Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by April
    His reality check is coming to him soon, he will realize that he is at the bottom of a garbage heap of his own making. His sanity appears to have been gone for a very long time. His power and control issues are the final nail in is coffin.
    April-

I hope you are right! This whole thing scares me very much.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

[/b]
    Donone, working hard to kick illegal aliens out of the U.S.A.
    I suggest:If you want the real story about Jim Gilchrist and Mike Huckabee, go to this website:
    Watchdog.America.com

The good thing about Gilchrist's public meltdown is that it is a good sign that he and Huckabee are losing.

In my experiences, people unwind and do crazy stuff when they feel a big loss is inevitable.

So cheer up folks, what you are seeing and hearing from Jim Gilchrist may very well be the Huckabee crash!

I've never seen a status quo that was once in the command chair go down without a lot of strange kicking and screaming.

I am heartened by what I'm hearing, because in the past this was a signal of the fall of the opponents.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Jim, many of your emails claim we are "drinking the kool-aid". Exactly what do you mean by this rhetorical nonsense?
    Your gross and immature bashing of Brook Young is appauling to say the least.

And you endorsed chuckabee??? ARE YOU INSANE?

You are either an idiot or have a serious chemical imbalance (or both) for endorsing huckabee.
    You claim your endorsement of illegal lover chuckabee took you six weeks. Well your researching skills need to be improved because I spent less than half that time and found more info regarding chuckabee's immigration stance than you obviously did during your six weeks.

If you are even somewhat serious about the illegal immigration problem, you would not be endorsing SUCKABEE for president.

Please remove "Founder and President" from your email signature because you are no longer president of ANY Minuteman group and are not worthy of the title either.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Let me extend a warm welcome to all the newer posters here!
    It's great to see you stop by and jump right in - welcome aboard!

W: I agree with your intuition here. Similar public 'rattlings' have taken place every time a big piece of legislation goes in front of Congress and then falls on it's face (then, think of the troll activity before/during/after here on the boards - they seem to come 'out of the woodwork' and just self-implode most of the time...

A lesson that most everyone here has learned that Gilchrist still has yet to [apparently]... is the value of working together to win the battle.
    We spend enough energy in dealing with the opposed groups, why add to the burden with a bunch of needless infighting?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gilcrest email

Obviously Gilchrist is sick. He needs help. If Huckabee has any credibility and wants to be a viable candidate, he should distance himself from him. In my opinion, they are birds of a feather.

mad

"The Constitution is just a G** damn piece of paper!&qu

I am shocked at sippy's signature:
    ""The Constitution is just a G** damn piece of paper!" George W. Bush, President and scumbag.'

I was all prepared to add my two cents on the Jim Gilchrest outrage when you stopped me dead in my tracks with that one. I admit President Bush let me (us) down on his immigration stance and one or two other things, but where would we be if John (swiftboat) Kerry had won the election?

I need to know where you got your quote, when, etc? I must see this for myself because I've met the man twice and don't believe he would say such a thing.
    "The founder's version: In Article I, Sect. 8, only Congress has the power to declare war, "War Powers Act" ...unless it is in the absolute bona fide defense of this country's borders."

Re: "The Constitution is just a G** damn piece of paper

Quote Originally Posted by mad
    I am shocked at sippy's signature:
    ""The Constitution is just a G** damn piece of paper!" George W. Bush, President and scumbag.'

I was all prepared to add my two cents on the Jim Gilchrest outrage when you stopped me dead in my tracks with that one. I admit President Bush let me (us) down on his immigration stance and one or two other things, but where would we be if John (swiftboat) Kerry had won the election?

I need to know where you got your quote, when, etc? I must see this for myself because I've met the man twice and don't believe he would say such a thing.

Bush on the Constitution: 'It's just a goddamned piece of paper'
    http://www.gnn.tv/threads/10799/Bush_on ... e_of_paper

Snopes Message Board
    http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=2348

W

I don't care who started this mess!

The following is an e-mail that I sent to Mr. Gilchrist earlier today. However; I would urge all the "so-called" leaders in the border security/immigration enforcement movement to read this as though addressed to them. I am deeply troubled by the "in-fighting" I'm seeing. I fear it will diminish our message and derail all the good work we've accomplished. If Mr. Gilchrist has truly "wandered off the reservation", it serves little purpose for others to enter a shooting, flaming, claim and counter-claim conflagration with him. Plain and simple, minimizing exposure and marginalizing the harm his antics might cause would seem to be the best approach. It matters not if Jim insults and vilifies others if no one is listening to him. In short, lets just stop giving the man a platform. The damage that this petty squabbling could do to our cause should be of utmost concern to everyone involved. In my personal opinion, none of these groups should be actively supporting a candidate. Indeed, 501C3 regulations (for organizations that fall under that rubric) would preclude such activism on behalf of any candidate. Indeed, the objective should be to inform the public, and serve as guidance for candidates and elected officials in implementing the "will of America's Citizens" in securing our border and enforcing our immigration laws.

Dear Jim;
    With all the acrimony and sniping on various websites and in the media, the vast number of e-mails claiming this or counter-claiming that, I am struck by how little you in the forefront of immigration reform appreciate how much damage you are all doing to the cause. I don't care who started this mess, and I really don't want to know who said what to whom. For the first time in decades, we the people have a chance at attaining true, meaningful, positive immigration reform. We have an opportunity to attain immigration policy based on the "will of the people", and not the whims of cheap labor interests, religious opportunists, and predatory, self serving bureaucrats. It would be a monumental disaster for all of us in the "reform movement" to allow all our hard work to be squandered on something that amounts to little more than a childish "egotistical pissing contest". Personally, It's my view that any of the movement leaders who actively "advocate for a candidate", rather than simply advocate for specific policies, have transgressed the bounds of trust that we, the rank and file citizens have placed in them. Just as many may find reason to support a candidate, there will be many who can find reason to oppose a candidate. Our cause, our goals, the future of this nations immigration policy are far too important to be squandered in support of one fallible candidate. Rather the purpose of our efforts has, and should continue to be to assert "the will of America's Citizens" as guidance for all candidates, legislators, and bureaucrats on the issues of border security and immigration policy. Thus far, our movement has been successful in that so many candidates now realize the political touchstone that immigration policy has become!

Indeed, anyone in the "enforcement focused" immigration reform movement who advocates for or recommends a particular candidate diminishes the diversity and inclusiveness essential to advancing our cause. In a nutshell, doing so makes you (and anyone else in the movement) no better than those who oppose us, the open borders crowd! I despair that my words to all of you in the "so-called" leadership of the movement can be persuaded to set aside your petty egos for the greater good (and that, most of all, reflects poorly on the rest of us who truly believe, calling into question our judgment) in the cause of returning to a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Please, for the sake of the cause, for the sake of securing our borders and implementing and enforcing sane, responsible immigration policies, reconsider your position, tone down the rhetoric, and for once, all of you, remember whats at stake! If our movement is to survive, someone in a position of leadership is going to have to sacrifice their ego, set aside self interest, and take the high road. It matters little whether you were instrumental in founding this or that organization. It won't matter a rat's ass how much money organizations have at their disposal, if this constant in-fighting derails support for our cause! The corrupting influence of power and guidance by childish individual ego and personalities must not be allowed to damage and diminish all that so many of us have worked for.

Leaders of this, our new American Revolution must needs be made of sterner stuff if we are to secure our borders, enforce our laws, and retain our sovereignty! Certainly you are entitled to your opinion and your preference of candidates. However; I would urge you to make an effort to separate your personal "voting preferences" from the Minutemen as an organization, and clarify the perception that you, in any way, represent the political preferences of our movement. Informed adults can and will make their own individual choices when it's time to vote, regardless of your recommendations! The case may be that Governor Huckabee will be the choice of a majority of voters. His recent "coming to Jesus" regarding some points of immigration policy are to be commended. However; it's divisive and reckless to assert that your "personal" support for a candidate is in any way representative of the views of a majority involved in our movement, or that Huckabee and his policies are best for this nation. Regardless of your personal views, and any assurances that Governor Huckabee may have provided, there remain substantial, valid, troubling questions and concerns over what his policies truly are. Indeed; it seems peculiarly short sighted to vest your considerable "political capital" in any candidate, especially one who's history on immigration policy might (at best) be considered "spotty". That so many in leadership positions within our fledgling movement have allowed their petty egos to damage this opportunity is truly tragic. It's time for everyone involved to step back, sit down, and think about the consequences before firing another shot! You, all of you, will not be judged or remembered for "the candidate you chose to back", but rather, all of you will be held accountable if our movement fails and the will of America's Citizens is usurped. To be blunt you, and everyone else out there who participates in this continuing battle of destructive claim and counter claim, need to grow up! The fate of this nation, and generations of American's are in your hands. If none of you have the courage or vision to lead, there is no shame to stepping aside for the greater good!

Respectfully

name and address withheld by author.

Sounds like Jim is having a mental meltdown...
    A shame that he's been co-opted by the other side!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast