Page 158 of 177 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1762

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Motivator:

“It’s not easy,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ah, ok - now we can see basically some of the strategy and details of what's going on.

Durbin seems to have introduced the DA, too see how much support he can get to take it up to the 'next level' (assuming no previous agreements have been worked out to control all this...) - to see *if* there is enough interest to even schedule the vote on it. When they schedule a vote, then I believe it is customary (required?) to then allow debate time. To allow debate time, they leaders have to work out when and how much time to provide and to which side... it's all a hunch, but that might explain some things too. In introducing the DA, Durbin will have followed through on his previous 'commitments' to the special interest panderers to bring up the issue on the floor. He might well know, that it won't pass - if voted on. But, that is not a gamble I'm willing to sit back and watch - time to call!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by working4change
    GOGO....I'm confused... you said Smith said it won't go for a vote meaning? No vote on the floor?
    Yes, in fact it was just confirmed by Senator Tim Johnson's office that the Dream Act isn't even scheduled to be voted on so it may never come up for a vote at all.
    Don't trust them keep calling. I have sent the information to our local Republican Headquarters about the nonsense from DreamAct portal, they were very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Ah, ok - now we can see basically some of the strategy and details of what's going on.

Durbin seems to have introduced the DA, too see how much support he can get to take it up to the 'next level' (assuming no previous agreements have been worked out to control all this...) - to see *if* there is enough interest to even schedule the vote on it. When they schedule a vote, then I believe it is customary (required?) to then allow debate time. To allow debate time, they leaders have to work out when and how much time to provide and to which side... it's all a hunch, but that might explain some things too. In introducing the DA, Durbin will have followed through on his previous 'commitments' to the special interest panderers to bring up the issue on the floor. He might well know, that it won't pass - if voted on. But, that is not a gamble I'm willing to sit back and watch - time to call!
    I agree!

So the key event we need to watch for, is if the DA gets scheduled for a vote.

You guys keep your eyes open for that in case I get called away and can't maintain the thread all day, ok? Be sure to post something back somewhere, and let everyone know if that should happen...

April
    Quote Originally Posted by PhredE

I agree no gambling on the safety of our country! A BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU THAT ARE CALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE KEEP IT UP FULL FORCE!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Ok ...I am back to calling but I just sent this one to McCaskills aide in the state,,,,lilbawler2001

[quote:37q67520]

quaker wrote:
    Keep it up guys!

Remember to include a zip regardless of them asking for one. Or say something to make it sound as if you are a constituent (i.e. When I voted senator _________ into office <insert rest of message>) because they are keeping separate tallies for in-state vs. out of state peeps. If you do not say anything they assume you are out of state.
    Remember the other side is doing this without giving it a second thought... we ALL have to start doing it too.[/u]

Please dont do this, you dont have to say you are a registered voter just tell them you are calling to support the dream act etc.

[/quote:37q67520]

Is your blood Boiling yet???????????
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

PS I had a lovely conversation with McCaskill aide...and we both visited the web site together....I call that a working lunch
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

April
    Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    Ok ...I am back to calling but I just sent this one to McCaskills aide in the state,,,,lilbawler2001

[quote:1oxenaf4]

quaker wrote:
    Keep it up guys!

Remember to include a zip regardless of them asking for one. Or say something to make it sound as if you are a constituent (i.e. When I voted senator _________ into office <insert rest of message>) because they are keeping separate tallies for in-state vs. out of state peeps. If you do not say anything they assume you are out of state.
    Remember the other side is doing this without giving it a second thought... we ALL have to start doing it too.[/u]

Please dont do this, you dont have to say you are a registered voter just tell them you are calling to support the dream act etc.

Is your blood Boiling yet???????????[/quote:1oxenaf4]

Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    PS I had a lovely conversation with McCaskill aide...and we both visited the web site together....I call that a working lunch
    Are you saying you actually got a McCaskill aide to vist the DA site to see how they are lying? Wow great work Redbagger.