Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Roseanne says she 'begged' ABC, 'like 40 motherf-----s,' to let her 'make amends' bef

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No, that is wrong. I asked Boomslang if he was familiar with a Mexican cartoon character called Memin Pinguin and he replied that he was and mentioned that Professor Gates had done some research on this in Mexico which is what brought Professor Gates into the thread.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    No, that is wrong. I asked Boomslang if he was familiar with a Mexican cartoon character called Memin Pinguin and he replied that he was and mentioned that Professor Gates had done some research on this in Mexico which is what brought Professor Gates into the thread.
    So you're the guilt party who took this thread in another direction!

If you'd read the posts before you commented, you would have known that. It's my thread, I can take it anywhere I want it to go.
    Last edited by Judy; 06-04-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Boomslang brought him up because of his work in Mexico and the character Memin Pinguin.
    Boomslang wrote
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomslang View Post
    Dr. Gates wasn't an important point in my overall arguement.
    You are defending what he said wasn't important!

What are you talking about? There's nothing important about fake associations, like "ape = black". They should be dismissed, ignored, disregarded, not blown up into big world wide publicity tours over show cancellations by ABC about something that has no merit or truth in it to begin with.

FIGHT BACK ROSEANNE!!!

What are you talking about?
    Your new strategy, ignorance?

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    There's nothing important about fake associations, like "ape = black".
    And the stuff Boomslang brought in to this discussion is 40 to 80 years old. You, yourself noted that it came before the Civil Rights Act. So are we to be locked forever in what was?

They should be dismissed, ignored, disregarded, not blown up into big world wide publicity tours over show cancellations by ABC about something that has no merit or truth in it to begin with.
    Yet people like Spike Lee and Boomslang will keep digging them out of the vaults to insert them where they don't belong. And you will praise them for it!

Roseanne apparently likes to talk like that. But it was in her private time. There are many closet bigots still around. Making a law against prejudice doesn't make it go away over night. It just goes into hiding until in weak moments it gets out.

Are you attacking me because I want ABC to keep the Roseanne show?

Are you attacking me because I want ABC to keep the Roseanne show?
    No! I want them, or somebody to keep Roseanne on the air.

I'm attacking you for supporting Boomslang's, race baiting posts.

I don't support race-baiting posts. I didn't "praise" Spike Lee either. If you had read the posts and followed the conversation, you would have known that. I support everyone including Boomslang who in their own way is trying to do away with racism. I may not always agree with how they choose to do it, but that doesn't mean I don't support them in their goal. This country has come too far and been through too much for any of us to still have to deal with this in our society. It should have never existed here to begin with, but it did, and by now it should be GONE, but it isn't. So it not only is an issue good people are trying to fix, it's also an issue that is exploited by bad people for money, politics and publicity, and ABC exploited the issue for all three.

The bad guy here is ABC, not Boomslang and not me.
    Last edited by Judy; 06-06-2018 at 06:38 PM.

I don't support race-baiting posts. I didn't "praise" Spike Lee either. If you had read the posts and followed the conversation, you would have known that. I support everyone including Boomslang who in their own way is trying to do away with racism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomslang View Post
    So, just like that, you can't even bring yourself to the reality, that's clearer than fish piss, that , historically black Americans were called monkey/apes.
    No Boomslang, we didn't watch anything like that!! I don't think anything like that was on our television stations, if they were our parents made sure we never saw it.
    Boomslang brings up an image from long before you were born, and insists you must have seen it. Then when that fails, he brings up an image from a cartoon in Mexico, another country, as if that would influence you, again probably before you were born. What have either of those to do with what was in Roseanne's mind when she Tweeted what she did?

This country has come too far and been through too much for any of us to still have to deal with this in our society.
    That's my point. We can't deal with what happened in the last century.

It should have never existed here to begin with, but it did, and by now it should be GONE, but it isn't.
    Slavery predated this country. So it was imported with the Europeans. It is born of a superiority complex which has always been part of human history. This country has done much to change that, but prejudice is inherent in all of us.

it's also an issue that is exploited by bad people for money, politics and publicity
    Like jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, and even Boomslayer!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast