Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Contact information for Absolut:

Jeffrey Moran
    Director of Public Relations and Events
    The Absolut Spirits Company, Inc.
    1370 Avenue of the Americas
    New York, NY 10019
    USA
    Phone, direct: +1 212 641 87 20
    E-mail: jeffrey.moran@absolut.com

What if we had a list of all 50 states, and we signed up for the state we lived in and we each contacted at least 10 bars/nightclubs in our states?

Don't we need to really hit the bars in order to get Absolut to feel anything?

http://illegalprotest.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SarahPorter
    Also, I meant to add that I've read a lot of blogs on other sites recently, and several people feel that this ad is an Act of War.
    I think a whole lot of things happening in Mexico, particularly by the government is an Act of War. However, OUR government seems to think it is Hunky Dory
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    OUTRAGEOUS!!!! Absolut needs to know how Americans feel about this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SarahPorter
    What if we had a list of all 50 states, and we signed up for the state we lived in and we each contacted at least 10 bars/nightclubs in our states?

Don't we need to really hurt the bars in order to get Absolut to feel anything?

http://illegalprotest.com/
    Hubby already emailed copies to a few of his favorite old Irish pubs in San Francisco. Seemingly, the illegal Irish in that city want to be illegal in the US not Mexico, so they are not real happy with this either .
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My wife has heard Mexicans say they will take back part of the USA
    They believe it belongs to them – they are full of crap

Quote Originally Posted by Tex_2585_8538
    Your wife has heard correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex_2585_8538
    I've heard ma ny Mexicans(illegals) say the same thing....this was when I lived in SoCalf.
    ------------------------

I would say that their assertion that their product is marketed relative to their environment and demographic actually serves to further many of our claims. There are several reasons for this. But I would say first and foremost that I am sure that a portion of their marketing idea was to create publicity in the general sense, benefitting from the bad fallout and opposition. Since there is truly no bad publicity I believe that Absoute's intent was to get attention, but to also see if they were able to obtain a new demographic out of the controversy.

Business and marketing ventures are very careful and seldom wreckless. But here is where this ad benefits us. We frequently hear from the main stream media and from demagogues on the left that we (opposition to illegal immigration) have made up the silly notion of reconquista. Infact I have heard Geraldo state this several times. If that were the case, and there was no notion of reconquista intent, or the mythical homeland of Atzlan, or if illegal aliens from Mexico had not made this assertion then how would the marketing folk at Absolut have come up with this idea? The fact is that because they considered this as a marketing ploy, it must be fairly evident and available. This absolut ad does nothing more than to prove the intnetions of illegal aliens from Mexico. Their intentions are so strong that a vodka company, whose primary demographic does not include them found out that this feeling was so strong amoungst them they would include it in an ad! No more saying that this idea of aztlan is imaginary.

Secondly, I would say that the era of Brittany Spears marketing stunts is dying. We should both mention to them we will not buy their product and that we will speak of it in negative terms. It would be important to not speak of it in regards to this incident, but rather to paint upon them negative stereotypes. If attention is what they want, we will give it to them, just not as they planned. Next time I am having a drink with friends, I will do something like:

Order an absolut drink, then quickly cancel it. "You know what, never mind with the absolut, let me have a different vodka for that. (to friend nearby) It just came out that absolut came into being as a result of nazi gold. Their founders profited from the holocaust. Don't want to drink that stuff." I will mention it in a negative context so often that it will become absolut. At every turn I will suggest other than absolut and tack on a quick negative, but I will never mention this debacle. I won't let them profit from such overt hate. We shouldn't give them attention via word of mouth, but we should let them know of our displeasure. I am sure that my earnings are greater than their racist aztaln demographic, they won''t get my business at all and I will let them know it. In fact I will practice this tommorrow evening. People in Seattle are perceptive to this word of mouth activism.

This is a form of racism, this absolut ad. It would be like the ads in the 20's and 30's that showed Black Americans in a negative light, in steretypical form. Absolut has demonstrated and Absolut hatred of Americans and apparently they are not too fond of our money.

[quote="Chosen"]

Business and marketing ventures are very careful and seldom wreckless. But here is where this ad benefits us. We frequently hear from the main stream media and from demagogues on the left that we (opposition to illegal immigration) have made up the silly notion of reconquista. Infact I have heard Geraldo state this several times. If that were the case, and there was no notion of reconquista intent, or the mythical homeland of Atzlan, or if illegal aliens from Mexico had not made this assertion then how would the marketing folk at Absolut have come up with this idea? The fact is that because they considered this as a marketing ploy, it must be fairly evident and available. This absolut ad does nothing more than to prove the intentions of illegal aliens from Mexico. Their intentions are so strong that a vodka company, whose primary demographic does not include them found out that this feeling was so strong amongst them they would include it in an ad! No more saying that this idea of Aztlan is imaginary.

This is the most salient of all points. How does a Swedish company come up with this idea if it isn't there within the Mexican culture and within their agenda.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast