Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oh and I have emailed this to our son who is a sous chef in a prestigious restaurant in Las Vegas. Word spreads folks, you want to insult us, we'll spread the word, and where it counts.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just re-read the alleged apology, and got something completely different the second time around. I have a love of the English language, and often I can find different meanings in the same phraseology. let me know what you think.

As a global company, we recognize that people in different parts of the world may lend different perspectives or interpret our ads in a
    different way than was intended in that market, and for that we
    apologize.
    As a global company, we recognize that people in different parts of the world may lend different perspectives or interpret our ads in a
    different way than was intended in that market

ok, they recognize people can look at things in different ways.

[and for that we apologize.

They were not apologizing for the ad at all, they were saying they were sorry WE DIDN'T LIKE IT. It wasn't that they were wrong, but that we looked at things different than they do in Mexico. They were apologizing that we were not looking at it the same way we would if we were MEXICAN.

My husband HATES it when I dissect things like this. Do you think I am crazy or did I hit the nail on the head.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hmmmm...in order to appeal to MY sensibilities-I'd like to see an ad with all the illegals crossing the border into mexico on thier way home!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You're right Cayla99.

So William what is your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Hmmmm...in order to appeal to MY sensibilities-I'd like to see an ad with all the illegals crossing the border into mexico on thier way home!
    That's good "Absolut World" Do you think they'll put it on a billboard. Or do you think they might be afraid to offend the nation of Mexico???????? DUH

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    I just re-read the alleged apology, and got something completely different the second time around. I have a love of the English language, and often I can find different meanings in the same phraseology. let me know what you think.

apologize.

They were not apologizing for the ad at all, they were saying they were sorry WE DIDN'T LIKE IT. It wasn't that they were wrong, but that we looked at things different than they do in Mexico. They were apologizing that we were not looking at it the same way we would if we were MEXICAN.

My husband HATES it when I dissect things like this. Do you think I am crazy or did I hit the nail on the head.
    You hit the nail on the head.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    I agree, now that would be an apology I would accept lololol

oh, I love your signature too
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

clearly

Their ad clearly celebrated the Mexican conquest of the Western US, their excuses that it didn't "mean" anything political are bull****. Ad agencies and the media know exactly what they are doing-look how they nixed Ron Paul out of contention.

One Less Absolut Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Quote Originally Posted by cayla99

apologize.

You hit the nail on the head.
    And so did you miguelina.

Nice interpretation cayla99. I like your ear.

Before companys do a marketing campaign targeting a specific area they do a lot of tests and research. They are in the business to make money not lose it. It is hard for me to believe this reaction was not expected.

We have a lot of rogue politicans pushing for a certain ethnic group so why not have a rogue marketing person.

Hey rogue is my new code word; figure it out!!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast