radio yesterday that Ron paul stated he would've been against fighting the civil war. The southern states had a right to succeed if they wanted to and we shouldn't of used force to stop them.

2. Seems if he doesn't win the nomination, which he won't, he'll destroy the Republican party and help the Democrats win the next election by running as an independant.
    Quote Originally Posted by drudge Report
    Ron Paul Unleashed On MEET THE PRESS...

...Won't Rule Out Third-Party Run
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1207/7539.html

Yes he said this and when he lost his last election many many other very foolish statements.
    Funny thing that Republican party
    Its about to shut him down watch and see.

Banned
    Here's what he said, why don't you stop with the lies and slander already, you're really starting to appear quite desperate...

MR. RUSSERT: I was intrigued by your comments about Abe Lincoln. "According to Paul, Abe Lincoln should never have gone to war; there were better ways of getting rid of slavery."

REP. PAUL: Absolutely. Six hundred thousand Americans died in a senseless civil war. No, he shouldn't have gone, gone to war. He did this just to enhance and get rid of the original intent of the republic. I mean, it was the--that iron, iron fist..

MR. RUSSERT: We'd still have slavery.

REP. PAUL: Oh, come on, Tim. Slavery was phased out in every other country of the world. And the way I'm advising that it should have been done is do like the British empire did. You, you buy the slaves and release them. How much would that cost compared to killing 600,000 Americans and where it lingered for 100 years? I mean, the hatred and all that existed. So every other major country in the world got rid of slavery without a civil war. I mean, that doesn't sound too radical to me. That sounds like a pretty reasonable approach.

MW
    slyhunter wrote:

Seems if he doesn't win the nomination, which he won't, he'll destroy the Republican party and help the Democrats win the next election by running as an independant.
    I don't think that anyone could logically deny that a Third Party run by Paul would influence the presidential race in a negative way. Well, it would be "negative" if you are against amnesty and social benefits to going to illegals. I'm not adverse to a Third Party run, however, I'm intelligent enough to know (I'd like to think so anyway ) that a run by Paul, who is a Republican, would only serve to hurt our chances of getting a Republican in office. Of course if Guiliani, McCain, or Huckabee win the RNC nomination, it's not going to matter either way where amnesty for illegals is concerned. Lord, can you even begin to imagine the hit our cause would take with a Democrat controlled Congress and a Democrat President? I shudder at the thought.

If Paul can't win the RNC nomination outright, I pray he doesn't decide to run as a third party candidate. Such a run would most definitely siphon off votes from the Republican running. Like I said though, it won't matter if the Republican running is Guiliani, Huckabee, or McCain. Let me go on record stating here and now, the only way I would ever consider supporting a third party run by Paul is if Guiliani, Huckabee, or McCain win the RNC nomination.

This isn't about Paul, because a run by Bloomberg or Lou Dobbs would do the same thing. I know we all love Lou, however, to underestimate the power of the two-party system we unfortunately have would be akin to stabbing our cause in the heart. I don't like the current system anymore than the rest of you, but unfortunately it is what it is for now.

Personally, I don't think Paul is going to run as a Third Party candidate because he is well aware of how the deck is stacked against such a run.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    There are many issue that the Ron Paul children of the corn never seem to be worried about and those are the issues I am as a voter have on my mind.

06/22/2005 Flag Desecration Resolution

H J Res 10: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States authorizing the Congress to prohibit the physical desecration of the flag of the United States.
    Paul voted na

06/03/2003 Desecration of Flag resolution

HJ Res 4: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States authorizing the Congress to prohibit the physical desecration of the flag of the United States.

Paul voted na

07/17/2001 Flag Desecration resolution N

H J Res 36: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States authorizing the Congress to prohibit the physical desecration of the flag of the United States.

Paul voted na

06/24/1999 Flag Desecration Amendment N
    06/12/1997 Flag Desecration Constitutional Amendment N and so one and so on

H AMDT 887 to HR4300: An amendment to specify that the Secretary of Defense shall assist in keeping illegal drugs out of the U.S. by assigning members of the Armed Forces to assist the Immigration and Naturalization Service and the Customs Service.

Paul voted No

H.AMDT.216: Amendment sought to require individuals who wish to purchase firearms at a gun show to submit to a background check before they are able to complete their purchase; and require a three business day period for completion of the background check.
    Paul voted it no

Now the real good one is the amber alert Bill Number: S 151 - 108th Congress (2003-2004)
    Paul voted no

Ya what a great guy for president
    A president that stands up for Child abduction and molestation, gambling and prostitution in the same store , legal drugs, and no federal government, no more IRS, no more back ground checks for hand guns and Burn the flag if you like.
    I just wonder if wonder if he’s on the pot when he votes. Not to mention he will never even get close to enough of the Black vote since he made himself real clear about those issues he has

If Americas armned forces and money were the only issue he fail so bad it would make history. so many bad votes on those its not even funny But those are not the only issues Americans look at. now are they

The Florida Democrat has launched a Web site – www.wexlerwantshearings.com– and is gathering signatures calling for impeachment hearings against Vice President Dick Cheney.

http://www.sacbee.com/111/story/591422.html

If they aren't wasting our money on outrageous salary's and pensions, they are wasting it on never ending impeachment hearings and investigations that do nothing but squander our tax dollars and let them pretend they are accomplising something. Enough of this BS. I now believe that Ron Paul is the only hope from getting away from business as usual; a total upheaval of our system is what is required. His plan would force politicians to be accountable to their States and localities. We the people, would have more power to decide where and how our money will be spent.
    If Ron Paul is not able to stay the course, my next hope for change will be Fred Thompson.
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

MW
    Martha wrote:

The Florida Democrat has launched a Web site – www.wexlerwantshearings.com– and is gathering signatures calling for impeachment hearings against Vice President Dick Cheney.

http://www.sacbee.com/111/story/591422.html

If they aren't wasting our money on outrageous salary's and pensions, they are wasting it on never ending impeachment hearings and investigations that do nothing but squander our tax dollars and let them pretend they are accomplising something. Enough of this BS. I now believe that Ron Paul is the only hope from getting away from business as usual; a total upheaval of our system is what is required. His plan would force politicians to be accountable to their States and localities. We the people, would have more power to decide where and how our money will be spent.
    If Ron Paul is not able to stay the course, my next hope for change will be Fred Thompson.
    Am I experiencing dejuvue or did I see and comment on this exact same posting in another thread just minutes ago?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

When I read something that upsets me and is a blatant example of the ineptness of our representatives, I think it's worth sharing. I'm sorry you don't share that viewpoint.
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

There are many issue that the Ron Paul children of the corn never seem to be worried about and those are the issues I am as a voter have on my mind.
    Greg do me a favor and treat everyone on this board with the same respect that you yourself expect, your cutesy name calling is not that way.

Ya what a great guy for president
    A president that stands up for Child abduction and molestation, gambling and prostitution in the same store , legal drugs, and no federal government, no more IRS, no more back ground checks for hand guns and Burn the flag if you like.
    I just wonder if wonder if he’s on the pot when he votes. Not to mention he will never even get close to enough of the Black vote since he made himself real clear about those issues he has
    Nice twist, I'm sure that Dr Paul abducts a child every night.
    Gambling is already allowed in almost every state of this country, prostitution in one.
    Alcohol is a drug and is legal and far more damaging to health and family than the "pot" that you speak of.
    He has never spoken of NO federal government only reducing its size and scope.
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    Funny thing that Republican party
    Its about to shut him down watch and see.
    Shows how you think and what you really understand about what is going on here. This is about the people. Not The Republican party and not really even about RP. You suggest authoritatively the GOP is about to "shut him down". Hmmm like I said you haven't a clue. The GOP may put one of the chosen ones in but it will NEVER "shut us down".
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    Not to mention he will never even get close to enough of the Black vote
    The black vote? What does this mean? How does one get the "black vote"?
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee