Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CrocketsGhost

You say:

there is a sertain standard device to my industry that typically wholesales in the range of $200-$300 when made over here. On my last trip to China, one of the manufacturers over there was dumping them for $60. That's more than parts alone cost here. Cheap labor is not going to solve that problem unless the illegals start working for bowls of rice and living under their work stations.
    I guess, you need that piece here not there. I suspect that that piece made here, is still better quality. If you need to place an order on a short notice, it is likely easier to work with a local supplier, than with the one in China. All these factors mean extra cost attached to the “cheap” Chinese product. By the time, you are ready to sell it, this Chinese piece may actually cost you more than if made here.

However, if the Chinese product is still much cheaper, it does not make sense to manufacture it here.

I know a factory making screws. They were loosing to competitors selling Chinese product. They looked into situation, and they decided to discontinue manufacturing basic types of screws. They import them from China. In their factory in the U.S., they focus on specialty screws. In the result, they get more customers, as they have wider offer.

If some one is not capable to adjust to ever changing market, he or she should not be in business.

If someone does not understand that the world around is always changing, he or she should not to speak up on issues like immigration for example.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hak51
    CrocketsGhost

You say:

there is a certain standard device to my industry that typically wholesales in the range of $200-$300 when made over here. On my last trip to China, one of the manufacturers over there was dumping them for $60. That's more than parts alone cost here. Cheap labor is not going to solve that problem unless the illegals start working for bowls of rice and living under their work stations.
    I guess, you need that piece here not there. I suspect that that piece made here, is still better quality. If you need to place an order on a short notice, it is likely easier to work with a local supplier, than with the one in China. All these factors mean extra cost attached to the “cheap” Chinese product. By the time, you are ready to sell it, this Chinese piece may actually cost you more than if made here.

However, if the Chinese product is still much cheaper, it does not make sense to manufacture it here.

I know a factory making screws. They were loosing to competitors selling Chinese product. They looked into situation, and they decided to discontinue manufacturing basic types of screws. They import them from China. In their factory in the U.S., they focus on specialty screws. In the result, they get more customers, as they have wider offer.

If some one is not capable to adjust to ever changing market, he or she should not be in business.

If someone does not understand that the world around is always changing, he or she should not to speak up on issues like immigration for example.
    All of that babble does not change the fact that using cheap immigrnat labor is not going to save our factories from the Chinese juggernaut, which is a communist nation with centralized control, slave labor, unfair trade practices and flagrant patent violations, and no environmental controls.

Again you circumnavigated the point, which was that your ludicrous notion that making illegals legal (and presumably paying them the minimum wage, since that is the law) will somehow help us stave off Chinese competition.

Your sophistry is boundless, my little propagandist.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I noticed part of this thread is on a subject about Europes Royalty claiming they are in the lineage of The House of David. This is called Anglo-Isrealism, that was a common idea with the Church of God, which there are still many left. As well the Adventists once belonged to this group, but many broke away, feeling this was not true and did not want to lay claim to being a "remnant".

If you Google the above bold letter phrase you will find a lot of information on it.

My fathers great-grandparents on down were staunch members of the Church of God, which met only on the Sabbath, and as well, they did not eat unclean foods. Even though I do not follow this, the issue of not eating certain foods still persist today in our family (not my mothers side though).
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    I noticed part of this thread is on a subject about Europes Royalty claiming they are in the lineage of The House of David. This is called Anglo-Isrealism, that was a common idea with the Church of God, which there are still many left. As well the Adventists once belonged to this group, but many broke away, feeling this was not true and did not want to lay claim to being a "remnant".

If you Google the above bold letter phrase you will find a lot of information on it.

My fathers great-grandparents on down were staunch members of the Church of God, which met only on the Sabbath, and as well, they did not eat unclean foods. Even though I do not follow this, the issue of not eating certain foods still persist today in our family (not my mothers side though).
    The British Roaylty may be many things, but it is not from the House of David. The original idea was that the line of Tamar Tephi was of the (maternal) line of David. That line is Gaelic, and the monarchy taken from it progressively, until Edward Longshanks (a Norman, not a Celt) even took the title of Prince of Wales and gave it to his homosexual son.

CrocketsGhost

You say

Again you circumnavigated the point, which was that your ludicrous notion that making illegals legal (and presumably paying them the minimum wage, since that is the law) will somehow help us stave off Chinese competition.
    You indicated that you have business experience. Therefore, you likely know that sometimes a dime here or there, can be a decisive factor, if he factory will be kept open or will be relocated to China.

American automobile makers lost to the Asian competitors, among others, due to high price of union labor. Now, the market shrunk, jobs are gone, so are some pensions. And, Americans came back to senses begging Honda to put the non-union plant in their town.

If the radical anti-immigration law will become a law of the country, I would not be surprised, if twenty years down the road, Americans would drive to Mexico in buses full of gifts just to lure some Mexicans to come here to work.

That will never happen because there will always be law breakers. Even we the are deported the will come right back and find another hole to hide in!! We don't need their help. That is just an excuse. The roof of my house is collapsing under the weight of them. Let them go. They are barely in the fields anymore because they have found it easier to still our jobs such as construction, painting, landscaping, medical offices and retail jobs. I say clear them out so the companies are forced to pay the legal wages and insurances for their own unemployed English only speaking citizens!!!!!!!!!

If the radical anti-immigration law will become a law of the country, I would not be surprised, if twenty years down the road, Americans would drive to Mexico in buses full of gifts just to lure some Mexicans to come here to work.
    Don't count on that. The pioneering American spirit will always prevail, and we will always find a way to make things work in our country. We don't need Mexico's poor to help us now, and we won't in the future.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hak51
    CrocketsGhost

You say

You indicated that you have business experience. Therefore, you likely know that sometimes a dime here or there, can be a decisive factor, if he factory will be kept open or will be relocated to China.

American automobile makers lost to the Asian competitors, among others, due to high price of union labor. Now, the market shrunk, jobs are gone, so are some pensions. And, Americans came back to senses begging Honda to put the non-union plant in their town.

But Hack, your premise makes no sense. Follow me here:

In this country, we have minimum wage laws. Presumably, when you speak of allowing in more immigrnats, you are not speaking of changing all of our other laws. Now, if we allow all these other people to come in here as citizens, they will be paid AT LEAST the minimum wage, will they not? Also if, as you claim, these workers are needed to fill jobs that we cannot currently fill, then the wages above minimum will not drop significantly because, according to your own claims, there will be no glut of workers. What's more, most of the workers currently entering the US illegally are poorly educated (at best), and so the demand for higher paid skilled workers will remain exactly where it is. So what we will have is a flood of minimum wage employees who, by international standards, are being grossly overpaid for menial labor. How on Earth can you claim that such a thing would do ANYTHING to help domestic manufacturing? PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR MATH.

And yes, I am involved in product development, marketing, manufacturing, and exporting. I have a pretty damned good handle on what the costs are and how they stack up. I understand how shipping from halfway around the world factors into the relative price of Asian goods and how the relative price of labor in Mexico and China affects manufacturing. My company continues to earn a healthy profit manufacturing our products right here in the US, and we don't employ a single illegal alien. we're so successful at the moment that we cannot keep up with demand and will be more than doubling the size of our facilities next year.

Re: ITIN...

Quote Originally Posted by newpilgrimfamily
    By the way, if somebody doesn't know what is an ITIN, here 's a link to IRS website... It's a number just like the SSN, only that we pay taxes but can't receive any benefits, not even tax restituicion. G/B

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/ ... 87,00.html
    Except, many are getting home loans with this and most at 1% interest rate than true legal Americans!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

If the radical anti-immigration law will become a law of the country ...
    I still don't get why making everyone follow the same rules is such a radical concept.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.