Page 254 of 574 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 5732
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Barack Obama's citizenship questioned

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Re: Barack Obama's citizenship questioned

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCDC_SC
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFirst
    Nobody? Really, nobody?

FreedomFirst, probably many others along with me are concerned about Mr. Obama possibly presenting for public perusal the same kind of fabricated personal history that was a mantle (or a shroud) for Sen. John Kerry in 2004. Sen. Kerry's "Band of Brothers" witnessed for him about his exploits in combat, which turned out to be fraudulent, self-aggrandizing puffery. Sen. Kerry wrote and talked about numerous "war crimes" and assorted outrages against humanity, which turned out to be nothing but lies which sprouted from his organically fertilized anti-American imagination.

The likelihood of paid promotions is just one reason why we are reluctant to accept unofficial articles written by roommates and smoking buddies. What is required of Mr. Obama is what is required of everyone else: official documentation with seals, signatures, and the reputation of the institution standing behind the documents.

And that official documentation is exactly what has not been forthcoming.
    And also Methodist ministers?

http://www.hollywoodumc.org/kathybio.asp

And advertising copywriters now living up in Boston?

http://vimeo.com/rebrivved

Ok, you lost me here.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There's plenty of fertile territory where Obama can be shown to be an imposter. Just the rundown on how it's a virtual certainty that he didn't write "Dreams" himself -- because its sentence construction is a far cry from his later book in both the measurable grade level of writing capability and quality -- is the kind of documented undertaking by a Ph.D. that tends to prove its own case. And also to prove that Ayers was most likely the ghost writer because the book carries unique fingerprints of authoriship that can be traced to Ayers own writings. With consistency.

But to claim that he didn't attend certain institutions, when there are interviewees who have authenticated backgrounds who remember him at those institutions, is to create even more rabbit holes for BHO than might exist. And it provides fodder for those who enjoy portraying anyone who questions Obama's bona fides as "lunatic fringe" individuals who are so obsessed with hatred that they wouldn't accept anything as "solid proof" about the man.

I'm sure there's something he wants to conceal in his college records, but non-attendance at the schools in question is not likely to be what he wants to hide. Educational records often have lots of basic vital stats.

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99

Ok, you lost me here.
    It's a photo of Obama's Occidental College classmate Rebecca Rivera, Class of '83, who's now an advertising copywriter up in Boston. She got written up in the college's alumni magazine for creating one of the top ten ads that were run during the Super Bowl a few years ago.

It's very easy to trace some of these people who are quoted, in interviews, as having some recollection of Obama during his college years on the same campus where they were.

Idiots still roam the land ... towit:

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/freeze/091222

Facts are stubborn things: Obama is a natural-born citizen
    By Jamie Freeze

I never will forget meeting former North Carolina State Senator Hugh Webster my senior year of high school. He came to my school and had lunch with the seniors. As he sat down beside me, I asked him to tell me what he most loved and hated about being in Raleigh. I don't remember what he most loved, but I'll never forget what he most hated. In the words of Mr. Webster, "I don't deal well with incompetent people."

At that point, I knew Mr. Webster and I were kindred spirits. I too don't deal well with incompetent people. As a matter of fact, I go out of my way to avoid them, but when dealing with them is inevitable, I can't help but point out their incompetencies. As a law student, I am being trained to be meticulous, well-reasoned, and intelligent. After my final exam grades come back, we'll see how well I'm doing. But that aside, I feel that I have been too longsuffering in letting the Birther Movement receive simply a few caustic remarks and jabs from me. It's time for me to call a spade a spade. Here goes: If you believe that President Obama is NOT a natural-born citizen, then you are an incompetent idiot who is probably watching Glenn Beck while wearing a tin-foil hat. You probably think Obama's a Muslim too.

If you are still reading (and not firing off angry emails), then allow me to offer you factual proof that Obama is a natural-born citizen who satisfies the constitutional requirements for Commander-in-Chief. My argument is two-fold: 1. Obama was born in Hawaii (a U.S. state for my incompetent readers). 2. Obama satisfies the requirements found in the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, which defines natural-born citizens.

1. Obama was born in Hawaii. Hawaii joined the Union in 1959. Barack Obama was born in 1961. Do the math. It works. Ok, so perhaps that argument is a bit over-simplified, but that is because I find the birth certificate question so ridiculous. The President released his birth certificate (which was verified by the Hawaii Health Department) yet conspiracy theorists refuse to see logic. "Big bad Obama must be hiding something. That certificate isn't the long form. What's he hiding?" What the naysayers fail to realize is that in 1961 the standard Hawaiian birth certificate was...wait for it...exactly the same length as Obama's! The Hawaiian Health Department has said this, but as conspiracy theorists point out, they must be covering for Obama. Despite the facts, folks say that even if he was born in Hawaii, he is not a natural born citizen because his father was Kenyan. However, even if Obama was born on the moon, he would still be a natural born citizen under the Immigration and Nationality Act.

2. Obama is a natural born citizen. In Scales v. INS, 232 F.3d 1159 (2000), we have a clear definition of what natural born citizenship is. Scales' father was an American serviceman stationed in the Philippines where he met Scales' mother. They married despite the fact that Scales' mother was pregnant with him at the time. In all probability, the court said, Scales was a product of his mother's previous relationship. However, he was born after Mr. Scales married his mother, and he was treated as Scales' son. Later, Scales was facing deportation because of an aggravated felony involving drugs. He challenged his deportation saying he was a natural born citizen. The court determined that natural born citizenship depends on the statute in effect at the time of the child's birth. Since Scales was born in 1977, he was a natural born citizen because a "person shall be a national and citizen of the United States at birth who is born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than ten years, at least five of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years." Id. at 1169; see 8 U.S.C. §1401(a)(7) (1976). Therefore, Scales was a natural born citizen despite the following: having been born in a foreign country, having been born to a non-citizen, having his American father later deny paternity (and prove non-paternity), and having claimed to be a citizen of the Philippines. Sounds like it is difficult to get rid of natural born citizenship. Let's examine Barack Obama's citizenship.

Obama's citizenship will be determined under the 1952 version of the Immigration and Nationality Act since he was born in 1961 and the Act wasn't updated again until 1966. According to § 301(a)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (66 Stat. 235), "a person born in an outlying possession of the United States of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year at any time prior to the birth of such person [is a natural born citizen]." According to § 305 of the same statute, any person born in Hawaii on or after April 30, 1900 was to be considered a natural born citizen. Obama's mother was a citizen of the United States, and his father was a citizen of Kenya. They were married six months before Obama was born. There is no doubt that Obama's mother resided in the United States or its possessions for at least one year prior to Obama's birth. Therefore, Obama can't be anything other than a natural born citizen. Combine this detail with his birth in an American State, you have a certified natural born citizen.

Facts are stubborn things. They refuse to go away just because people disagree with them or wish they'd go away. The Birther Movement is a stubborn thing too. It refuses to go away even when proven wrong. It is appalling that the myth of Obama's non-citizenship is allowed to flourish given that a simple search in LexisNexis of "natural born citizen" pulled up all of the relevant case law and statutes. You don't even have to be a lawyer to understand it! However, I learned a long time ago that most people are sheep — they'd rather regurgitate something they've heard rather than doing their own research. And the old adage is true: if you say something often enough, people will believe it. For once let's say the truth often enough and hope people believe it. Let's forget about conspiracy theories and focus on the real issue: Obama's policies. After all, I don't deal well with incompetent people.
    Citizenship at birth (defined by statute) versus "natural born citizen" (defined as a matter of Constitutional interpretation) trips up many a naif ...

Author provided this:

You can contact Jamie at j.l.freeze@juno.com.

Author provided this:

You can contact Jamie at j.l.freeze@juno.com.
    Thanks, FreedomFirst. I admit it - I did send off an e-mail to Ms. Jamie. Probably a waste of time, but she can do a lot of harm to innocent folks, and I just had to make an effort.
    In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. -- Mark Twain

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Guess how 'the One' will be honored next Obama Day, Park, Bi

Guess how 'the One' will be honored next
    Obama Day, Park, Birthplace – if only they can figure exactly where that is

Posted: January 03, 2010
    6:07 pm Eastern
    By Drew Zahn
    © 2010 WorldNetDaily

Hawaii's state legislators are lining up a string of new holidays, parks and memorials to honor Barack Obama, the first American president to claim the state as his home – though commemorating his birthplace may prove difficult.

Senate President Coleen Hanabusa wants Aug. 4 to be a state holiday commemorating Obama's birthday, reports the Honolulu Advertiser; and State Rep. Della Au Belatti is pressing for Obama's inauguration day, Jan. 20, to be memorialized in Hawaii as Barack Obama II Ohana Day.

And though Hanabusa and Belatti are Obama's fellow Democrats, even Republican state Rep. Gene Ward is hoping to add to the honors list.

"We're all Americans first and then we're Republicans and then we're Democrats," Ward told the Advertiser.

Ward is proposing Hawaii establish a President Barack Obama Birthplace State Park.

Only, the president has yet to reveal exactly where his birthplace is.

Get the must-wear clothing item for 2010! "Where's the birth certificate" T-shirt!

As WND has reported, Obama's half-sister, Maya Soetoro, claimed Obama was born in Queens Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii, a testimony reported as fact by several news sources and the myth-busting site Snopes.com.

Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women and Children in Honolulu, Hawaii

But after WND drew attention to a letter from the president declaring as his birthplace the Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women and Children in Honolulu instead, news sources and websites jumped to scrub the Queens location and replace it with Kapi'olani.

The Advertiser also reports Obama was born "at what at the time was known as the Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital."

The White House, however, has thus far refused to verify which hospital the president claims as his birthplace or whether the letter – purportedly from President Obama claiming Kapi'olani – is, in fact, real.

Join the petition campaign to demand President Obama resolve the question by revealing his long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate!

In October last year, WND sought answers to the hospital question by retaining a top private investigator with extensive FBI training and tasked with visiting both the Queens Medical Center and the Kapi'olani Medical Center to investigate claims that Obama birth certificates existed at either hospital.

The private investigator, however, reported that sheriff's deputies were stationed at both hospitals to fend off press inquiries about Obama's birth certificate.

Ward is not daunted by the confusion, instead suggesting that 4,124 square feet of currently overgrown scrub land at 6091 Kalaniana'ole Highway be used for the proposed birthplace park, since it sits near to 6085 Kalaniana'ole Highway, the address listed in a 1961 Advertiser birth announcement as home to Obama's parents.

As WND has reported, however, there also exist discrepancies over the Kalaniana'ole home, as Obama's parents weren't the primary occupants of that address – unless, as the Advertiser has speculated, they lived in a cottage behind the house at 6085 Kalaniana'ole Highway.

Commemorating Obama's childhood home might also prove challenging, as the president spent his Hawaiian boyhood years in half a dozen Honolulu residences with one or more of his relatives.

One resolution before the state legislature proposes placing the apartment building where Obama's grandparents lived on the National Register of Historic Places. Obama's grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, still lived in the building until her death two days before Obama's election as president.

The resolution acknowledges that even though it's unusual to place a condominium or apartment building on the National Register, "the Punahou Circle apartment where President Obama and his grandmother lived represents a proud and historic part of history in Hawaii."

The Advertiser reports other proposed honors include renaming Obama's first school – Noelani Elementary School – President Barack Hussein Obama II Elementary School and changing McKinley High School to President Barack Hussein Obama II High School.

Honolulu's Mayor Mufi Hannemann has joined the fray, urging the city council to rename 'Āina Moana Beach Park – commonly known as Magic Island – to President Barack Obama Beach Park at Magic Island.

Ward told the Advertiser the efforts represent the state Legislature's desire to remind the state's citizens "of the greatness of who we are in Hawaii and what we can achieve – and [Obama] is a good example of that."

As WND has reported, Obama's birthplace is only one of many pieces of information still unknown about the sitting president's past. Other documentation not yet available includes his kindergarten records, Punahou school records, Occidental College records, Columbia University records, Columbia thesis, Harvard Law School records, Harvard Law Review articles, scholarly articles from the University of Chicago, passport, medical records, files from his years as an Illinois state senator, his Illinois State Bar Association records, any baptism records, his adoption records and even a long-form birth certificate that could quell questions about Obama's place of birth.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=120893
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Glenn Beck went on a tirade today basically calling us all nut cases
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)