Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DD, user pics, and trolls

In a previous thread found here: http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 0&start=50
    I was accused of wanting to allow DD to remain here on the basis of her appearing "cute" in her profile pic.

Honestly, I think that is quite unfair. I have spent an obscene amount of time communicating with people on the internet over the past decade. I am smart enough to know better than to trust any profile pic. Whether or not the girl in the pic was actually DD did not matter to me, and it really should not have mattered to any of you. If it was her, I have to give her credit for putting up an image of herself to be criticized by people who probably dislike her. The fact that my sincerety was discredited is a bit offensive to me in that it appears to be sexist. Just because I have a penis does not automatically mean that I am listening to someone on the basis of looks just because YOU find them attractive.

Profile pictures aside, she did not appear as a troll to me. I moderate a few communities online and deal with trolls on a regular basis. Just because someone has an opposing view or even an illogical view does not make them a troll. Trolls will commonly post messages for the sole purpose of creating arguments and getting people upset. Most times the troll will not care one way or the other about the subject at hand; it is more of a matter of personal enjoyment achieved by starting a pointless fight. Trolls will also commonly post repeatedly and throw out bait with each reply. DD appeared to be giving honest replies, as messed up as they were.

I find it very petty that people who disagree with her views will go so far as to extract hidden messages from her profile picture, such as an extended middle finger when her hand was clearly holding a teacup. Maybe in her mind, she is giving us the finger, but are we not doing the same to her?

How can we possibly expect people with differing views to listen to our side if we are so quick to label them as trolls and gang up on them, tearing them to shreds?

Badthingsman,

I posted a picture of a pretty woman in jest, as a joke, as a light hearted attempt at humor.

To me, I could care less if you wanted her to stay cause she is cute or not. It is a matter of rule violations. It is very rare for someone to be banned without a rule violation. I would say never, but I did take action on something with two users where the violation was not clear.

DD is a troll because her website www.LatinoRepublicans.com has a political intent contrary to the platform of this organization and they operate outside of the rules that we honor here.

For those that have scanned her site and looked into the background of what is going on here, she is over there trying to persuade and organize the Mexica, MECHA, Aztlan, brownpride, Brown Beret crowd behind the Republican Party.

I bet I could raise a lot of money trying to sell the "Hey we are turning Latinos into Republican Voters" appeal. Especially in return for political favors for illegals and Latinos. Race based politics is what it is.

Some of our activists doing the legwork are digging up more very interesting things.

Yes, politics is a contact sport and yes we will be tearing down our opposition in the hopes of saving America from what they have in mind for us all. We will stand up to them regardless of gender, race, or appearance.

I must admit, I do not recall you coming to the defense of the opposition like this before.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Don't underestimate what havoc a pretty face can wreak on a man.

But I still think that this is what DD really looks like (sorry mods....I couldn't resist. I promise I'll stop now).

Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I have to say : You, Willian, are the live example of a honesty, dignity,leadership, you make an example of ideals . Thanks and GOD BLESS YOU.
    Also thanks for leting me be part of your wonderful ideal.
    Thelma

Just because someone has an opposing view or even an illogical view does not make them a troll.

badthingsman

I agree, but sadly I think your most of your cohorts here do not share your sentiment.

Trolls will commonly post messages for the sole purpose of creating arguments and getting people upset.

badthingsman

americangirl’s habitual posting of toothless women who may reside in the Appalachian and Ozark Mountains comes to mind. But the mods don’t issue her a warning?

Quote Originally Posted by Observer
    Just because someone has an opposing view or even an illogical view does not make them a troll.

badthingsman

I agree, but sadly I think your most of your cohorts here do not share your sentiment.

Trolls will commonly post messages for the sole purpose of creating arguments and getting people upset.

badthingsman

americangirl’s habitual posting of toothless women who may reside in the Appalachian and Ozark Mountains comes to mind. But the mods don’t issue her a warning?
    Our people work hard in this fight so we do not mind when they want to have a little fun with a troll.

Your first posts on this site called us all uneducated racists so you can take your concerns about funny pictures and insert it.

We do tolerate other opinions on our board as long as the rules are abide by. Nobody ever said anything about being nice to our opposition was a rule.

I encourage it personally, but it is not against the rules.

We want civilized discussions here but at the same time you can't just ask all of these very angry Americans to grin and smile at open borders enthusiasts.

If you do not like the spelling or the pictures posted on our site, the door is clear to see. You walked in, you can easily walk back out.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Personally....I went to the sight and read the threads and thought TROLL and still do. Her pic had nothing to do with it. Obop took his punches at other sights when his pic was that Mexican prisoner ,in Texas I think. I didn't think worse of him but that was a bad pic and people took offense before ever reading anything. Thank heavens he had another one when I came on or I might have been turned off. So it can go both ways.

Fortunatly I'm too old to really care......and how did you get that pic of me in the thread above?

Our people work hard in this fight so we do not mind when they want to have a little fun with a troll.

- ALIPAC

At least you admit your inconsistent implementation of your stated rules.

Your first posts on this site called us all uneducated racists so you can take your concerns about funny pictures and insert it.

ALIPAC

That is simply untrue and you have no basis for that claim. However, I will go on record and say that not all of you here are uneducated and/or racist.

We do tolerate other opinions on our board as long as the rules are abide by.

- ALIPAC

No you don’t.

We want civilized discussions here

-ALIPAC

No you don’t.

If you do not like the spelling or the pictures posted on our site, the door is clear to see.

ALIPAC

Well it’s the misspelling that troubles me, and I have laughed out loud at the pictures americangirl has posted. They are funny to view.

LOL, you are funny Crazybird.

I've enjoyed having a little bit of fun on the site in the last day or so.

Sometimes we like to play with our trolls before we eat them.

And besides, those that are watching closely and doing a bit of digging should see that we are learning some interesting things through this discussion.

W

Observer,

People misspell words like "dog" and "cat" many times. It is not because they do not know how to spell "dog" or "Cat" it is because we are not writing books and term papers here.

People post when tired, sleepy, or using one hand and holding a baby in the other.

Some people just have poor spelling and some of the most intelligent and articulate people I know have trouble with dyslexia, spelling, and grammar.

It does not make their opinion, vote, and rights as Americans less important in any way.

Also, some of the most highly "educated" people I've encountered have no common sense and have abstract political views that have no basis in reality.

W

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast