Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WHY, NO, SENATOR MCCARTHY

Dear Mr. Gheen:

Wow. Do you really believe everything on the internet??? You had all Thanksgiving break to come up with something, and this was the best you could do?

First, let me just say thank you. It's been a few years since anyone lobbed the communism charge at me (last time I think it was membership coordinator of the neo-Nazi group, the National Alliance). These funny remarks make me laugh every time someone makes the accusation.

I find it so comical that I have a whole wall of these allegations we keep in our archive room. Usually the responses include a few more spelling errors, many more exclamation marks, and much more "colorful" language, but you've got the spirit.

Congratulations, you've made it onto the wall. Your reply will appear along side the threatening emails from violent neo-Nazis, nasty screeds from white power skinheads, accusations about CNC being Jewish controlled by Holocaust Deniers, communist hunting Klansmen, and others who are all utterly convinced that we're a bunch of flaming pinko commies (among other things).

You'd think that if I was this huge pinko commie that perhaps the FBI, or any of 68 police departments, or the National Association of State Judicial Educators, or the United States Navy, or the Ontario Provincial Police, or the Pacific Northwest License, Tax, & Fraud Association, or the German Government, or the US Marshals Service, or the Justice Department, or various other government agencies I've worked with over the last decade would have figured out this dirty little secret that you were able to "research" in about 2 seconds with a Google search.

Funny, because all those groups have sought me out to consult with them, as well as having me do trainings and presentations for their organizations.

Do you think these organizations don't vet their consultants? Or are all of these organizations part of the international communist conspiracy, too?They're all cogs in "la Reconquista?"

Or maybe it's the American Jewish Committee, the United Church of Christ, the United Methodist Church, the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America, the archdiocese of the Catholic Church, the Presbyterians, the Disciples of Christ, etc. that have all been duped, too? Are they part of the communist conspiracy, too? Are they part of "la Reconquista?" because I work closely with all of them.

You would think that the Washington Post, the New York Times, the Chicago Tribune, the L.A. Times, the Kansas City Star, the Salt Lake Tribune, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, the Dallas Morning News, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNBC, CNN, BBC, NPR, heck even FOX News, would have been able to figure out this little secret.

But instead of contacting me to ask about my alleged communist connections, they've relied upon me for research, analysis, and expertise. Let me guess, they're all part of the communist conspiracy, too?

Ironically, I think if you'll keep searching the internet, you'll find a number of Left groups attacking me for being "centrist," "status quo" and "a tool of the State."

While I would never put myself in the same category as such a great man, I guess you could say that I'm about as much of a communist as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Our organization very much tries to continue in the civil rights tradition. If you want to call that communist, so be it. (FYI, I haven't been to the Highlander School, yet, though I plan on going one day. I thought you might want to know, just in case you plan on lobbing the same stale charge against me that the Ku Klux Klan did against Dr. King).

On the other side of things, let's take a look at the organizational company you're keeping when you use thoroughly discredited material from a figure like Wilcox. A simple Google search brings up the following organizations using the same material you cite - all on the first page of the search!

. American Renaissance - see previous post - http://www.amren.com/998issue/998issue.html
    . David Irving - British Holocaust Denier presently jailed in Austria - http://www.fpp.co.uk/docs/CDR/Levitas2.html
    . The Nationalist Movement - a small Mississippi-based white nationalist outfit - http://www.nationalist.org/ATW/1991/nov.html
    . The John Birch Society - - http://www.thenewamerican.com/tna/20...7_patriots.htm
    . The Vanguard News Network - another neo-Nazi outfit - http://www.vanguardnewsnetwork.com/letters194.htm

That's who relies on the nonsense you're regurgitating here. I suggest you examine the source of the materials you use before you try attacking someone again. It just makes you look desperate, and only increases the skepticism over your claims about racism.

Attack me all you like, Mr. Gheen, but you still can't answer the facts. It's a fact that your largest donor participates on the white nationalist American Renaissance website. It's a fact that you won't do anything about it. It's a fact that your byline appears on the white nationalist website VDARE, and you won't do anything about it. It's a fact that you've regurgitated the racist "Reconquista" conspiracy theory and have admitted such. It's a fact that you've shared the stage with hatemongers like Barbara Coe, and that you won't take responsibility for that.

You see, Mr. Gheen, there is a real world beyond your little virtual community of xenophobes. You can continue deluding yourself by sitting around in your little room believing every conspiracy you read on the Internet. You can internet bash on immigrants all day long, but in the real world there are real people looking for real solutions.

Sincerely,

Devin Burghart
    Director, Building Democracy Initiative
    Center for New Community
    http://www.buildingdemocracy.org

Dear “Bootsie�:

Thank you for proving my point. My argument was that it’s possible for an organization to take xenophobic positions no matter what the composition of the membership. Many of the articles and other posts on the ALI-PAC website fail to distinguish between documented and undocumented immigrants. There are a multitude of expressions of xenophobia on the ALI-PAC website – including your post to me.

As I mentioned in my earlier post to Mr. Gheen, “English as the official language� has absolutely nothing to do with the documentation status of immigrants. Therefore, Mr. Gheen’s point is proven false.

It has everything to do with making government less accessible to those who don’t speak English – including documented immigrants, refugees, asylum seekers, etc. Or is it that, like Mr. Gheen, you’re suggesting that ALI-PAC stands for “legal immigrants as long as they speak English?� Bootsie, are you leading the charge to change the name of the organization to “Americans for Legal English-Speaking Immigration PAC?�

You state that you “have never seen any OTHER immigrant come here and expect us to provide everything for them in THEIR languages or to TEACH their CULTURES in our SCHOOLS.� By “OTHER,� and “THEIR� to whom are you referring?

While you assert that it isn’t, I think you’ll find most people find your comment both racist and offensive. It is “AMERICA� only in your mind.

It ranks up with your other comments, such as “Didn't see but two Hispanics and I STARED at them because they were speaking GUESS WHAT???? I JUST GLARED.� (http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-12607-da...erasc-120.html, Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:07 pm). You chose to single out those two individuals because of the color of their skin and the language they were speaking, not their documentation status. That’s racism.

Will Mr. Gheen be holding you accountable for your posting such racism on his discussion board? We’ll see… If he doesn’t, all those comments about patrolling the ALI-PAC website for racism are disingenuous.

We’ve compiled a thorough list of anti-immigrant posts that target Latinos but make no reference to documentation status. It’s a very lengthy list. You’ve complained that my posts are too long, so I’ll hold on to it for now, but I would be happy to post the list if people are interested in seeing it.

When you stated that you “will not sit back silently and watch my country dissolve into a country where 40 different languages are spoken,� you might want to know that you’re too late – over two centuries too late. There have been many more than 40 languages spoken in the United States for many, many years.

English is not and has never been the exclusive language of the United States. Since colonial days, languages other than English have been used publicly, privately, and quasi-officially. The founding fathers did not support English as the official language, nor has the US Supreme Court. The Court has commented that

“The protection of the Constitution extends to all, -- to those who speak other languages as well as to those born with English on their tongue. Perhaps it would be highly advantageous if all had ready understanding of our ordinary speech, but this cannot be coerced by methods which conflict with the Constitution, -- a desirable end cannot be promoted by a prohibited means.� Meyers v Nebraska, 1923

Other than to penalize and exclude non-anglophone speakers from society, what is the point of English as the official language? English as the official language violates the core democratic principles that made this country great.

While we’re at it, let’s dispel the myth of monolingualism. There are no monolingual nation-states today. And contrary to the myth of Babel, “plurilingualism may always have been the basic human condition.� (Calvert 1987, 32: Guy 1989, 153)

The attempt to use English as the official language to push immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers back into the shadows by denying basic language rights not only would be a harm to the Constitution, it would be harmful to society. Denial of minority language rights can increase resentment and cause divisiveness. It is also perceived as discrimination.

Thirdly, designating English as official language will do little to accelerate the learning of English (if that is your goal). Just look around. Right now, with no English as an official language amendment, we can’t keep up with the demand for adult English classes. This is true in states that have English as the official language legislation and those states that do not. There is overwhelming evidence that new immigrants (documented and undocumented) want to learn English. Additionally, the children of non-anglophone immigrants in the United States continue to abandon their native tongues in favor of English. Unless you plan on some serious ethnic cleansing (i.e. the extermination of some Native American languages) the historical evidence from around the globe indicates that an official language won’t blot out the other languages you seem so intent on eliminating.

Finally, you claim that, “This country would be a MESS if everyone who had ever come here LEGALLY from other countries refused to speak our language and EXPECTED, as the Mexicans appear to do, US to tailor everything written in our country to THEIR language.�

The idea that people are refusing to learn English is not supported by the facts. In fact, all the traditional indicators -- English-language acquisition, workforce participation, homeownership, military service, civic participation, and intermarriage -- make it clear that immigrants continue to do what they have always done: become Americans relatively quickly.

Despite the myth that our immigrant grandparents and great-grandparents adopted the language without much trouble and without any help, history shows that most groups followed a 3-generation pattern, in which the immigrant adults learned enough English to get by, their children were bilingual with English as the dominant language, and their grandchildren, largely, spoke English only.

As for today's immigrants, there appears to be no cause for worry. According to the 2000 census, of the people who report speaking Spanish at home, 72 percent also report speaking English "well" or "very well." This proportion for speakers of Asian languages is more than 77 percent. The research on the second and third generations consistently shows adherence to the three-generation pattern.

A recent report on language assimilation by the Lewis Mumford Center for Comparative Urban and Regional Research, found that the second generation is largely bilingual; 92 percent of the Hispanics speak English "well," as do 96 percent of the Asians, though most also speak another language at home. The third generation generally speaks English only.

So, “Bootsie,� what’s the real issue here?

Sincerely,

Devin Burghart
    Center for New Community
    www.buildingdemocracy.org

I stopped reading about mid-way down but I will ask you one question. How many times have you been asked to "PRESS 2 FOR FRENCH? GERMAN? POLISH? CZECH? DUTCH? Italian?" NEVER! I rest my case. I think, frankly, it's racist of YOU to support the government providing services in ONLY SPANISH. Doesn't that sound a little biased to you? How do all of these other immigrants manage to get along in our country and the Spanish-speaking ones just can't seem to get it? So, my argument is either provide it to ALL or provide it to NONE.

You asked if I was leading the charge to make English our official language. I don't think there is a PERSON on this forum who doesn't have the exact same goal. And, I will continue to pursue it regardless of whether you choose to label me as racist. That is just about the most ABSURD charge I've ever heard.

You say that ALL of these Hispanics are just lining up to learn English and that is just WRONG. I see it right here in my own small town. I see it right here in our school system where our teachers are just OVERWHELMED because they cannot devote time to ALL of their students because of the few who just don't speak English. So, my grandchild should have to suffer and be penalized just to accomodate someone who came here ILLEGALLY and refuses to learn our language? Not as long as I can continue to lobby for declaring English our OFFICIAL LANGUAGE. OR, until I start having to PRESS 2 for every other language spoken by EVERY IMMIGRANT to this country. It appears that the word assimilation just isn't in your vocabulary.

I have NOTHING to defend, NOR WILL I defend, ANY of my positions with you. I don't have the time nor the inclination.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by newcomm
    First, let me just say thank you. It's been a few years since anyone lobbed the communism charge at me (last time I think it was membership coordinator of the neo-Nazi group, the National Alliance). These funny remarks make me laugh every time someone makes the accusation.
    If you hear this over and over again that would mean something. How many times does one need to through a label at you till you catch it?

La Raza as "the race."
    What do you think La Raza means? I am sure you are familiar with the translation, or are you not?

...or various other government agencies I've worked with over the last decade would have figured out this dirty little secret that you were able to "research" in about 2 seconds with a Google search.

Funny, because all those groups have sought me out to consult with them, as well as having me do trainings and presentations for their organizations.

Do you think these organizations don't vet their consultants? Or are all of these organizations part of the international communist conspiracy, too?They're all cogs in "la Reconquista?"
    Humm I dunno how to answer that from my pov. The direction that the country is headed it is a judgment call. Of course not all government employees are wrong do'ers. After all most people would just through the common cliche/excuse and say "I am just doing my job.� Crap rolls down hill and from one orifice.

As to why they haven't "figured it out" if you are a commie (Which I personally have no idea if you are or not. I believe IMO you are the PC spewing secular progressive scab that is growing over our culture and country.) why do we have Red China spies in our top secret labs? Why do we have S.E. Asian spies in our white house? Just because you through a lot of names around that you claim you personally work with doesn't mean your stuff doesn't stink.

Or maybe it's the American Jewish Committee
    Your Aztlan buddies seem to think so.

Yada Yada blah blah blah…
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

I, too, feel that English should be the official language of the United States and I actively seek and support organizations whose only agenda is to promote that issue. Further, I don't even think it should be an "all or none" proposition as Bootsie suggests whereby we need to either address all other languages or none of them. If people in this country need a translator to understand what is going on around them, the money should come out of their pockets, not mine as a taxpayer.

While it is true that most of the Europeans who came to this country were third generation before English was their only language, it is also true that most Europeans came to this country because they wanted to be Americans.

From what I can determine, the illegal immigrants in this land do NOT want to be Americans, they just want work or a place to commit their crimes in a decent environment.

What other land do you think you can go to and have all government documents, all legal documents, all signs and all other forms of communication delivered in several different languages? No country has the means nor the inclination to enact such idiocy. And the United States doesn't have that kind of money, either. It's just that we are too busy pandering to left wing groups like yours, Mr. Burghart.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by rakishoner

What do you think La Raza means? I am sure you are familiar with the translation, or are you not?
    Dear "rakishoner:"

I think you may have either missed or misread my earlier statement on this issue. For the sake of clarity, allow me to reiterate that the term “La Raza� doesn’t mean “The Race!� as you think it does.

The term “La Raza� as used by the National Council of La Raza (NCLR) actually has its origins in early 20th century Latin American literature, and translates into English most closely as "the people," or, according to some scholars, "the Hispanic people of the New World."

The term was coined by Mexican scholar José Vasconcelos to reflect the fact that the people of Latin America are a mixture of many of the world's races, cultures, and religions - Europeans, Africans, and Native Americans; Arabs and Jews; "old world" and "new world." Subsequent scholars built on this idea, pointing out that no other area of the world had experienced such a mix of race and culture.

Some people (including Mr. Gheen) have mistranslated "La Raza" to mean "The Race," implying that it is a term meant to exclude others. In fact, the full term coined by Vasconcelos, "La Raza Cósmica," meaning the "cosmic people," was developed to reflect not purity but the mixture inherent in the Hispanic people. This is clearly an inclusive concept, meaning that Hispanics share with all other peoples of the world a common heritage and destiny, and that Latinos provide an example of a world in which traditional concepts of race can be transcended.

Some things seem to get lost in translation. Context is key. In this case, folks like yourself and Mr. Gheen are way off-base.

Sincerely,

Devin Burghart
    Center for New Community

Or maybe it's the American Jewish Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by rakishoner

Your Aztlan buddies seem to think so.

Yada Yada blah blah blah…
    Dear "rakishoner:"

Thank you for proving my earlier point. Do you think that the American Jewish Committee would be inclined to work with an organization that worked with groups that spout anti-Semitism? Of course not.

If you're suggesting that we work with Aztlan in any way, you would be incorrect.

We believe in upholding all of our principles, including speaking out against racism, anti-Semitism, homophobia, xenophobia, and other forms of bigotry. We'd never work with a group that violated those principles.

ALI-PAC is obviously not able to do the same.

On the one hand, Mr. Gheen claims to denounce racism on principle. On the other, he's putting cash from contributors to white nationalist websites into the ALI-PAC coffers, allowing his byline to be used at white nationalist websites, etc.

Sincerely,

Devin Burghart
    Center for New Community

yawn more nazi's - I wonder if anything is good on sienfeld tonight?
    ps mr bugheart You're posts are too tedious to read. as Dorothy Parker ( racist white female gringo- capitaliist neonazi american imperialist ) once wrote; " Brevity is the soul of Lingere"

Oh Bore! Newcomm is back with his latest boring drivel and he still hasn't answered a definitive "YES" or "NO" to the question if he is or is not a communist and/or associates with same. At least, that's what I gather from scimming through his latest rants. I'm just too bored to read thoroughly his same old rantings time and time again.

NewComm, you need to find another job: One that doesn't sponge off US taxpayers and doesn't try to feed them what the dung beetles (who have much more noble intentions) roll up into little balls and give as offerings.

Rakishoner, was it you who first mentioned dung beetles? Ever since the image has been in my head of some video on "creepy crawly creatures" that my children once enjoyed where there was a segment on these dung beetles.

Another question for Newcomm: What is your annual salary and how much of it do you bilk from taxpayers?

Oh, and another question/comment: Why don't you open up your membership and donor list and let us see who supports the Community for New whatever?
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Dear Mr. Gheen:

Sorry for the delay, I had to leave for Washington DC on Monday night and missed most of the hilarious posts until just now.

I can assure you that I wasn't "running away," I was doing work in the real world, not sitting around a computer.

You claim, now, to have started this attack for "entertainment." Do you always go around throwing around charges with serious legal ramifications for fun? Is that how little respect you have for the law?

I have plenty of respect for the law. I just have little or no respect for you. You've done your best to place me on a wall with Nazis. I'm not a nazi or any of the things youve tried to make me out to be. That makes you a liar and a pretty low down piece of shit in my book.

For someone who just started this for entertainment purposes, by your plethora of posts is seems like this has become a bit more of an obsession.

The more desperately you flail around attempting to kill the messenger, the more you seem to forget about the message.

So let me just remind you.

This started when you wrote me, threatening that we had defamed you and ALI-PAC. I've spent a considerable amount of time addressing each and every one of the defamation charges you've leveled at the Center for New Community. You keep refusing to address any of my replies to your claims.

You wanted a debate, so I chose to respond to your allegations of defamation. But every time I answer one of your points, you try and change the subject or ignore my response. That's not a particularly ethical way to debate. I'd say that it's pretty clear that you're not interested in pursuing the truth, or finding common ground. Instead, you would prefer to call us "goons," "idiots," "liars," "communists," etc.

First you want a debate. Then, when things don't go your way, you say you don't want to debate anymore. That's not a very ethical stance to take, either, Mr. Gheen. (Or does my saying this mean that you're going to take your little website and go home).

Burghart, I have not said I dont want to debate anymore. This is your typical lie. I said, I want to know if you co-authored an article with a known Marxist. You have danced around this so we will do our own research on the matter. Don't even try that "find common ground" crap with me. You are a man that is trying to defame me and my organization for your own profit and you are making a liar of yourself by doing so. I called your office the first time I read your attack piece to explain you have us all wrong.

POINTS YOU'VE CONCEDED:

1. The ALI-PAC membership is much smaller than you initially claimed.
    Wrong againg Burghart. Where is this original claim you are talking about? Does not exist. You just thought we were much bigger because of our successes. Don't go blaming me for your errors.

2. That the term "Reconquista" has racist overtones and that the term shouldn't be used.
    I do not conceed that the term Reconquista has racist overtones. I simply stated that the term may not be the best description for what I meant to convey since it seems to have some history and meanings that do not apply to my views.

3. That you're not serious about any supposed defamation. You're just using it as a cudgel to try and stifle debate. (If you meant it, you would have filed a defamation suit).

Just because I have not bothered with the time or expense to file a lawsuit does not mean that you have not defamed me and ALIPAC. You have and you have made many mistakes and Ive made it very clear I do not consider fighting you in that way to be the best course of action at this time.

4. That Ali-PAC's largest donor is someone who has participated with a white nationalist group, made disparaging ethnic remarks, and supported internment camps.

This claim is being made by Devin Burghart. You have illustrated that your research methods and past claims are more than suspect. Regardless, Ive never communicated with this donor and this donor has zero influence over ALIPAC, our goals, and our activities. I know you are very eager to redeem yourself after you initial attack on us failed, but you are really reaching for straws now. ALIPAC is not responsible for any of the actions of our donors. They are free to think, feel, and say what they like. God Bless America.

5. That ALI-PAC is comfortable accepting money from this person.

6. That your statement about only dealing with "illegal immigration" is erroneous, according to your own website.
    We never claimed to deal only with "illegal immigration" we are also dealing with legal immigration issues as well. You are trying to twist words again Burghart. We support those that legally immigrate to the US. We do not favor any visa expansions, temporary or guest worker programs, or amnesties that would legalize illegal aliens currently in violation of the law. Many of our supporters do favor a time out or reduction of current legal levels of immigration till this crisis is addressed but that is no longer an official part of our platform.

7. That you are comfortable having your byline appear on an article on the white nationalist website, V-DARE.

Michelle Malkin has articles that V-Dare has picked up as well. She rocks! V-DARE is free to grab and post any articles they like on the web as we are as well. Your material is posted on some of these sites Mr. Burhgart, does that make you a White Nationalist? I know you really want us to be White Nationalists Mr. Burghart so you can stick your head in the immigration debates, but you are wrong about me and ALIPAC and what you are doing says a lot more about you than it does us.

8. That you were wrong when you kept referring to the National Council of La Raza as "the race."
    La Raza may mean the race or the people or the "hispanic people". Regardless of semantics, I don't support organizations that promote illegal immigration and racist politics.

As much as you'd like to make this about me, the issue is ALI-PAC. You may want to consider answering these items.

Sincerely,

Devin Burghart
    Center for New Community
    www.buildingdemocracy.org

Mr. Burghart,

Ive answered your questions and as you can see, try as you may, ALIPAC is not a white nationalist organization nor do espouse the goals and aims of such groups.

Our website and official releases clearly state that racism is not welcome in our organization.

Our solicitations and flyers are clearly aimed at attracting all Americans regardless of race.

I have said on the record on the air several times that it will take all Americans white, black, and Latino working together to solve our illegal immigration crisis. Ive said this at numerous public speaking engagements as well.

Ive said it over and over here in our discussion groups. We have volunteers and contributors that are legal immigrants and from many races. We have many volunteers and contributors that are LEGAL immigrants.

We have endorsed black candidates and plan to endorse more black and Latino candidates in the near future. This very organization's creation was inspired by conversations with a legal immigrant.

I spend time each week helping people with legal immigration questions and needs for assistance as part of this job and my job at the Legislature.

I have a background working in civil rights campaigns.

If you think for one second that your devilish twisting of information and lose association games are going to label me or my organization asxenophobic white nationalist sympathizers then give me some of what you guys are smoking up at the New Community because it must be some damn good stuff!

There are a lot of great people in our organization. I think it is so sad that people like you are so low down and disgusting as to throw such attacks on good people.

I value my name Mr. Burghart and I value what my friends and family think of me. I value my country and I will not back down when faced by people like you that have no real regard for the truth.

Funny how you ignore the fact I appear on black radio stations. Funny how you ignore the fact Ive worked to elect some of the first minorites to elected office. Funny how you ignore the fact we endorsed an openly lesbian candidated for Congress last year. Dude, you are goon and you are an idiot liar.

We will fight you and anyone else we have to in order to save this country. Throw your rocks, twist the words, and do your best to make white nationalists out of anyone that stands up for immigration enforcement, but you will not stop us.

I'm sticking to the truth Mr. Burhgart and it will outlast your elaborate lies.

People are going to find out what you are doing Mr. Burghart. I'm on to you now and the answer is very clear.

You are going around pretending to unmask racism, white nationalism, and xenophobia to get yourself in the limelight in the press. In the case of ALIPAC, you have and continue to try and defame me and my character and the character of this organization.

You are wrong and no amount of twisting and turning will save you from that mistake.

William Gheen
    President, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
    www.alipac.us
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast