Page 753 of 845 FirstFirst ... 253653703743749750751752753754755756757763803 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,530 of 8443
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: BASIC LIST / SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR LONG TERM SURVIVAL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 8 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 8 guests)

(1125) $1,000,000 Gold Deposit Found Over The Weekend - YouTube

21:06

I Was Standing On $2,000.00 In GOLD!

ANDYTHRAXX MINING

16:13

My BIGGEST Gold Nugget Was Under This Boulder!!

ANDYTHRAXX MINING

4:49

Snow Excuses

ANDYTHRAXX MINING

11:51

Getting ready for a big sluice day.

ANDYTHRAXX MINING

13:05

ANDYTHRAXX MINING Another great season in a nut shell.

ANDYTHRAXX MINING

7:03

ANDYTHRAXX MINING Sluicin Pay, featuring Bryan from Mechanical Miners

ANDYTHRAXX MINING

5:47

ANDYTHRAXX MINING Andy’s reclamation

ANDYTHRAXX MINING

14:38

The Most Gold I've Found In One Hole

ANDYTHRAXX MINING

18:51

$1,000,000 Gold Deposit Found Over The Weekend

ANDYTHRAXX MINING

19:32

Solo Gold Mining Operation | Total Season Results

ANDYTHRAXX MINING

12:12

Mine Site Reclamation

ANDYTHRAXX MINING

1:49

First Step Of The Most Incredible Story You Will Ever Hear

ANDYTHRAXX MINING
    If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Home defense tips: 7 Ways to protect your garden from looters and intruders

Monday, March 13, 2023 by: Zoey Sky
    Tags: crops, defensive landscaping, emergency food, gardening tips, green living, Home Defense, home gardening, home security, homesteading, off grid, Plants, preparedness, prepper, prepping, self sufficiency, SHTF, survival, Survival Tips, sustainable living

490VIEWS

(Natural News) Many preppers devote their resources, time and effort to their home gardens to provide food for their family or to sell fruits and vegetables at the farmers’ market.
    Before SHTF, it would be wise to protect your garden from looters and intruders so your hard work doesn’t go to waste. If you’re not sure where to start, try setting up an alarm or getting a guard dog to protect your property. (h/t to AskAPrepper.com)
    As a prepper, you must learn how to prep discreetly. This means not telling all your neighbors about your gear and survival stockpile.
    You should also learn how to protect your property from trespassers and thieves before disaster strikes. To do this, you may need to combine several strategies since no one strategy will be 100 percent effective.
    Here are some suggestions on how to protect your home garden from looters or trespassers.
    Alarms

Depending on the size of your property and garden, there are various kinds of alarms that you can set up to keep away trespassers.
    If you prefer a high-tech option, you can get an alarm with motion detectors. Alternatively, you can save money with an old-school alarm like a hidden trip wire tied to a can of pebbles.
    You can also get something simple like a solar-charged light with a motion sensor. Whatever alarm you get, you need to make sure it is hidden so looters won’t be able to spot it and find a way to avoid it.
    Compared to a method like an electric fence, an alarm will require considerably less power. But before SHTF, make sure that your off-grid power system can provide electricity for your alarm so your garden remains protected.
    Deceptive planting

If you’re familiar with edible landscaping, deceptive planting works in a similar way.
    Edible landscaping incorporates herbs, fruit-bearing plants, vegetables and edible flowers into your yard or garden. Start by choosing one or two plants that are both attractive and edible.
    Like edible landscaping, deceptive planting is another creative way to sneak more edible plants into your landscaping without alerting looters when SHTF. The technique is also perfect if you want to maximize production in a limited space.
    Unless your neighbors are gardeners themselves, they won’t always know what kind of plant they are looking at. And until those plants start bearing fruit, the average person can’t identify what they are.
    However, the real giveaway is how you plant them. Rows of the same sorts of plants growing will often look like a vegetable garden.
    But if you plant the same crops randomly, you can trick people into thinking that you only have a decorative garden. You can hide more obvious crops like celery and pumpkins.
    Avoid using normal tomato cages to support tomato plants. Instead, use a homemade wood trellis to support the tomatoes because the cage may give the plant away.
    This method may become harder as the plants begin to bear fruit and it’s easier to recognize a tomato or pepper. But if you plant flowers around those vegetables, the flowers will help hide your vegetables. (Related: Home gardening 101: Make the most out of your yard by planning an edible landscape.)
    Electric fence

An electric fence is another popular method of protecting your home or garden from animals and people.
    Since an electric fence is not normally considered in the same category as other more dangerous traps, there is little risk of having problems with the law. However, an electric fence will require electric power, which could be a problem if you are facing a post-SHTF scenario.
    Before investing in an electric fence, look for the most energy-efficient electric fence and find out how much power it consumes. This ensures that if you need to increase the number of solar panels you have or add another battery to your shutdown system, you can do so before disaster strikes.
    Guard dog

A well-trained and loyal guard dog can help protect your property and garden. Dogs are naturally territorial and will make a lot of noise if a stranger enters your yard.
    It doesn’t really matter if your dog is big or strong enough to stop someone, as long as they can keep guard and let you know when they come. When the time comes, you can arm yourself if necessary.
    A guard dog will also sleep lightly so if someone trespasses in your garden in the middle of the night, the dog will wake up and check things out. If your dog senses something suspicious, it will alert you.
    If you plan on getting a dog, you also have to stock up on supplies for them like dog food and animal medicine.
    Poisonous plants

If you are knowledgeable about plants, you can grow some poisonous plants around your garden.
    To prevent severe harm to your family or animals on your property, avoid plants that could kill anyone who eats them. Instead, settle for plants that will be irritating rather than deadly.
    It’s best to avoid poisonous plants if you have small children or curious pets on your homestead. If you want to grow poisonous plants, have a plan for working in your garden so you don’t accidentally come into contact with them.
    Privacy fence

A privacy fence is an effective method of protecting your garden. There are a lot of options in fencing available, but if you want to set up a privacy fence you need one that can’t easily be seen through.
    Get a privacy fence that is higher than most, like a seven- to eight-foot high fence since it’s too easy to see over a six-foot fence.
    Remember that while a privacy fence is going to stop the casual viewer from looking into your garden, it won’t be enough to stop your neighbors, especially those with yards that share that fence with your own.
    If this is the case, you might have to bribe some neighbors by offering to help them get their own gardens started.
    If you think this is a possibility, prepare by keeping a good stock of seeds, fertilizer and gas for a rototiller on hand. With these extra supplies you can help nosy neighbors help them get rid of their grass and start planting.
    In exchange for your help, you can negotiate to get a bit of what they grow come harvest time.
    Traps

If you’re talking about home security, you might think about setting up traps like a punji stick trap.
    A punji stick trap is a pit lined with sharpened sticks. This pit is then covered and camouflaged. During the Vietnam war, the spikes were sharpened bamboo, but in the U.S., you can use other materials in place of bamboo.
    A punji stick trap could be large enough for a person to fall into or small enough for a looter’s foot or leg to fall into them. However, you might want to rethink this option because punji stick traps are actually illegal in all 50 states.
    One major problem with traps is that they are indiscriminate. Once you set a trap, they can hurt anyone, like your own child or a wandering pet or goat.
    If you insist on using traps, keep the legal risk in mind. To avoid accidents, don’t leave out traps in normal times.
    Save them for the time when they might be needed, like after SHTF and you want to keep violent looters away from your home and garden.
    Protect your garden from other looters like wild animals

Your garden may also be in danger from threats other than humans. If you live in a rural area, birds, insects and animals may target your crops.
    Keep your home garden chemical- and pesticide-free by researching how to use predatory insects. Sometimes, these helpful insects may be more effective and they can help ensure the healthy growth of your organic fruits and vegetables.
    If your garden is targeted by birds or wild animals, you can try building a “reverse greenhouse” around it. To make this structure, you will need poultry cloth for the walls and a shade cloth for the roof.
    The shade cloth may be necessary if the area you live in is very hot. Adding the shade cloth to the reverse greenhouse for your garden can also help cool the temperature inside your garden by at least five to 10 degrees, depending on the time of day.
    Together with the poultry fabric, the shade cloth can help prevent birds from flying into your garden.
    And even if the poultry cloth isn’t strong enough to keep bigger animals like opossums and raccoons out of your home garden, it should fool them into thinking they can’t break through it.
    Before SHTF, protect your home garden from looters and wild animals by getting a guard dog or setting an alarm.
    Watch the video below to find out how to improve the yield in your home garden.

This video is from the Planet Zedta channel on Brighteon.com.
    More related stories:

Home security tips: Top 12 defensive plants that can help deter trespassers.
    Home defense plays important role in survival after SHTF.
    Beehives, herbal gardens and more: 8 Useful prepper projects to try before SHTF.
    Sources include:
    AskAPrepper.com 1
    Almanac.com
    AskAPrepper.com 2
    Brighteon.com

Home defense tips: 7 Ways to protect your garden from looters and intruders – NaturalNews.com

GIN Pole Heavy Lifting

3:50NOW PLAYING

Saturday is for lifting. The gin pole gets to work

55K views
    7 years ago

Lawrence Braul

We start off by lifting the smallest logs to see if this device can save time and increase safety by doing the work that was previously ...

5:16NOW PLAYING

Gin poles

6.7K views
    4 years ago

5 TONS W/GUNS

22:02NOW PLAYING

Creating A GIN Pole ~~ Living Off the Land

10K views
    4 years ago

Deep South Homestead

Gin pole on the sugar cane mill broke on Saturday. Danny went into the woods, chose a tree and created a new
    gin pole

14:12NOW PLAYING

Gin pole, tower assembly, Rohn 25, tower installation, Pulley system

145K views
    6 years ago

tower

Learn to assemble or disassemble an antenna tower, and use a basic pulley system.

25:14NOW PLAYING

Portable Gin Pole

2K views
    1 year ago

Four Sons OFF GRID Homestead

Making portable gin pole for tight locations. A collaboration build with Lake Life Craftsman. A gin pole that can break down and be ...

20:36NOW PLAYING

Logging with a FARM TRACTOR!

299K views
    4 years ago

Fall Line Ridge

An old tractor, a boom pole, and log dogs make a great homestead logging setup.

4:38NOW PLAYING

Gin pole rigging.

5.3K views3 years ago

TK BUILT

We needed a solution to lift a 535# beam about 12' in the air to support rafters for an overhang. Give. Pole it is.

1:59NOW PLAYING

Using a gin pole to build a log cabin off the road system

12K views
    4 years ago

Alaska Homestead Adventures

In this video we use a homemade gin pole to lift logs onto our cabin.

6:36NOW PLAYING

Lifting Logs with a Gin Pole and Block and Tackle

21K views3 years ago

Dawesome21

Used this old-school setup to load logs onto a trailer. Got inspiration from the old days of logging and the US Army field manual on ...

Hoisting Logs with a Gin Pole | Raising the Pole | Seating in Hole | Vertical Pull Test | Snatch Block | Horizontal Pull Test
    6 moments

12:43NOW PLAYING

ONE MAN Lifting Heavy Beams With A Gin Pole At The Off-Grid Cabin

8.7K views
    1 year ago

Off Grid From The Ground Up

I'm no expert at lifting beams with a Homemade Gin Pole. I've done it a few times, but nothing like this. Needless to say, things get ...

Learning related

13:36NOW PLAYING

Making a gin pole crane for only $350

10K views10 months ago

Derbador the weldor

1:20... a boom crane but this one is kind of unique and i'll explain it here so this is our genpole crane our boom crane or whatever you ...

2:51NOW PLAYING

Gin Pole mounted on a tractor loader bucket

25K views3 years ago

paul wheaton

Two different experiments with a gin pole. We needed to lift heavy logs higher than the tractor bucket would go. Wasn't it Plato ...

4:45NOW PLAYING

How To Lift Heavy Beams

18K views2 years ago

Off Grid From The Ground Up

When I was building my Off-Grid Pavillion this summer, one of the most difficult things to overcome was lifting the heavy beams ...
    0:24 ... do it before they had heavy equipment and the answer to that question is a couple of different things either a gin pole or a gantry ...

2:29NOW PLAYING

My badlands 12000 gin pole winch truck invention was a failure.

11K views2 years ago

Cut Weld N Grind

My badlands 12000 gin pole winch truck invention was a failure. I failed, failure, failure, failure. lol SO I finally made time to test the ...

People also watched

8:14NOW PLAYING

Tower Erection (Derrick Method)

18K views
    1 year ago

Sun Down

Tower Erection using derrick method.

13:12NOW PLAYING

Raising More Timber Frame By Hand

26K views4 years ago

TheTradesmanChannel

Raising more timber frame by hand. It is a good feeling to get more of this timber frame up and put into place. The only thing we ...

4:16NOW PLAYING

Install & Lifting Ginpole

9.7K views
    1 year ago

ELECTRICITY

Persiapan Erection T.151.

10:23NOW PLAYING

Uprooting a tree using a 45 to 1 pulley system

4M views
    6 years ago

YankeeDiver

This is part 2 of my project to remove a back leaning tree. This tree needed to be removed in this manner. I am pouring a cement ...

Had to re-adjust the pulleys | 2nd time re-adjusting the pulleys | Third times a charm | What the hell is that squeaking noise? | One tree uprooted using a 45:1 pulley system.5 moments

6 More

10:29NOW PLAYING

Off-Grid Mountainside Income & BarnBuild Ep23 | How To: DIY Gin Pole To Lift Wall & "Shear Panels"

5 months ago

Poe Run Craft & Provisions

Well our second wall lift using our DIY in pole worked well, but I didn't place the pick points low enough and ended up having to ...

5:41NOW PLAYING

Gin pole truck video

42K views
    6 years ago

Simon Barrientes

47:07NOW PLAYING

building new gin poles for my 2nd gen ram

6K views
    9 months ago

Jacob Pritchett

Big Bird's Date Night by Twin Musicom is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.

3:51NOW PLAYING

Lifting logs on Log Cabin with Gin Pole

1.9K views
    2 years ago

Old Iron Cabin

Dovetail log cabin, lifting logs with a Gin pole

3:59NOW PLAYING

A better look into my custom gin pole setup

1 month ago

Dillard Youngblood

This is about my lowboy with a gin pole setup.

17:58NOW PLAYING

MODS I'VE MADE TO MY WELDING RIG SINCE PIPELINE (UPDATED WELDING RIG TOUR!)

106K views
    1 year ago

Austin Ross

I've added a few visible things like the gin pole, chop saw, vice, and material rack and a few things that you can't see. In this video ...
    4:39 ... then here's the gin pole we do have prints of this the basic design of the gen pole on my website aroswelding.com but i did want ...

2:04NOW PLAYING

Basic Gin Pole Principles

6.6K views
    4 years ago

Molly Cooper

Sample of the Basic Gin Pole Principles Course available at from eSystem Training. www.esystemtraining.com.

Gin Poles | Table of Contents | NATE/OSHA/TIA History

3 moments

2:40NOW PLAYING

Vertical Gin Pole- Wind Turbine Tower Raising System

105K views
    11 years ago

AREWindtowers

Our manual tower raising system allows for a monopole tower to be raised and lowered without the hassle of guy wires, hydraulics ...

13:36NOW PLAYING

Making a gin pole crane for only $350

10K views
    10 months ago

Derbador the weldor

1:20 ... a boom crane but this one is kind of unique and i'll explain it here so this is our gen pole crane our boom crane or whatever you ...

2:51NOW PLAYING

Gin Pole mounted on a tractor loader bucket

25K views
    3 years ago

paul wheaton

Two different experiments with a gin pole. We needed to lift heavy logs higher than the tractor bucket would go. Wasn't it Plato ...

2:12NOW PLAYING

Hoisting With A Spruce Gin Pole

1 year ago

Herrie

We needed to raise a winter work shelter, but we didn't have access to a crane, so we rigged up a gin pole. A gin pole is a tall pole ...

6:58NOW PLAYING

Building GIN POLES!!

286 views2 weeks ago

TC Finds

Watch In amazing as the metal magician and I make the 7.3 even more versatile by making gin poles happen. All to load a 318 ...

Intro | Video | Outro
    3 chapters

8:58NOW PLAYING

20 Ginpole Erection T#31

15K views
    3 years ago

Someone

Transmission Line 500 KV.

0:43NOW PLAYING

Orchard Ladder Gin Pole

1.8K views
    2 years ago

Mike .Urban

This gin pole crane, using a twelve-foot aluminum orchard ladder, takes only a few minutes to set up. There are several ...

you might want to learn these Skills and Acquire the tools Needed.

(11 Boulder Footings for the Cabin Foundation- Ep13- Outsider Log Cabin - YouTube

(11 Walls, Windows & Door-frames- Ep31- Outsider Log Cabin - YouTube

1:00:57

Walls, Windows & Door-frames- Ep31- Outsider Log Cabin[/COLOR]

The Outsider

20:33

Cabin Flooring & Tractor Breakdown- Ep36- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

16:36

Stone Boat- Inexpensive Logging Trailer!- Ep26- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

15:50

Breaking Trail, Hauling Timber- Ep32- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

18:26

Why the Log Gaps? Chinked vs Scribed- Ep40- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

11:41

The Legend is Retiring- Ep34- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

14:10

Building Preparations & Log Treatment- Ep37- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

14:48

Heated Sawmill Bunk house built for $160- Ep25- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

24:35

Logging Upgrade! Tractor Boom Pole- Ep39- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

15:43

How I Budget for my Build- Ep44- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

23:57

Finishing the Log Cabin Exterior! / Ep85 / Outsider Cabin Build

The Outsider

6:53

1 Ton Log on my Sawmill! Bad idea?- Ep23- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

22:34

Thieves came. They Stole. They Poached. ...We take action! / Log Cabin Update- Ep 11.10

The Outsider

20:29

My Forest Sanctuary / Ep52 / Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

8:05

Bunkhouse / Tool Shed Construction!- Ep15- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

8:11

Christmas Bunkhouse Journey- Ep29- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

40:18

Completing the Roof Structure before Winter- Ep58- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

21:30

How I Make a Saddle Notch- Ep42- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

8:28

Celebrating Sr Outsider's Legacy

The Outsider

27:16

Gable Cladding & Snowcat Recovery / Ep78 / Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

26:32

Deep Snow Logging in the Canadian Wilderness / Ep79 / Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

18:35

Insulating the Floor (Sr Outsider's Final Episode) / Ep94 / Outsider Cabin Build

The Outsider

37:10

Finishing the First Cabin Dormer! / Ep70 / Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

39:34

Life After Brain Cancer. Let's Talk- Ep47- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

25:14

Roofing a Steep 12/12 Pitch! / Ep68 / Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

(1177) Prospecting for gold using MAGNETS.....!? - YouTube

Shorts

What you think "fake" vs how it is... #goldprospecting #goldpanning #goldnuggets #goldrush #viral

16K views

🏞 Love the creek - Gold Panning #goldpanning #gold #adventure

6M views

Huge $60,000+ Gold Cleanup!

6.3M views

Gold Mining on the beach

4.6K views

Gold Prospecting The Smart Way, Moving Boulders! (full video - link in description)

106K views

Can I find GOLD in PURE SAND?

2.5M views

Dredging For Placer Gold 😮 My Favorite Type Of Gold Prospecting! (Full Video - Link In Description)

1.3M views

They say there is gold EVERYWHERE on the Fraser.

28M views

Can you hear the GOLD? * ASMR *

116K views

Gold Panning In The River

11K views

HUGE gold flake found! (For the Fraser River, this IS HUGE!)

576K views

The sounds of GOLD!

23M views

Gold panning my old "Hot Spot"

1.3M views

Gold found while panning.

182K views

Gold Prospecting in Texas 2023

Bedrock Gold #goldnugget #goldprospecting #goldpanning #findinggold #oro #goldrush #bedrock #gold

3.2M views

You Can Always Find Gold On The Fraser River!

10M views

Discovery Of A Life Time Metal Detecting A Gold Mine #shorts

1.8M views

Tennessee Gold Panning!

22K views

Gold panning blacksand, does it contain gold?

7.6M views

Metal Detecting for Gold on bedrock of an ancient channel

12M views

Small crevice was loaded - gold prospecting #goldpanning #goldprospecting #gold #goldnuggets

3.8M views

How to gold pan in 60 seconds!

51K views

Gold dredging Gold Prospecting

602K views

Epic Gold Mining!

45K views

Panning for Gold in East Texas 1

1.2K views

Prospecting for gold in an abandoned cave mine!

2.4M views

Gold prospecting with the custom Dream sluice #goldprospecting #goldpanning #goldrush

2.8K views

Huge nugget found Gold Mining in NZ!

301K views

Atlas 8x12 Safe Cellar Driveway Installation

Ron travels to Arizona to install one of his bunkers under a new driveway that is about to be poured.

ATLAS 8X12 SAFE CELLAR DRIVEWAY INSTALLATION

atlassurvivalshelters
    atlassurvivalshelters

17 subscribers

Feb 10, 2022
    Installing an Atlas Bomb Shelter - 10X40
    While Ron is installing bunkers in the Middle East he sends Curtis to install and film a 10X40 modular platinum series doomsday bunker.

INSTALLING AN ATLAS BOMB SHELTER - 10X40