Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I took the first email to mean that ALIPAC wasn't going to be represented at the 912 Project.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by LAPhil
    William, I have no doubt that you've done your homework on this, but nevertheless something seems a little strange here. I have never met anyone who opposes Obama's attempt to control our health care and various other parts of our lives who was in favor of amnesty. Of course that doesn't mean there are none, because there are exceptions to every rule, but could you do a little more elaborating on just what made you decide that going to the 9/12 event on behalf of Alipac wasn't a good idea?
    LAPhil,

The name of the game in DC is that nobody is for AMNESTY. It's the Amnesty that is not and Amnesty game.

ALIPAC considers Amnesty anything that changes the existing laws to allow illegal aliens already in the country to become citizens and vote.

We have given you one big example with Grover Norquist. More examples will follow when our research is complete and our presentation is ready.

The people you are meeting in these movement are against Amnesty. Some of the elite DC insider groups and politicians with millions of dollars at their disposal, much of which is coming from foreign government's or foreign nationals in China and Saudi Arabia, have a DIFFERENT PLAN.

We have already listed five or six reasons we decided against this rally at this time.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jinky
    I'm confused. If someone is against higher taxes, how could that not be against illegal immigration?
    Because some people are against paying more in taxes but all for the extra profits they make replacing American workers with excessive numbers of legal and illegal immigrants that will work for a fraction of the existing market wage.

Average American citizens are against both high taxes and illegal immigration.

Those profiting from illegal immigration support it and support Amnesty.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by shirliann
    When I read the first email, I wonder why you needed to be invited, thinking that if you wanted to be apart of this event, you would get in on it. I am most certainly sure no one would have been "rejected".

That email did appear this group leaders are angry or upset over "not being invited".

I am disspointed that this group did not do what it needed to do to be there!
    I guess it is in the eye of the beholder. I didn't interpret that way at all. I understood it the first time just as William explained it in the second email.
    "The American people are slow to wrath, but when their wrath is once kindled, it burns like a consuming flame." ~Teddy Roosevelt~

Grover Norquist has always stuck his nose in conservative circles ....while pushing his open borders, pro Islam, destroy America agenda. He is a slime ball of the worst kind ....read Paul Sperry's book "infiltration"
    Deport Now - Get your useless invading rearend out of my country!

The first letter, in my opinion, was a little abrupt. I have been with ALIPAC for a number of years, and am involved in the tea party movement since its inception on 2/27/2009, and will continue to be. I firmly support both causes, and will, of course, continue to do so.

I am no spokesman, certainly, but the tea party movement does not have one single cause under its umbrella, but, rather, many. Lately, at least in California, it has added a few local concerns. ALIPAC has one, an important one, for sure. I do know, that in my limited experience in 4 tea parties and 1 townhall meeting, immigration has not been at the forefront.

I do know that ALIPAC has interests in other areas and its hands in some, but the focus has been on immigration.

When I read:

"our cause is conspicuously absent from the 9/12 efforts even though we know Glenn Beck is against Amnesty. Or at least he was over the last few years. "

it seems somewhat bitter that there was no recognition or invite.

Personally, Glenn Beck is not a spokesman for the Tea Parties, he does not represent them and this may be one area of misplaced focus. I wouldn't want him to be a spokesman anymore than I would want FOX to be a supporter, necessarily. The movement is headless, without a recognizable leader, and perhaps that's how it should stay.

When I read, "Several of the groups that are featured in the 9/12 events are pro amnesty and are GOP groups that are responsible for the continued invasion of our nation over eight years of the Bush administration. "

it appears to diminish the movement by division, inadvertently.

When I read "We will provide you with more details about that in a few days. "

I am expecting an expose on the movement, to critique it.

In my opinion, I don't think it is the right time to launch an expose a week before 9/12, as any information distributed would only be useful for any opposition, media or otherwise, who might attempt to divide either movement further. I represent only myself when I say this.

When I read

"but it appears some of the top leadership of the 9/12 events are parts of the Open Borders Lobby which is a fusion of Democrat and Republican groups that favor unlimited or barely limited legal and illegal immigration.

I feel that the categorization between Democrat and Republican, even if merged, seems more pronounced that the issues. The partisan divide, again, rears is ugly head.

The tea party movement and ALIPAC are non-partisan, grass-roots movements. In my opinion, it doesn't matter who is Republican or Democrat or Independent or whatever. The issues are the focus.

Besides, you are now talking about a conglomeration of groups, including even the central valley farmers in California, who have teamed up with Republicans, in Sacramento, to fight for water, against environmental regulation. Unheard of.

Should anyone be "excluded" because of their beliefs in causes?

That's a slippery slope and certainly something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by jabwocky
    I don't know ANYBODY I have met in the 912 movement, or any freedom/lower taxes movement that is for illegal immigration, I know business owners that need to have some sort of migrant worker system (our agriculture system) but only because nobody else will do it. But they are for a legal system of ANY sorts, most I know WANT to get illegals out, they tell me criminal illegals cause problems with legals that here, (and with illegals just trying to work).
    Being for legal immigration does not imply being for illegal immigration.
    I think anybody screaming freedom and lower taxes, but is for illegal immigration is sorely mistaken that they can take place.
    A disproportioned amount of our taxes, Federal/State/County/Local go to illegal immigrants through a myriad of costs.
    This is so easy to show, one cannot argue against this point fruitfully.
    BS. There is no job that Americans won't do. If our government would quit allowing people to receive welfare when they could be working then these jobs would be filled.
    "The American people are slow to wrath, but when their wrath is once kindled, it burns like a consuming flame." ~Teddy Roosevelt~

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle-Lover
    Well maybe this isn't clear enough. Not everyone who is against higher taxes sees Illegal Immigration as part of that problem. Some folks only see a narrow view and not a comprehensive picture of a government or political situation. Many do not understand that Illegal Immigration is a big part of the negatives: rising taxes, healthcare, prison populations, drugs, crime etc and other gov't problems we have. They pigeon-hole this issue and cannot see the correlation between it and other problems.
    Does not compute.

Quote Originally Posted by jabwocky
    I don't know ANYBODY I have met in the 912 movement, or any freedom/lower taxes movement that is for illegal immigration, I know business owners that need to have some sort of migrant worker system (our agriculture system) but only because nobody else will do it. But they are for a legal system of ANY sorts, most I know WANT to get illegals out, they tell me criminal illegals cause problems with legals that here, (and with illegals just trying to work).
    Being for legal immigration does not imply being for illegal immigration.
    I think anybody screaming freedom and lower taxes, but is for illegal immigration is sorely mistaken that they can take place.
    A disproportioned amount of our taxes, Federal/State/County/Local go to illegal immigrants through a myriad of costs.
    This is so easy to show, one cannot argue against this point fruitfully.

Grover "open borders" Norquist is the head of the lower taxes movement.....he is a phony and a fake while sucking in conservatives, with his low taxes message
    Deport Now - Get your useless invading rearend out of my country!

Quote Originally Posted by navigeur
    The first letter, in my opinion, was a little abrupt. I have been with ALIPAC for a number of years, and am involved in the tea party movement since its inception on 2/27/2009, and will continue to be. I firmly support both causes, and will, of course, continue to do so.

I am no spokesman, certainly, but the tea party movement does not have one single cause under its umbrella, but, rather, many. Lately, at least in California, it has added a few local concerns. ALIPAC has one, an important one, for sure. I do know, that in my limited experience in 4 tea parties and 1 townhall meeting, immigration has not been at the forefront.

I do know that ALIPAC has interests in other areas and its hands in some, but the focus has been on immigration.

When I read:

"our cause is conspicuously absent from the 9/12 efforts even though we know Glenn Beck is against Amnesty. Or at least he was over the last few years. "

it seems somewhat bitter that there was no recognition or invite.

Personally, Glenn Beck is not a spokesman for the Tea Parties, he does not represent them and this may be one area of misplaced focus. I wouldn't want him to be a spokesman anymore than I would want FOX to be a supporter, necessarily. The movement is headless, without a recognizable leader, and perhaps that's how it should stay.

When I read, "Several of the groups that are featured in the 9/12 events are pro amnesty and are GOP groups that are responsible for the continued invasion of our nation over eight years of the Bush administration. "

it appears to diminish the movement by division, inadvertently.

When I read "We will provide you with more details about that in a few days. "

I am expecting an expose on the movement, to critique it.

In my opinion, I don't think it is the right time to launch an expose a week before 9/12, as any information distributed would only be useful for any opposition, media or otherwise, who might attempt to divide either movement further. I represent only myself when I say this.

When I read

"but it appears some of the top leadership of the 9/12 events are parts of the Open Borders Lobby which is a fusion of Democrat and Republican groups that favor unlimited or barely limited legal and illegal immigration.

I feel that the categorization between Democrat and Republican, even if merged, seems more pronounced that the issues. The partisan divide, again, rears is ugly head.

The tea party movement and ALIPAC are non-partisan, grass-roots movements. In my opinion, it doesn't matter who is Republican or Democrat or Independent or whatever. The issues are the focus.

Besides, you are now talking about a conglomeration of groups, including even the central valley farmers in California, who have teamed up with Republicans, in Sacramento, to fight for water, against environmental regulation. Unheard of.

Should anyone be "excluded" because of their beliefs in causes?

That's a slippery slope and certainly something to think about.
    I did not mean for it to sound bitter.

Just factual.

Hell, I wish they had Roy Beck of Numbers or even Dan Stein from FAIR in this thing. Or how about 9/11 Families for a Secure America?

Not one single group or leader from our movement on the radar yet multiple pro amnesty Open Borders groups and leaders displayed in bright lights.

What other conclusion does this suggest? They included the OBL's but just happened to accidentally leave out their opponents from our team?

I have but one concern and that is winning this battle against illegal immigration and when I see our opponents in the leadership on something like this and our side virtually excluded I'm going to ask questions.

I've been asking those questions and we have found some things out that all you need to know and will know when it is ready for presentation.

W

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast