Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: SCREEN NAMES?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cliffdid is a nickname my sister calls me. I believe when her son was very small whenever he was scolded for doing something wrong he'd say Cliffdid!!! Meaning Uncle Cliff did it.......

HAA HAA ! Now I got two pictures here. I just found an "after" picture of me that was posted on Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:24 pm.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... pic&t=8023

In reading the reasons how screen names are chosen, I find a lot of interesting people are behind them.

My screen name comes from the fact that I always like to have a little fun in whatever I'm doing and I knew that the name ChromeDome would immediately make most people think that I was a balding old man posting here.(not that there's anything wrong with that).

Actually I'm not bald and the name comes from my Parris Island days during the Vietnam War and the helmet liners we always wore when training there.When a recruit would mess up, the Drill Instructor,(we never called them D.I.'s unless we wanted our heads busted),would shout "get with the program ChromeDome"!

Parris Island was,and is,a life changing experience for all who go there and I knew others on this forum would understand the meaning of the name.Some things you just never forget!

When a recruit would mess up, the Drill Instructor,(we never called them D.I.'s unless we wanted our heads busted),would shout "get with the program ChromeDome"!

Parris Island was,and is,a life changing experience for all who go there and I knew others on this forum would understand the meaning of the name.Some things you just never forget!
    Interesting Chrome Dome!! And before I forget....thank you for serving our country. You are proud of the Marines and so are the American people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Another great picture Skip. Noticed that the bow tie is gone, but I like the hat.

Thanks, Skip.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Skip,
    You are one fine looking American!!

I've chosen Cassie because it's the name my friends and family call me.
    My real name is Cassandra as on my DL & passport, but Cassie is more common and it's easier to use. Or just Cass
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

I see there are many new one on the site and I am curious on how they chose their screen names. Especially "firecracker"

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast