Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    I just called two of Senator Bob Corker's Offices to say NO to the Dream Act.

United States Senate
    Dirksen Senate Building
    SD-185
    Washington, D.C. 20510
    Phone: 202-224-3344
    Fax: 202-228-0566

Sam, I would like to send the above to Senator Lamar Alexander's Representative.

Dixie, what amendment/bill number are we speaking about?

Thank you,

Psalm 139:14
    Here is direct link to Dream act 2007 S774:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c ... 0G5bul8:e0:

They are voting right now on a bill that deals with higher education!!!!!

Dixie do you think this is the dream act, can't imagine another on education being in there.
    The Senate is currently debating HR 2669.

April
    Bill would grant citizenship for service

By Rick Maze - Staff writer
    Posted : Monday Jul 16, 2007 17:52:57 EDT

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2007/ ... p_070716w/

With the possible backing of the Pentagon, the Senate’s second-ranking Democrat will offer an amendment to the 2008 defense authorization bill that allows some undocumented immigrants to receive citizenship through military service.

The Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act, or DREAM Act, would allow someone who was younger than 16 when they came to the U.S., has been in the country for at least five years and graduated from high school to become a legal immigrant by serving two years in the military.

“It turns out that many in the Department of Defense believe, as I do, that the DREAM Act is an important part of making certain we have talented young men and women ready to serve in our military,â€

I am posting this story here also because it tells that the Pentagon is pressuring Senators for passage of the DREAM ACT.

Here we are again, our government in direct opposition to the American citizenry.

(quote)

Senate must deliver DREAM Act
    EDITORIAL - 07/18/2007

Otros Titulares
    El Senado debe aprobar la DREAM Act
    Immigrants may have a powerful ally in the push for legalization – the Pentagon.
    Pentagon officials have indicated that they support the DREAM Act (Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act), a measure that would help some undocumented youths become legal permanent residents. Students who meet strict criteria—including demonstrating good moral character and having arrived in the United States as children—would be eligible if they accomplish two years of higher education or military service.

The Act suffered a blow weeks ago as part of the immigration bill debated in the U.S. Senate. Today, Senator Dick Durbin is expected to present the Act as an amendment to the Defense Authorization bill. If passed, it would end the legal limbo for tens of thousands of undocumented students poised to contribute to the United States.

The Pentagon’s support might be expected. President Bush has rallied for a legalization program and military recruitment shortfalls are another big motive. The DREAM Act provision would be good for readiness, Pentagon officials say. Non citizens already serve in the Armed Forces, which offer a quicker route to citizenship.

Whether they choose enlistment or school enrollment, undocumented young people could soon be on the path to permanent residency, citizenship and job mobility. That may help stabilize some of the many families left hanging by the Senate’s inaction on immigration. It’s also good for the economy. An educated immigrant has more earning potential and therefore, can pay more taxes.

A grassroots phone campaign to Senators is underway to pressure for passage. If the Senate can focus on advancing legislation instead of squashing it, a future for undocumented students will hardly be a dream.

(quote)

http://www.eldiariony.com/noticias/deta ... id=1679998
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    We need to counter this with ACTION ACTION ACTION!!!! Let's contine to call, fax and email. We can expect that they will keep up their dirty little tricks to slip Amnesty in on us any way they can. We must stay alert and active!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK PATRIOTS!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

You notice they give you no information about the "Dream Act" like their education at the expense of the taxpayer as in the form of in-state tuition!!

EVERYBODY WHO DOES NOT WANT TO PAY FOR THE COLLEGE EDUCATION OF ILLEGAL ALIENS BETTER GET ON THE CALLS, FAXES AND E-MAILS. THEY ARE TRYING TO PULL A FAST ONE HERE!!!

LET THEM HEAR FROM AMERICANS!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April starting my second round of faxes and e-mails in my daughters name!!

ROAR

I AM MAD AS HELL, I DO NOT WANT TO PAY TO EDUCATE LAW BREAKERS!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

JUST GOT THIS FROM A FRIEND, !VERY RELIABLE SOURCE!!!!

"The Dream Act will be added to the Education Appropriation Bill and has 60 votes to pass. Will be pushed hard by Lugar, Hagel and Durbin. MUST BE READY FOR THIS!"

"They said it isn't going anywhere because of the Iraq war debate ( won't be coming up for vote) but they are pushing hard and think they have the votes to pass it on the Education Appropriation bill."

OK, I have been thinking it really doesn't matter where they are trying to stick this "Dream Act" (although I do have a great suggestion for them ) if we just keep telling them NO to the DREAM ACT that in-state tution for illegals paid for by the taxpayer NO, NO, NO.

April
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    OK, I have been thinking it really doesn't matter where they are trying to stick this "Dream Act" (although I do have a great suggestion for them ) if we just keep telling them NO to the DREAM ACT that in-state tution for illegals paid for by the taxpayer NO, NO, NO.
    Exactly SOSAD!! JUST SAY NO!!!!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast