Page 188 of 574 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 5732
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Barack Obama's citizenship questioned

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by HighlanderJuan
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Freedom, the one thing that is incomprehensible and frightening at the same time is how Obama and the Dems. continue full steam ahead with their radical agenda DESPITE the plummeting poll numbers and DESPITE the obvious constitutional violations of their actions and plans. Are they Kamikazee's?? In normal circumstances, a first term POTUS and his congressional allies want just one thing...a second term. So, why are they committing what amounts to political suicide? Have they decided that they are above the law and can't be touched or voted out of office? MOD EDIT The whole thing is mind boggling.
    Let's suppose for a minute that you have complete control of 1) the government - including the congress, the courts, and the military, 2) the financial community, and 3) industry. Now let's suppose that you intend to rule with an iron fist over the people - just like a communist regime.

Are you going to be concerned with poll numbers or with declining popularity? Did Castro? Does Putin?

You get the idea.

The only difference between there and here is 1) our freedom of speech, 2) our belief in God, 3) our armed society, 4) our belligerent attitude, 5) our freedom of movement, and 6) maybe (QED) our determination to remain free of oppression.

Let's see what happens in the coming months. If Obama and congress balk, then we know we have a chance at recovery (short of rebellion). If they don't balk, then we will be faced with more serious solutions to our nation's takeover by the communists.

But, as one wise park ranger told me recently - The American Revolution isn't over.
    Highlander, I agree, we are in a new phase of the American Revolution. Perhaps, philosophically speaking, the Revolution will NEVER be over. Maybe our founding fathers knew this. I think you omitted an important point from your message above 7) Our unwavering belief that the law of the land, our Constitution, will NOT be ignored. With this I see an ominous sign...our elected officials continue to ignore the overwhelming mood of the masses and the weight of the obvious constitutional violations pressing down on their every decision. Yet, as we all see, no SCOTUS, no court, has taken them to task on this. Why?? It's certainly not out of ignorance of the constitution. It's certainly not that they are oblivious to the violations. Can we only conclude that it is fear and/or money that compels them to remain silent? Is this what has compelled the courts to throw out case after case as they concluded that the plaintiff has "no standing"? A foreigner, having observed what is happening in this country, might easily conclude that we are being pulled under the stifling control of a dictatorship. I have already come to this conclusion. We should all very carefully watch the Orly Taitz case as the outcome may very well provide us the final evidence.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

(NOTE: A Fox News producer has stated that they feel that this hearing is important and newsworthy, and that they will be in the courtroom. Please attend if you can.)
    >
    > As reported by: Orly Taitz, August 31, 2009
    >
    > Judge: David O. Carter
    >
    > Time/Date: 8:00 AM Pacific - Tuesday, September 8th 2009
    >
    > Location: Federal Court building in Santa Ana, CA
    >
    > Ronald Reagan Federal Building and Courthouse
    > US District Court
    > 411 W 4th St # 1-053, Santa Ana, CA - (714) 338-4751
    >
    > Google Map location:
    > http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sourc ... a=N&tab=wl (Marker ‘A’ on the Google map)
    >
    > Hearing: Motion for expedited DISCOVERY of records relative to eligibility of Obama/Soetoro for POTUS and CINC.
    >
    > Notify your Congress-members (State & Federal), Governors, A/G’s, all news media, and anyone that you believe would be interested in knowing about or attending this hearing. This is a matter of critical importance to our being able to maintain our Constitutional Republic.
    >
    > The Constitution and its requirements for eligibility for POTUS and CINC must be upheld .. no one should get a free pass .. no one is above the Law of the Land – The Constitution of the United States of America.
    >
    > If motion is granted, a Court-order would be issued demanding some or all pertinent records (birth certificate, passports, school records, college records and papers, travel records, citizenship records, etc.) relative to establishing eligibility as a ‘Natural-Born’ U.S. Citizen to be a bona fide President and Commander in Chief.
    >
    > OPEN to the PUBLIC
    > (Please attend if you can)

By coincidence, Obama's nationwide broadcast to our school children will be on Sept. 8, the same day that the eyes of the nation will be on the Judge Carter hearing with Orly Taitz.

http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/blog1/
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail

Request for your prayers

Name:
    America’s Spiritual Foundation Rebuilders
    Category:
    Common Interest - Religion & spirituality
    Description:
    The Revolutionary war was fought and won in prayer, before the pilgrims landed their ships on this great continent! We have lost this victory through rebellion and apathy.

IF WE WILL PRAY IN UNITY, THE ENEMY WILL BE STOPPED DEAD IN THEIR TRACKS!

———————**URGENT PRAYER REQUEST !!**———————

Eligibility arguments to get court hearing September 8 at 8 a.m.! Fox will be there!
    Have the kids skip the indoctrination by Obama that day, and watch history!

Prayer flash, URGENT

PRAY led by the HOLY SPIRIT TO:

1) Set an impenetrable angelic hedge of protection around District Judge David O. Carter and attorney Orly Taitz.

2) Confound and bind the enemy with the light of God through Christ Jesus in us, that the darkness in their false case will be completely exposed to the nation!

3) Deal swiftly when the enemy steps out of these bounds; bind their tongues.

FOLLOW LINK TO READ MORE
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=103918

This is a link to ** George Washington’s Prayer Journal **
    http://site.redeemingfilms.com/About.html

Join now in Christ, for the Holy Spirit led warfare, of the SECOND SPIRITUAL REVOLUTION IN AMERICA; billions of souls are hanging in the balance!

These prayers are only an outline to focus and unify the Body of Christ.

** Pray led by the Holy Spirit; take time to abide (listening is just as important) **

Father God in Jesus Christ's name:
    1) Awaken all Christians with your discernment to the reality of the enemies' spiritual attacks.

2) Lead us to true repentance and wash us thoroughly by Jesus' precious redeeming blood.

3) Loose and forgive our family in Christ, which are in darkness shackled with chains of unbelief, rebellion, and apathy.

4) Set an Angelic hedge around the body of Christ joined in unity.

5) Bind the enemy which are holding hostage our Godly family, and throw them out side of the hedge.

6) Empower and protect Israel (Judah) our brother to withstand and overrun all attempts of the enemy to harm them. Alert them to act with preemptive counter attacks.

7) Ready our hearts for continuing spiritual warfare to see the enemy cast out for ever!
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Meanwhile, back at the throne room of the hijacked ship of state...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Barack Obama
    Now I know it’s not always easy to do well in school. I know a lot of you have challenges in your lives right now that can make it hard to focus on your schoolwork.

I get it. I know what that’s like. My father left my family when I was two years old, and I was raised by a single mother who struggled at times to pay the bills and wasn’t always able to give us things the other kids had. There were times when I missed having a father in my life. There were times when I was lonely and felt like I didn’t fit in.
    Of course, we know that when he was perhaps 11 days old, it was his mother who abandoned his father and left him in Honolulu. She attended the Univ. of Washington in Seattle while her husband continued his education at the Univ. of Hawaii. She returned to UH after her husband graduated there and moved on to Harvard.

But aside from that one lie, it is an excellent speech which should engage some students in their own education and inspire many other students to do their best, if not for themselves, then for their country. The speech preview contains no propaganda, personal idolization, or hidden persuasion. Lake Co., Florida, will record the speech and review it before showing it to students. We'll see.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Court document swears Kenyan birth cert legit

Court document swears Kenyan birth cert legit
    Owner risks perjury in high-profile case to insist Barack Obama born in Africa
    Posted: September 06, 2009
    7:20 pm Eastern

By Drew Zahn
    © 2009 WorldNetDaily

With a scheduled hearing date Tuesday, Lucas Smith, the man who tried to sell an alleged Barack Obama Kenyan birth certificate on eBay, has filed court papers in a high-profile eligibility case insisting – under threat of perjury – that the Obama birth certificate in his possession is the genuine article.

The document above is alleged by Lucas Smith to be Barack Obama's original, authentic birth certificate from Kenya.

Smith filed his affidavit through California attorney Orly Taitz, who has spearheaded several lawsuits challenging Barack Obama's constitutional eligibility to serve as president, as part of a case that includes as plaintiff former presidential candidate Alan Keyes.

Taitz posted on her blog Smith's declaration, which claims he obtained the alleged birth certificate from Coast General Hospital in Mombasa, Kenya, and insists it's real.

"The true and correct photocopy of the birth certificate obtained is attached to this affidavit as Exhibit A," the declaration reads. "I declare, certify, verify, state and affirm under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing statements of fact and descriptions of circumstances and events are true and correct."

Want to know for certain where Obama was born? Demand the truth by joining the petition campaign to make President Obama reveal his long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate!

Smith's affidavit, which includes a copy of the certificate, has been filed with Judge David Carter of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. Carter is scheduled to preside over a hearing on the case on Sept. 8.

Taitz told WND she believes the swiftly approaching court date prompted Smith into action:

"He has been in touch with me for quite a while, and he emailed me the document with his signature," Taitz said. "I think he was trying to figure out the most expedient way to bring his message public, and maybe he felt that because I have a hearing coming, that would be the most expedient way."

Taitz hopes the court will order expedited discovery, a ruling that would open many of Obama's currently sealed documents, including his college records and Hawaiian long-form birth certificate, to court scrutiny.

"We'll see what happens on Tuesday. If Judge Carter has the guts, we may move very fast," Taitz told WND. "If expedited discovery is ordered, I'll be dashing to Occidental College and then be on a flight to Hawaii."

In his filing, Smith declares that he traveled to Kenya in February and paid off a military officer in order to obtain a copy of the birth
    certificate from Coast General Hospital in Mombasa. The declaration also states that the hospital administrator signed and sealed the copy, which indicates Obama's birth in Africa on Aug. 4, 1961, at 7:24 p.m.

As WND reported, Smith released a video of the document he claims is a copy of Obama's hospital birth record, though an investigation by Jerome Corsi maintains the document is a forgery.

WND first reported earlier this year when Lucas Smith, a former resident of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and known by the eBay handle "colmado_naranja," claimed to have a document proving Obama's birth in Mombasa, Kenya.

After promising to reveal the document to WND, Smith then dropped communications with a team of people offering to help him verify the document, only fueling the belief the sale – and therefore the alleged document – was a scam.

WND followed Smith's ongoing saga as "colmado_naranja" as he attempted several times to sell the document, or photos and stories surrounding it, on eBay, only to have the auctions repeatedly removed by site administrators.

WND also launched an investigation into "colmado_naranja," which led through several online aliases and reported collaborators, including Dawnella Wilson, "InspectorSmith" and, eventually, Lucas Smith.

Smith, whose background includes a lengthy criminal record and a reported attempt to sell his kidney to a man in need of organ transplant, nonetheless insists that his motives are above board, even if his past looks dubious.

"I do have a background. I've made mistakes in my life," Smith told WND in an e-mail. "It took a guy like me to go and get tangible proof about Obama. I don't mind breaking a few laws or policies here and there. I don't mind paying the military in foreign countries to look the other way ... The military [in Africa] will grant you access to anything for just a few dollars. People are starving. So yes, it takes a guy like me to get things done once in a while."

An enhanced version of the Smith YouTube video has been published by Repubx.com, permitting a more legible examination of the document.

WND has also determined that a supposed Kenyan birth certificate previously released by attorney Orly Taitz is also a forgery.

WND has reported on an authentic 1961-era Kenyan birth certificate, which looks distinctly different from the document Smith released in the video.

Authentic 1961-era Kenyan birth certificate obtained by WND

WND has reported on dozens of legal challenges to Obama's status as a "natural born citizen." The Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, states, "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."

Some of the lawsuits question whether he was actually born in Hawaii, as he insists. If he was born out of the country, Obama's American mother, the suits contend, was too young at the time of his birth to confer American citizenship to her son under the law at the time.

Other challenges have focused on Obama's citizenship through his father, a Kenyan subject to the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom at the time of his birth, thus making him a dual citizen. The cases contend the framers of the Constitution excluded dual citizens from qualifying as natural born.

Complicating the situation is Obama's decision to spend sums estimated in the hundreds of thousands of dollars to avoid releasing a state birth certificate that would put to rest the questions.

WND has reported that among the documentation not yet available for Obama includes his kindergarten records, Punahou school records, Occidental College records, Columbia University records, Columbia thesis, Harvard Law School records, Harvard Law Review articles, scholarly articles from the University of Chicago, passport, medical records, files from his years as an Illinois state senator, his Illinois State Bar Association records, any baptism records, and his adoption records.

Because of the dearth of information about Obama's eligibility, WND founder Joseph Farah has launched a campaign to raise contributions to post billboards asking a simple question: "Where's the birth certificate?"

"Where's The Birth Certificate?" billboard at the Mandalay Bay resort on the Las Vegas Strip

The campaign followed a petition that has collected more than 450,000 signatures demanding proof of his eligibility, the availability of yard signs raising the question and the production of permanent, detachable magnetic bumper stickers asking the question.

The "certification of live birth" posted online and widely touted as "Obama's birth certificate" does not in any way prove he was born in Hawaii, since the same "short-form" document is easily obtainable for children not born in Hawaii. The true "long-form" birth certificate – which includes information such as the name of the birth hospital and attending physician – is the only document that can prove Obama was born in Hawaii, but to date he has not permitted its release for public or press scrutiny.

Oddly, though congressional hearings were held to determine whether Sen. John McCain was constitutionally eligible to be president as a "natural born citizen," no controlling legal authority ever sought to verify Obama's claim to a Hawaiian birth.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=109113

William Barret Travis

Well folks, today will be an interesting day in our history. Is Orly Taitz crazy for bringing on Lucas Smith and his evidence? Is Lucas Smith crazy for agreeing to swear under oath to the legitimacy of the alleged BO Kenyan BC?
    Does Taitz have something up her sleeve? Will Judge Carter have the guts to actually hear all the evidence on it's merits or will he be derailed? Lastly, when will we hear if the case will go forward?

William Barret Travis

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Well folks, today will be an interesting day in our history.
    Not everything "important" to a discussion of the Natural Born Citizen clause has existed in a format accessible online. There is a little project that has been going on for a few months, involving lawyers, paralegals, historians, archivists and some resourceful students and others at University of Connecticut.

Objective: serious scholarship.
    Not an objective: grandstanding, trying to make a name for themselves, taking potshots at the various lawyers on some of these cases (e.g., Orly v. Berg and Berg v. Orly) or making "pitches" for financial backing or PayPal donations.

They have methodically combed through thousands of historic papers and correspondence in search of the context clues, rooted in history and old law and Revolutionary War era experience, that gave meaning to those three words at the time the words were written. The first part of what is expected to be a multi-part series recently got linked to a couple of blogs.

http://undeadrevolution.wordpress.com/2 ... n-citizen/

Some might want to bookmark the website to follow the developments.

During O speech to kids today I believe in the speech he claims his father left him and his mother when he was 2 years old, but its a complete lie it contradicts his books and travel records which indicate his mom left the father to Washington state with bo when he was a newborn. What is going on?

Prepared Remarks of President Barack Obama
    Back to School Event

Arlington, Virginia
    September 8, 2009

The President: Hello everyone – how’s everybody doing today? I’m here with students at Wakefield High School in Arlington, Virginia. And we’ve got students tuning in from all across America, kindergarten through twelfth grade. I’m glad you all could join us today.
    I know that for many of you, today is the first day of school. And for those of you in kindergarten, or starting middle or high school, it’s your first day in a new school, so it’s understandable if you’re a little nervous. I imagine there are some seniors out there who are feeling pretty good right now, with just one more year to go. And no matter what grade you’re in, some of you are probably wishing it were still summer, and you could’ve stayed in bed just a little longer this morning.
    I know that feeling. When I was young, my family lived in Indonesia for a few years, and my mother didn’t have the money to send me where all the American kids went to school. So she decided to teach me extra lessons herself, Monday through Friday – at 4:30 in the morning.
    Now I wasn’t too happy about getting up that early. A lot of times, I’d fall asleep right there at the kitchen table. But whenever I’d complain, my mother would just give me one of those looks and say, "This is no picnic for me either, buster."
    So I know some of you are still adjusting to being back at school. But I’m here today because I have something important to discuss with you. I’m here because I want to talk with you about your education and what’s expected of all of you in this new school year.
    Now I’ve given a lot of speeches about education. And I’ve talked a lot about responsibility.
    I’ve talked about your teachers’ responsibility for inspiring you, and pushing you to learn.
    I’ve talked about your parents’ responsibility for making sure you stay on track, and get your homework done, and don’t spend every waking hour in front of the TV or with that Xbox.
    I’ve talked a lot about your government’s responsibility for setting high standards, supporting teachers and principals, and turning around schools that aren’t working where students aren’t getting the opportunities they deserve.
    But at the end of the day, we can have the most dedicated teachers, the most supportive parents, and the best schools in the world – and none of it will matter unless all of you fulfill your responsibilities. Unless you show up to those schools; pay attention to those teachers; listen to your parents, grandparents and other adults; and put in the hard work it takes to succeed.
    And that’s what I want to focus on today: the responsibility each of you has for your education. I want to start with the responsibility you have to yourself.
    Every single one of you has something you’re good at. Every single one of you has something to offer. And you have a responsibility to yourself to discover what that is. That’s the opportunity an education can provide.
    Maybe you could be a good writer – maybe even good enough to write a book or articles in a newspaper – but you might not know it until you write a paper for your English class. Maybe you could be an innovator or an inventor – maybe even good enough to come up with the next iPhone or a new medicine or vaccine – but you might not know it until you do a project for your science class. Maybe you could be a mayor or a Senator or a Supreme Court Justice, but you might not know that until you join student government or the debate team.
    And no matter what you want to do with your life – I guarantee that you’ll need an education to do it. You want to be a doctor, or a teacher, or a police officer? You want to be a nurse or an architect, a lawyer or a member of our military? You’re going to need a good education for every single one of those careers. You can’t drop out of school and just drop into a good job. You’ve got to work for it and train for it and learn for it.
    And this isn’t just important for your own life and your own future. What you make of your education will decide nothing less than the future of this country. What you’re learning in school today will determine whether we as a nation can meet our greatest challenges in the future.
    You’ll need the knowledge and problem-solving skills you learn in science and math to cure diseases like cancer and AIDS, and to develop new energy technologies and protect our environment. You’ll need the insights and critical thinking skills you gain in history and social studies to fight poverty and homelessness, crime and discrimination, and make our nation more fair and more free. You’ll need the creativity and ingenuity you develop in all your classes to build new companies that will create new jobs and boost our economy.
    We need every single one of you to develop your talents, skills and intellect so you can help solve our most difficult problems. If you don’t do that – if you quit on school – you’re not just quitting on yourself, you’re quitting on your country.
    Now I know it’s not always easy to do well in school. I know a lot of you have challenges in your lives right now that can make it hard to focus on your schoolwork.
    I get it. I know what that’s like. My father left my family when I was two years old, and I was raised by a single mother who struggled at times to pay the bills and wasn’t always able to give us things the other kids had. There were times when I missed having a father in my life. There were times when I was lonely and felt like I didn’t fit in.
    So I wasn’t always as focused as I should have been. I did some things I’m not proud of, and got in more trouble than I should have. And my life could have easily taken a turn for the worse.
    But I was fortunate. I got a lot of second chances and had the opportunity to go to college, and law school, and follow my dreams. My wife, our First Lady Michelle Obama, has a similar story. Neither of her parents had gone to college, and they didn’t have much. But they worked hard, and she worked hard, so that she could go to the best schools in this country.
    Some of you might not have those advantages. Maybe you don’t have adults in your life who give you the support that you need. Maybe someone in your family has lost their job, and there’s not enough money to go around. Maybe you live in a neighborhood where you don’t feel safe, or have friends who are pressuring you to do things you know aren’t right.
    But at the end of the day, the circumstances of your life – what you look like, where you come from, how much money you have, what you’ve got going on at home – that’s no excuse for neglecting your homework or having a bad attitude. That’s no excuse for talking back to your teacher, or cutting class, or dropping out of school. That’s no excuse for not trying.
    Where you are right now doesn’t have to determine where you’ll end up. No one’s written your destiny for you. Here in America, you write your own destiny. You make your own future.
    That’s what young people like you are doing every day, all across America.
    Young people like Jazmin Perez, from Roma, Texas. Jazmin didn’t speak English when she first started school. Hardly anyone in her hometown went to college, and neither of her parents had gone either. But she worked hard, earned good grades, got a scholarship to Brown University, and is now in graduate school, studying public health, on her way to being Dr. Jazmin Perez.
    I’m thinking about Andoni Schultz, from Los Altos, California, who’s fought brain cancer since he was three. He’s endured all sorts of treatments and surgeries, one of which affected his memory, so it took him much longer – hundreds of extra hours – to do his schoolwork. But he never fell behind, and he’s headed to college this fall.
    And then there’s Shantell Steve, from my hometown of Chicago, Illinois. Even when bouncing from foster home to foster home in the toughest neighborhoods, she managed to get a job at a local health center; start a program to keep young people out of gangs; and she’s on track to graduate high school with honors and go on to college.
    Jazmin, Andoni and Shantell aren’t any different from any of you. They faced challenges in their lives just like you do. But they refused to give up. They chose to take responsibility for their education and set goals for themselves. And I expect all of you to do the same.
    That’s why today, I’m calling on each of you to set your own goals for your education – and to do everything you can to meet them. Your goal can be something as simple as doing all your homework, paying attention in class, or spending time each day reading a book. Maybe you’ll decide to get involved in an extracurricular activity, or volunteer in your community. Maybe you’ll decide to stand up for kids who are being teased or bullied because of who they are or how they look, because you believe, like I do, that all kids deserve a safe environment to study and learn. Maybe you’ll decide to take better care of yourself so you can be more ready to learn. And along those lines, I hope you’ll all wash your hands a lot, and stay home from school when you don’t feel well, so we can keep people from getting the flu this fall and winter.
    Whatever you resolve to do, I want you to commit to it. I want you to really work at it.
    I know that sometimes, you get the sense from TV that you can be rich and successful without any hard work -- that your ticket to success is through rapping or basketball or being a reality TV star, when chances are, you’re not going to be any of those things.
    But the truth is, being successful is hard. You won’t love every subject you study. You won’t click with every teacher. Not every homework assignment will seem completely relevant to your life right this minute. And you won’t necessarily succeed at everything the first time you try.
    That’s OK. Some of the most successful people in the world are the ones who’ve had the most failures. JK Rowling’s first Harry Potter book was rejected twelve times before it was finally published. Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team, and he lost hundreds of games and missed thousands of shots during his career. But he once said, "I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
    These people succeeded because they understand that you can’t let your failures define you – you have to let them teach you. You have to let them show you what to do differently next time. If you get in trouble, that doesn’t mean you’re a troublemaker, it means you need to try harder to behave. If you get a bad grade, that doesn’t mean you’re stupid, it just means you need to spend more time studying.
    No one’s born being good at things, you become good at things through hard work. You’re not a varsity athlete the first time you play a new sport. You don’t hit every note the first time you sing a song. You’ve got to practice. It’s the same with your schoolwork. You might have to do a math problem a few times before you get it right, or read something a few times before you understand it, or do a few drafts of a paper before it’s good enough to hand in.
    Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it. I do that every day. Asking for help isn’t a sign of weakness, it’s a sign of strength. It shows you have the courage to admit when you don’t know something, and to learn something new. So find an adult you trust – a parent, grandparent or teacher; a coach or counselor – and ask them to help you stay on track to meet your goals.
    And even when you’re struggling, even when you’re discouraged, and you feel like other people have given up on you – don’t ever give up on yourself. Because when you give up on yourself, you give up on your country.
    The story of America isn’t about people who quit when things got tough. It’s about people who kept going, who tried harder, who loved their country too much to do anything less than their best.
    It’s the story of students who sat where you sit 250 years ago, and went on to wage a revolution and found this nation. Students who sat where you sit 75 years ago who overcame a Depression and won a world war; who fought for civil rights and put a man on the moon. Students who sat where you sit 20 years ago who founded Google, Twitter and Facebook and changed the way we communicate with each other.
    So today, I want to ask you, what’s your contribution going to be? What problems are you going to solve? What discoveries will you make? What will a president who comes here in twenty or fifty or one hundred years say about what all of you did for this country?
    Your families, your teachers, and I are doing everything we can to make sure you have the education you need to answer these questions. I’m working hard to fix up your classrooms and get you the books, equipment and computers you need to learn. But you’ve got to do your part too. So I expect you to get serious this year. I expect you to put your best effort into everything you do. I expect great things from each of you. So don’t let us down – don’t let your family or your country or yourself down. Make us all proud. I know you can do it.
    Thank you, God bless you, and God bless America.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

WND BORN IN THE USA?
    Panic in D.C.? Justice urges birth suit tossed
    Late motion filed by feds as case ready for hearing
    Posted: September 07, 2009
    10:54 pm Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

The U.S. Justice Department is urging a federal judge in California to dismiss a lawsuit challenging the constitutional eligibility of Barack Obama to hold the office of president.

The highly anticipated hearing tomorrow morning before Judge David Carter features attorney Orly Taitz and numerous plaintiffs, as well as a document that one person has sworn is the original birth certificate of Obama from Kenya – not Hawaii, where the administration maintains Obama was born.

In a motion filed Friday in Santa Ana, Calif., attorneys for the government did not directly address the merits of Taitz's claims, but instead focused their efforts on technical procedures, suggesting the matter can't be decided in court and that the dozens of plaintiffs cannot demonstrate they have been injured by having Obama in the Oval Office.

"It is clear, from the text of the Constitution, and the relevant statutory law implementing the Constitution's textual commitments, that challenges to the qualifications of a candidate for president can, in the first instance, be presented to the voting public before the election, and, once the election is over, can be raised as objections as the electoral votes are counted in the Congress," wrote Assistant U.S. Attorneys Roger West and David DeJute. "Therefore, challenges such as those purportedly raised in this case are committed, under the Constitution, to the electors, and to the Legislative branch."

The suit alleges Obama is actually a citizen of Indonesia and "possibly still citizen of Kenya, usurping the position of the president of the United States of America and the commander-in-chief."

Among the plaintiffs are former ambassador and presidential candidate Alan Keyes and longshot vice-presidential candidate Gail Lightfoot, both of whom ran in 2008.

Justice officials say because neither had a mathematical chance at winning, they were not directly harmed by the election of Obama.

According to the motion, "The [suit] does not allege, nor could it allege, that any of these plaintiffs were even on the ballot in enough states in the year 2008 to gain the requisite 270 electoral votes to win the presidential election."

As WND reported over the holiday weekend, Lucas Smith, the man who tried to sell an alleged Barack Obama Kenyan birth certificate on eBay, filed court papers insisting – under threat of perjury – that the Obama birth certificate in his possession is the genuine article.

view entire article at
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=109197

Army captain challenges legitimacy of Barack Obama's birth certificate; Orly Taitz involved
    By ALAN RIQUELMY - ariquelmy@ledger-enquirer.com

Tuesday, Sep. 08, 2009
    Comments (7) | Recommend (0)

An Army captain fighting deployment to Iraq has challenged the legitimacy of Barack Obama’s presidency in a federal complaint filed this month, and has employed attorney Orly Taitz — a national figure in the birther movement — to represent her.

The complaint of Capt. Connie Rhodes, filed Friday in the Columbus division of U.S. District Court, is similar to the July 8 suit filed by Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook, who sought conscientious objector status and a temporary injunction. Taitz represents both.

“Plaintiff ... submits and charges that the current de facto president is an illegal usurper, an unlawful pretender, an unqualified imposter ...â€