Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican Consulate possibly in Boise, ID

I will be working on Indiana this afternoon.

I spent all morning emailing Senator Crapo's staffer (US Senate) and Senator Fulcher (Idaho Senate) about the Mexican consulate opening in Boise. Here is Senator Fulcher's response (just in):

Thanks XXX
    It was a pleasure meeting you and [my hubby] as well! You added much to our meeting.

I have a meeting with Rep Sali next Tuesday. I will be discussing the potential Mexican consulate with him. [Rep. Sali is my congressman in the US House!! His NumbersUSA immigration report card is an A!]

Unfortunately I will not get to see my family much today. If I am lucky I will get out of here in time to have dinner with them?

Thanks again
    Russ Fulcher

>>> "XXXX" <XXXX@XXXX.XXX> 2/14/2008 9:58 AM >>>
    Hi Senator Fulcher!

Happy Valentines Day to you and your beautiful family. It was really great meeting you in the townhall meeting. Wish we had more time to talk though.

I should have sent this to you first before my email of yesterday (the one to Jillian at Sen. Crapo's office). This will explain why I emailed her. I got it from a friend in CDA [That would be YOU, Sosad! ]. Hmmm, I just noticed now that the date is 2003. Is that an error or has this been going on this long??

Press Release of Senator Crapo

Crapo to Discuss Mexican Consulate, DNA Rape Bill, Wind Power, Rural Health Spending

Friday, February 14, 2003

Washington, DC - Idaho Senator Mike Crapo begins a week of travel across Idaho tonight as the Senate begins the traditional February Lincoln Day state work period. Crapo's schedule includes a visit with Mexican Consulate Martin Torres to discuss establishing a consulate office for Mexico in the Treasure Valley

Several weeks ago, I also emailed the Mayor of Boise about this. I never got a reply. Not even a "Thank you for your concern."

Anyway, if I can help you in anyway regarding this (research, phone calls, emails), please let me know. I have many friends who want to help too. [That's you Alipacers! ]

BTW!! Just learned that Indiana's Senate just passed SB 335, patterned after OK's illegal immigration law (that's the copy I gave you at the townhall meeting). It is now in House Committee on Public Policy for first reading. Here is the link to its latest printing (pdf):

HYPERLINK http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/200 ... 0335.2.pdf
    http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/200 ... 0335.2.pdf

Idaho better hurry up and get our bill going too, don't you think?
    Ok, I better go now. Have a wonderful day with your wife and kids!

XXXX
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Hey folks, some not so great news on the UT end, Huntsman is threatning to veto both bills and the Senate wants to delay voting until they can have a "study" done on the impact of illegal immigration in UT.

I have posted some good articles up on this KSL site, but if you guys want to post up there as well, I would most appreciate it!

I know many of us have good articles to rebutt their non-sense.

You do have to sign up in order to post, but you will see my post right at the top.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=238&sid=2665164
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

OK "sippy" just got my confirmation back so I can post a comment!!!

Immigration Task Force
    February 15th, 2008 @ 5:30am
    If passing a measure that would establish a task force to study the issue would slow down the anti-immigration steam roller that is rumbling through Utah's Capitol Hill, then KSL is all for it.

Senate Bill 97 would launch an intense and objective interim study of most of the hot-button immigration issues currently being debated, and how they affect Utah. The bill calls for the study to be completed by November 30 of this year.

The measure received strong support earlier this week from Utah's business, manufacturing, and agricultural communities. They're concerned, with justification, that much of the state-based immigration reform that's under consideration could have an unintended negative effect on the state's economy.

KSL agrees!

We also agree that something needs to be done to stem of the tide of illegal immigration into the United States. Politicians, of course, are feeling the heat as their constituents clamor for action. But, beyond all of the emotion and the rhetoric is the reality of the significant impact immigrant labor, both legal and illegal, has on the local and national economies.

When it comes to immigration reform, sensible heads need to prevail. Passage of Senate Bill 97 would help that to happen.
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=238&sid=2665164

...............EMERGENCY ALERT" 2/15................
    PLEASE help take Action!!! NOW "Indiana"
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-103828.html
    STILL WORKING ON UTAH....ALSO
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-103479.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    Thanks for all the great work on Utah and Indiana!!! Please KEEP it up Patriots!!!

WE ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!!!

Ok my comment came up!! I said the word "damn" and they edited it and put ( no swearing please)

WAY TO GO EVERYONE LETS KEEP AT EM!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Ok my comment came up!! I said the word "damn" and they edited it and put ( no swearing please)

WAY TO GO EVERYONE LETS KEEP AT EM!!!
    I saw yours up there SoSad, and yes, they do love to have an obsurd clean posting.
    They even get mad if you do all caps! Freaks.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I haven't done any posting today (I have the flu- both kids have it too

BUT I have sent some emails (Utah and Indiana) and I have a friend (w/Vonage ) that will be making calls this weekend since the talking thing isn't working out for me too well right now. She doesn't mind leaving voice mails so I faxed her a 'script' and the contact info.

What have I missed? Any updated news on Utah? Indiana? I just havent' felt like reading thru all the stuff on here tonight to find out....

April
    Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    I haven't done any posting today (I have the flu- both kids have it too

BUT I have sent some emails (Utah and Indiana) and I have a friend (w/Vonage ) that will be making calls this weekend since the talking thing isn't working out for me too well right now. She doesn't mind leaving voice mails so I faxed her a 'script' and the contact info.

What have I missed? Any updated news on Utah? Indiana? I just havent' felt like reading thru all the stuff on here tonight to find out....
    Thanks so much for your dedication Florgal!!! I am sorry to hear that you and your children are sick! Take it easy you can catch up later!!!

Positive Reinforcement :-)

Quote Originally Posted by April
    I had to leave voicemails for quite a few of them as well. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK smcpatrick and EVERYONE!!!
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. I know it isn't a lot. Most work fulltime and then some but getting out some emails and phone calls is something I can get in on. I hope it is working.

I hope everybody is doing great and that we're getting things moving despite the lack of (useful) media coverage.

Just a concern

From my calling OR and UT, I printed out the list of reps. If asked where I lived, I just gave them the county/city of the rep I was calling. Hehehehe. If asked for a specific address or phone number, I just said I would prefer to keep that private for personal reasons.

Ok, I went even further and when calling a Dem, I said I was a registered Dem. How are they gonna check? They're not. They don't do that. (I'm an independent btw)
    Why the deception?

When I called and spoke with Utah reps I told them who I was and where I was calling from. Are you saying that by being upfront, I am losing impact?

I think it says more when Reps. realize you are calling from another state. I think it let's them know that the whole country is paying attention to what is going on in their backyard so to speak so I say be upfront about who you are and where you are calling from.

What could it hurt?

I understand that they ask for contact information so they can write you back. When I post concerns on Congress.org, I have to put my contact information and usually I get a letter of response or an email. For example, David Vitter (LA) has been good about keeping people up to date on his stances on immigration.

I don't think our Reps. are going to "retaliate" if they have our contact information and know who we are when we call. After all we have that information from them in the first place. Call me naive but that's the way I see it.

Don't be shy, I say

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast