Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Roseanne says she 'begged' ABC, 'like 40 motherf-----s,' to let her 'make amends' bef

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Boomslang brings up an image from long before you were born, and insists you must have seen it. Then when that fails, he brings up an image from a cartoon in Mexico, another country, as if that would influence you, again probably before you were born. What have either of those to do with what was in Roseanne's mind when she Tweeted what she did?
    Boomslang didn't bring up the cartoon in Mexico. I did.

Boomslang couldn't believe that I'd never heard of this belief in America that black people are like apes and monkeys. I've only heard of this once and it was about 10 years ago, and it wasn't in America, it was in Mexico, this cartoon character, a little black boy, called Memin Pinguin, I discovered it doing research on illegal immigration from Mexico. What I had uncovered in my research was more than enough evidence for me anyway to conclude that there were still enough employers in the US who were racist enough that they would prefer an uneducated non-English speaking Caucasian illegal alien from Mexico than an educated, experienced English speaking black American worker from Detroit.

I don't understand your attacks on Boomslang. I think most Americans know that Roseanne isn't racist, that Valerie Jarrett is as much white as she is black, and looks white, that the comment was in poor taste and unclear, was a mistake, but not one that should have cost Roseanne or her viewers her show. The real problem was ABC exploiting it to try to discredit her in order to discredit Trump and humiliate black Americans to do it with ABC's big world wide "ape=black" publicity tour of the cancellation to remind those who had forgotten and inform those who never knew about these sick "associations".

There is an ole saying about if you don't learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it, so I think Boomslang is just following that. I don't believe that ole saying is true all the time in all cases, I think humans throughout our evolution have done terrible things to each other and we have the word "unspeakable" in our language for a reason.
    Last edited by Judy; 06-06-2018 at 08:49 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Boomslang didn't bring up the cartoon in Mexico. I did.
    I must wonder why you, who said she was never exposed to this growing up, would latch on to a cartoon from Mexico?

Boomslang couldn't believe that I'd never heard of this belief in America that black people are like apes and monkeys.
    I don't know where he grew up. He talks of being ridiculed himself for being tall and skinny. Children seem to have always ridiculed other kids for their different looks whether it be "four eyes","fatty", "geek" and many references to ethnic linage, and, yes, race! Our own Forefathers wrote the Constitution assessing Blacks as only 3/5 of a person. Did that come from them? Or was it a carry over from their European ancestry? In Europe, Hitler considered his own race to be the "master race". Every other race was inferior. Such Europeans going to Africa, saw Blacks as inferior. Their looks were vastly different, so they equated them to animals. So for them, it was normal to refer to Blacks as an animal.

Roseanne must have seen such reference and it came out in a weak moment because of her dislike for Valerie Jarrett. And many people look for an offensive term to aggravate someone they are mad at.

As an aside, a little humor. A religious man was offended by a person. But using profanity was against his nature. So he told the person "When you go home, may your mother come out from under your porch and bite you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    I don't understand your attacks on Boomslang. I think most Americans know that Roseanne isn't racist, that Valerie Jarrett is as much white as she is black, and looks white, that the comment was in poor taste and unclear, was a mistake, but not one that should have cost Roseanne or her viewers her show.
    Boomslang has been posting race oriented video links since he began here. He is trying to be Black. And to that end he claims to be offended by anything racist against Blacks. But just like in this instance, he draws in anything he can condemn, as if Roseanne was raise on ancient drawings of Africans as monkeys, and with your help, Mexican cartoons with Blacks as monkeys. Do you think either of those influenced Roseanne?

The real problem was ABC exploiting it to try to discredit her in order to discredit Trump and humiliate black Americans to do it with ABC's big world wide "ape=black" publicity tour of the cancellation to remind those who had forgotten and inform those who never knew about these sick "associations".
    I don't know about all of that. Channing Dungey is Black. Whether she made the decision to cancel Roseanne alone, I don't know. But I can see her taking personal revenge because she had the power. Clearly the networks demostrated its own bias since others like Joy Behar had said equally offensive things ON THE AIR! But that has not been the focus of Boomslang's comments!

If you had read the posts, you would know why I mentioned the cartoon character. in Mexico. You're like the guy who shows up for a turn-around job 3 weeks late without his tool box.
    Last edited by Judy; 06-07-2018 at 06:01 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

f you had read the posts, you would know why I mentioned the cartoon character. in Mexico.
    Did that Mexican cartoon influence you while you were growing up? How many Americans were influenced by the Mexican cartoon. Did that Mexican cartoon influence Roseanne?

It is an interesting piece of information. But you brought it up because Boomslang brought up an ancient image from the creator of Dr. Seuss which also had no effect on you, nor Roseanne.

You're like the guy who shows up for a turn-around job 3 weeks late without his tool box.
    How did you find out about that?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567