Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

islander, LI is just beautiful, I lived in Connecticut and had relatives in Port Jefferson (not the Hamptons, I know). Harass your House Representative weekly, reiterate to his staff you and ALL of your friends are watching him on HR 4437. Let him or her know in NO uncertain terms a vote for anything BUT enforcement ONLY is a terminal illness to his or her career. Get your friends to call too. I even heard of a group of folks that switched parties so they could vote against the popular candidate on the open borders side in the primary then switched back for November.

As far as those license plates go, you need to start putting pressure on city hall to get the police to clip their wings. The registrations just can't be valid, just think of how many poluting old junkers NY can get off the road that way. The fines and fees could swell the city coffers too! Pick up the phone and start screaming, contact reporters sympethetic to the cause and tell them there is a registration scam going on and they need to get the scoop. The Hartford Courrant used to be quite renegade in that respect, some newspapers LOVE to embarrass public officals! Perhaps contact a local law school, many will provide a list of recent graduates HUNGRY to make a name. Contact them and propose a group or class action suit for accident victims who were damaged by an illegal driver with bogus North Carolina Plates against the local PD and the state of North Carolina.

Movitational song below (Country Music)

(Chad Brock/John Hadley/Kelly Garrett)

You know nothin's gettin' done when talk is all you hear
    Like someone revvin' up a truck never put in gear
    But you don't see a cowboy run his mouth and strut around
    He just takes the bull by the horns and throws him to the ground
    Takin' care of business not just puttin' on a show
    When it gets down to it, everybody knows

It ain't the smoke, it's the fire that gets the burnin' done
    If it wasn't for the bullet, nobody'd fear the gun
    It ain't the bark, it ain't the growl, it's the bite that hurts
    Thunder's just a noise, boys, lightnin' does the work

You can talk about the farm or you can plow the ground
    Argue with a rusty nail or hammer it on down
    You can stand there in the dark cussin' at the night
    Or you can just reach out your hand and turn on the light
    There ain't no limit in this life to how far you can get
    But if you're goin' all the way you gotta break a sweat
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Defens
    islander, LI is just beautiful, I lived in Connecticut and had relatives in Port Jefferson (not the Hamptons, I know). Harass your House Representative weekly, reiterate to his staff you and ALL of your friends are watching him on HR 4437. Let him or her know in NO uncertain terms a vote for anything BUT enforcement ONLY is a terminal illness to his or her career. Get your friends to call too. I even heard of a group of folks that switched parties so they could vote against the popular candidate on the open borders side in the primary then switched back for November.

As far as those license plates go, you need to start putting pressure on city hall to get the police to clip their wings. The registrations just can't be valid, just think of how many poluting old junkers NY can get off the road that way. The fines and fees could swell the city coffers too! Pick up the phone and start screaming, contact reporters sympethetic to the cause and tell them there is a registration scam going on and they need to get the scoop. The Hartford Courrant used to be quite renegade in that respect, some newspapers LOVE to embarrass public officals! Perhaps contact a local law school, many will provide a list of recent graduates HUNGRY to make a name. Contact them and propose a group or class action suit for accident victims who were damaged by an illegal driver with bogus North Carolina Plates against the local PD and the state of North Carolina.

Movitational song below (Country Music)

(Chad Brock/John Hadley/Kelly Garrett)

You know nothin's gettin' done when talk is all you hear
    Like someone revvin' up a truck never put in gear
    But you don't see a cowboy run his mouth and strut around
    He just takes the bull by the horns and throws him to the ground
    Takin' care of business not just puttin' on a show
    When it gets down to it, everybody knows

It ain't the smoke, it's the fire that gets the burnin' done
    If it wasn't for the bullet, nobody'd fear the gun
    It ain't the bark, it ain't the growl, it's the bite that hurts
    Thunder's just a noise, boys, lightnin' does the work

You can talk about the farm or you can plow the ground
    Argue with a rusty nail or hammer it on down
    You can stand there in the dark cussin' at the night
    Or you can just reach out your hand and turn on the light
    There ain't no limit in this life to how far you can get
    But if you're goin' all the way you gotta break a sweat
    I've had police directly tell my face that as long as it is legally registered that it's perfectly legal and there's nothing they can do. And that if I directly ask the person that the person would either assault me or file a harassment complaint aganist me.

All they care is that it's a "legal" registration. Anything after that doesn't matter. Even though the law says the contrary.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

I've had police directly tell my face that as long as it is legally registered that it's perfectly legal and there's nothing they can do. And that if I directly ask the person that the person would either assault me or file a harassment complaint aganist me.
    Next time you can be ready with the NY states regulations requiring resident to register their cars in NY state:

Definition of a Resident:

If you become a resident of NYS, you must exchange your driver license and vehicle registration from another state for a NYS driver license and vehicle registration within 30 days. If you have a driver license from another state, you must get a driver license from NYS within 30 days after you become a resident of NYS. If you have a vehicle registration from another state, you must get a vehicle registration from NYS within 30 days after you become a resident of NYS.

Section 250 (5) of the Vehicle and Traffic Law defines the term "resident." The law defines a resident as a person who lives in NYS with the intent to make NYS a "fixed and permanent" place to live. To live in a house, a home, an apartment, a room or other similar place in NYS for 90 days is considered "presumptive evidence" that you are a resident of NYS. A police officer can use this evidence as the reason to issue a traffic ticket if you drive in NYS without a driver license or vehicle registration issued by NYS.

A judge considers the law and the evidence of your intent and decides if you are a resident of NYS. For example, if you pay taxes or your children attend school in another state, a judge considers these facts to decide if your intent is to make NYS a "fixed and permanent" residence. The DMV will not decide if you are a resident of NYS, if you must get a NYS driver license, or if you must register your vehicle in NYS.

Requirements to register car IN state if your a resident:

If you are a not a resident of NYS, a vehicle registration from your state of residence is valid in NYS. If you become a resident of NYS, you have 30 days after you become a resident to register your vehicle in NYS. If you are a resident of NYS and you get a vehicle from another state, you must register the vehicle in NYS.

I know of no state in the entire country that does NOT have similar requirements, your Police Dept just doesn't have the waybos to deal with it. Your Mayor should know he will be held accountable at the next election! You might also try filing a complaint with the NY State Police, just to go up the ladder. Send the complaint letter certified, return receipt.

Superintendent Wayne E. Bennett
    New York State Police
    1220 Washington Avenue
    Building 22
    Albany, NY 12226-2252

Let him know of your concerns over the lack of enforcement of New York's registration requirements and how your local poiice just can't seem to do anything about it!
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234