Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    JackMcIntosh wrote,
    Holding politicians accountable and calling for the arrest of a candidate for Governor at this late date in the race are two different things.
    What does the "late date" have to do with anything?

I do not care if it is Nutmeg, Wonder Boy, or Joe Blow from Idaho, until I can get a card to put in my wallet that allows me to speed up and down the highway and get a free pass, I would hope for equal justice...........no matter what the "date" happens to be.

Why make such a big deal out of a woman (Not a very smart one at that. Just look at the "late date." JMO) that happens to be a billionaire, ex-CEO of a major corporation, not just any corporation mind you, a technology corporation, thus vulnerable in many areas of her life, and she does not have a thorough background done on a employee so close to her family, business and self, and running for office and you just think all is honky-dory?

Jack you sound like you are POed and looking for "Change"...........in all the wrong places.

Chill out Dude. It does not matter what idiot wins out there,......I am willing to bet you will still get your constellation prize.

Time to hold their feet to the fire Jack. You hold her feet, I'll get the torch.

Equal justice is just the point.

You don't arrest someone and haul them in front of a judge until you have evidence that they have committed a crime.

I'm not saying she's innocent.

I'm simply saying that there is a proper way that this should be handled and the people running this organization have total disregard for that procedure.

If I lived in California I would be upset that there wasn't a better choice to be made than between Whitman and Brown.

For cryin' out loud, Whitman probably wouldn't even have a chance if the dems hadn't decided to recycle that flower power freak Jerry Brown, but the public call for her arrest at this point by this organization is irresponsible and will prejudice the race and at this "lat date" there is no way to undo the damage if the investigation finds no grounds for an arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    "JackMcIntosh" wrote:
    Uhmmm...William...take a deep breath and exhale slowly...

You're the big guy on this block and you're obviously not used to anyone standing up to your bullying tactics, but you don't have a monopoly on patriotism and despite you cries of righteous indignation...you don't have a clue what you're talking about either.

I support enforcing our immigration laws too, but unlike you I do believe due process has its place.

If an investigation reveals evidence that Whitman should be charged with a crime then she should be charged...if and when...not before.

That's the way it works. I'm sorry, but I didn't make the rules...I just like to see them followed.

If you had your way (which you won't) simply being accussed would result in incarceration and that's not what America is all about...at least not the America that the rest of us live in.

I admit that I am confrontational. I think your position is infintile and self serving and I don't believe in "playing nice".

You're wrong on this one and attacking me isn't going to change that.
    As a former SoCal resident, I understand your situation about being caught between a rock and a hard place. They are so many pro-illegal State and local Represnatives
    , it's something that can't be avoided.

Let's say that Whitman won the election and then it was proven in court that she did break the US immigration Law by having clear knowlege that Diaz was in this country illegally when hired.

What would you do or say and how would you feel?
    Would you regret that you voted for a person that supports illegal immigration?
    Well, it's not like anyone in California is going to have much of a choice is it?

Neither Brown or Whitman support full enforcement of our immigration laws.

How are you going to feel if she loses and then the investigation finds that she did not break the law?

Will it make you feel good to think that this organization helped (even in some small way) to influence public opinion and elect Governor Jerry Brown?

How does that help the cause?

The most important point in all of this is that the people in charge of this "honorable" site claim to be all about enforcing our laws, but then want to leap frog from accusation to arrest with no time in between for the proper investigation and gathering of evidence.

Sloppy, risky, irresponsible and self-serving.

Mob mentality.

"JackMcIntosh" wrote:Well, it's not like anyone in California is going to have much of a choice is it?

How are you going to feel if she loses and then the investigation finds that she did not break the law?

Will it make you feel good to think that this organization helped (even in some small way) to influence public opinion and elect Governor Jerry Brown?

The most important point in all of this is that the people in charge of this "honorable" site claim to be all about enforcing our laws, but then want to leap frog from accusation to arrest with no time in between for the proper investigation and gathering of evidence.

Mob mentality.
    So you answer a question with a question. That says alot right there.
    Fine, don't answer my question.
    But I'll answer yours.

It doesn't matter how i would feel, I'm no longer a resident of Ca. But I did live there (1975-2007) and when Jerry Brown was Governor.
    ALIPAC has made no accusations.
    Diaz has already stated that Whitman knew she was in this country illegaly.
    That is what is called "probable cause", which in the Laws eyes is enough to sustain an arrest.and then let the court decide on the innocense.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    "JackMcIntosh" wrote:Well, it's not like anyone in California is going to have much of a choice is it?

Mob mentality.
    So you answer a question with a question. That says alot right there.
    Fine, don't answer my question.
    But I'll answer yours.

[quote:1femb7u2]How are you going to feel if she loses and then the investigation finds that she did not break the law?
    It doesn't matter how i would feel, I'm no longer a resident of Ca. But I did live there (1975-2007) and when Jerry Brown was Governor.
    ALIPAC has made no accusations.
    Diaz has already stated that Whitman knew she was in this country illegaly.
    That is what is called "probable cause", which in the Laws eyes is enough to sustain an arrest.and then let the court decide on the innocense.
    [/quote:1femb7u2]

No, that is what is called an accusation.

It may be enough to prompt an investigation, but not an arrest.

Diaz says yes, Whitman says no.

One persons word against another and in America, the real America, without evidence to give one persons word more weight than the other we don't simply arrest people because someone accuses them of a crime.

I could say that you stole my bubble gum, but without some sort of evidence...some reason for law enforcement to believe you did in fact steal my bubble gum...you're not going to be arrested.

JackMcIntosh is banned for failing to honor our rules regarding personal attacks on the boards.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This was getting to be like City-Data's illegal immigration forum. Trolls and pro illegals would argue whether Arizona was a border state or not.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Skip
    Thanks for the links, both worth comments on youtube.

mkfarnam wrote:
    rebart wrote:
    "This is over the top. Diaz gave her forged papers. Whitman got Diaz from an employment agency with all the "correct" papers. Whitman has a copy of those papers. Whitman was the victim, not the perpetrator.

Jerry Brown is a career politician who has fed at the public trough all his life. He even got an allowance from his parents until he was in his 50s. He has gone around from Sacramento to Oakland and anywhere he can to get a political job. In the sixties we called him "Governor Moonbeam" or "Jerry the Fairy", or other good nicknames.

Your ill-thought campaign to prosecute an innocent Whitman could give Jerry the governorship, and CA can't take that. STOP before you do something stupid because you let political mudslinging influence you.

It looks like the race for California Governor is a no-win situation.........either way.
    It doesn't surprise me one bit.

No, it is not a no win situation either way. Whitman has much better ideas for California than Arnold ever did and of course has better ideas than Brown. Whitman isn't my lesser of two evil candidates.

I don't appreciate people who don't live in California trying to help Brown win over something they clearly do not have all of the information on to be making such a ridiculous demand for her arrest.

I can see the headlines now - ALIPAC supports Brown, demanding Whitman's arrest.

I can also see ALIPAC going bye bye within about six months due to membership drop after this."

It HAS to be the lesser of two evils because that is usually the only choices we are given! It does MORE harm to pre-determine Meg's guilt when Jerry Brown is the only one who will benefit. William, if you want to press this issue on principle, you will be doing more harm than good. YOU don't know that she is guilty so leave it alone! Which is worse? Jerry Brown, or Meg Whitman, who might be guilty. I don't think you would have many legal Californians on your side. Should we have every RINO arrested because they might have a skeleton in their closet, thereby giving the Democraps the election?

I was hoping that the Tea Party would actually form a new party. Instead, they want to take the Republican party over, but to do this they say we will have to vote for some RINOS who are the only ones running against a Democrap. I would have preferred a NEW party. I was out-voted because they said it would give the Democraps the election. Every poli-tic says what they think will get them elected. Including Meg, who is reaching out to Latinos, but she isn't a Democrap!

If we listen to all political mud-slinging we wouldn't vote at all! By the time they are done with each other we feel we have no one to vote FOR, only to vote AGAINST. This is the case here.
    <div>All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men and women do nothing!</div>

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Patrioticpatti[/b]][quote:2x8qoaj1]mkfarnam wrote:
    rebart wrote:
    "This is over the top. Diaz gave her forged papers. Whitman got Diaz from an employment agency with all the "correct" papers. Whitman has a copy of those papers. Whitman was the victim, not the perpetrator.

Jerry Brown is a career politician who has fed at the public trough all his life. He even got an allowance from his parents until he was in his 50s. He has gone around from Sacramento to Oakland and anywhere he can to get a political job. In the sixties we called him "Governor Moonbeam" or "Jerry the Fairy", or other good nicknames.

Your ill-thought campaign to prosecute an innocent Whitman could give Jerry the governorship, and CA can't take that. STOP before you do something stupid because you let political mudslinging influence you.

It looks like the race for California Governor is a no-win situation.........either way.
    It doesn't surprise me one bit.

No, it is not a no win situation either way. Whitman has much better ideas for California than Arnold ever did and of course has better ideas than Brown. Whitman isn't my lesser of two evil candidates.

I don't appreciate people who don't live in California trying to help Brown win over something they clearly do not have all of the information on to be making such a ridiculous demand for her arrest.

I can see the headlines now - ALIPAC supports Brown, demanding Whitman's arrest.

I can also see ALIPAC going bye bye within about six months due to membership drop after this."

It HAS to be the lesser of two evils because that is usually the only choices we are given! It does MORE harm to pre-determine Meg's guilt when Jerry Brown is the only one who will benefit. William, if you want to press this issue on principle, you will be doing more harm than good. YOU don't know that she is guilty so leave it alone! Which is worse? Jerry Brown, or Meg Whitman, who might be guilty. I don't think you would have many legal Californians on your side. Should we have every RINO arrested because they might have a skeleton in their closet, thereby giving the Democraps the election?

I was hoping that the Tea Party would actually form a new party. Instead, they want to take the Republican party over, but to do this they say we will have to vote for some RINOS who are the only ones running against a Democrap. I would have preferred a NEW party. I was out-voted because they said it would give the Democraps the election. Every poli-tic says what they think will get them elected. Including Meg, who is reaching out to Latinos, but she isn't a Democrap!

If we listen to all political mud-slinging we wouldn't vote at all! By the time they are done with each other we feel we have no one to vote FOR, only to vote AGAINST. This is the case here.[/quote:2x8qoaj1]

Patrioticpatti, would you mind having my name removed from your last post..........I never posted that.
    ------------------------