Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

What?

redpony353 says: I dont perceive Dobbs as being under attack by the opposition.

Here's my partial list of attacks on Lou Dobbs. I'm not exactly a big fan of those doing the attacking, others might disagree.

SOSADFORUS: There are different levels of support:
    1. You can support him for office.
    2. You can support what he supports.
    3. You can defend him against his critics.

Not doing the last is an incredibly bad idea and would cede ground to groups like the NCLR.

It would be possible to improve Dobbs' stance by helping me discredit his critics. If his critics have less power and are marginalized, and if Dobbs is gently pushed back to a better position, he might be able to oppose amnesty completely. If supporting amnesty is discredited as a position, Dobbs would be much less likely to support it then his critics would.[/i]

Withdrawal of Support for Lou Dobbs

All,

I certainly agree that we should not endorse amnesty in any way, shape, or form and do absolutely everything we can to prevent it from happening. However, we should make sure we don't declare war on Lou Dobbs. While I don't necessarily oppose the decision to remove our endorsement, he might still prove to be a useful ally on most of the issues of concern to us. Like I said earlier, I think his stand on interior/workplace enforcement (which he has strongly supported in the past) will be most telling in where he really stands on illegal immigration. The best course of action here is to support him on issues where we agree, and oppose him on those where we disagree. Perhaps he no longer deserves our endorsement, but given his past deeds, we still should show him respect.

Well, after reading the last couple of posts, here's my opinion. Lou Dobbs betrayed our trust and our support after all these years. If he bent on the issue of illegal immigration, it puts him in high risk that he will bend on other issues as well. Lou Dobbs can no longer be trusted, and we already have enough of these kinds of people in Washington, D. C. Sorry, but I'm not willing to take any more chances that this man will stand with the American people on anything.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: ALIPAC Withdraws Support for Lou Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

Americans for Legal Immigration PAC is withdrawing support for Lou Dobbs after years, including the suspension of websites calling on Dobbs to run for President due to the perceived change in Mr. Dobbs's stances on immigration issues.
    GREAT! Thank you!!!
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

I'm a late comer to hearing the Dobb's interview and I withheld my full judgement until I heard it completely. I just finished the second half on YouTube and to be perfectly honest, my head feels like it's spinning right now! I'm almost at a loss for words.

How is it possible that we ALL missed him saying a path to citizenship under certain conditions???? It was at that point where I thought he sounded like a typical politician.

I have to go back and review some of his shows when they were trying to ram that McCain/Kennedy reform bill through. Isn't that where they were saying they would protect the borders first and then give them amnesty? Lou now sounds like he's saying the same thing.

I was very impressed by William. He was forceful yet respectful and didn't back down. Excellent job. I'm just really disappointed at Lou Dobb's. It's like he had a brain transplant! I don't think he fully comprehended how much he was looked up to as an outspoken champion of our cause in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by chloe24
    I'm a late comer to hearing the Dobb's interview and I withheld my full judgement until I heard it completely. I just finished the second half on YouTube and to be perfectly honest, my head feels like it's spinning right now! I'm almost at a loss for words.

How is it possible that we ALL missed him saying a path to citizenship under certain conditions???? It was at that point where I thought he sounded like a typical politician.

I have to go back and review some of his shows when they were trying to ram that McCain/Kennedy reform bill through. Isn't that where they were saying they would protect the borders first and then give them amnesty? Lou now sounds like he's saying the same thing.

I was very impressed by William. He was forceful yet respectful and didn't back down. Excellent job. I'm just really disappointed at Lou Dobb's. It's like he had a brain transplant! I don't think he fully comprehended how much he was looked up to as an outspoken champion of our cause in the media.
    Excellent post, chloe24. And yes, what Lou is saying today is exactly what MdCain/Kennedy had in their Amnesty bill.

You've summed up our feelings to a Tee with "loss for words" and "feel like our head is spinning". Many of us, myself included were in denial for several days until it could not have been made more clear during Lou's interview with William. And yes, William did an excellent, strong yet polite and respectful at all times. I was very impressed by his ability to do that.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ALIPAC WITHDRAWS DOBBS SUPPORT

Thank you William. Thank you for bringing this interview to our attention. Thank you for standing firm with your principles, your conscience and your members. Dobbs needed to realize the path to citizenship for everyone is through legal immigration period. Good riddance to Dobbs and the next amnesty supporter...McCain, who will not win reelection. In fact, he will lose in the primary.

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    This is a great message to the LaRaza crowd, congress and Obama. Even though they say they don't pay any attention to these details, since they seem to think we all a bunch of idiots that they can control for their takeover (LaRaza crowd, congress and Obama), they will take note of this. And, all those cowardly idiots in congress that are on their slippery slope to re-election with listen. We ARE a movement.

WE WANT OUR COUNTRY BACK AND WE WILL NOT SUPPORT ANYONE WHO SELLS US DOWN THE RIVER.

Damn the torpedoes.
    Full Speed Ahead!

All of the herd doesn't make it.

Allen West

I'm just glad I found out what Dobbs really is at the beginning of his political career, not after we helped him win an election.
    Let's not waste time on regrets, let's look for someone who does agree with
    us. We must remain uncompromising.
    There's a retired military officer running for Congress in Florida, his name is Allen West. So far --- he agrees with me on everything. He's a patriot and 100% American and an inspiring speaker. Very important -- he's done tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, dealt with the Muslim jihadis, knows them very well and is not politically correct. He's an intelligent, strong speaker and I'd swear he doesn't use teleprompters. Go to Youtube to hear him speak. There are a number of articles by him also on the Web.
    He was almost cashiered out of the army for being impolite to a turncoat Iraqi policeman, but to me that's a mark in his favor. Nevertheless, he retired when he wanted to, honorably and with a full pension.
    Go to allenwestforcongress.com to read his views on immigration and a host
    of other issues. I sent him $50.

Banned

Who's cheering?

1. I hate to repeat myself, but in situations like this a little nuance would go a long way.

2. You can find a list of those happy about this announcement at google news: link and at digg: link. Click "best match" or "most diggs" at the last link to see another list of Dobbs opponents that it isn't a good idea to help.

3. Here are steps you can take to block amnesty. I posted that to FreeRepublic and other sites starting two or three years ago, and I've gotten almost zero help with it. The first one is the single most effective thing anyone could do and if a top official/represenative were completely discredited on video for Youtube it would send a very loud message.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast