Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

guys.

I am not a fan of Illegal Immigration. I do not claim to have classes filled with all undocumented studentss.

What you deem to be my poor grammar can easily be explained by the speed at which I type. I apologize for that.

I simply stated what I have actually experienced first-hand. Something that you have not.

When I cited Thomas Friedman's bestseller "The World Is Flat," I suggest you value it's merit.

I, unlike many of you, can think on a global scale, not just the scale that is encompassed by my conservative american hometown.

Insult my grammar all you like.
    Do NOT instult my math.

Here I was trying to write a coherent explanation to this "teacher" only to get back to the thread and see what a good he/she is.

What a waste of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by s3cure_border
    You asked for Calculus formulae. You insulted my teaching position. I teach at an average highshcool. the Formulae you asked to solve are beyond you.

I did not hunt them down off the internet. That is standard curriculum for my students.
    I said I would check your answer.

Reading and comprehension problems too.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here's one of those super smart pro-illegal students that is way better than his american counterparts!

The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Whittier area students from Pioneer, California and Whittier high schools walked out of classes to protest the proposed federal immigration bill March 27, 2006. The protestors put up the Mexican flag over the American flag flying upside down at Montebello High.
    Some more great students! How could Americans NOT want to give them free services?? I just don't know!!! /sarcasm

Speaking of insults. Dually noted.

Sorry, no more time to play because I've got work to do.

TexasCG please let me know when I need to deal with this thread again.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Speaking of insults. Dually noted.

Sorry, no more time to play because I've got work to do.

TexasCG please let me know when I need to deal with this thread again.

Dixie
    I will keep an eye out for you.

There's some good info in this thread regarding the Senators' positions. I'd hate to see it dumped. Can't you just extract the posts from that goof "teacher"?

Fine, ignore my posts. But don't be a coward about them.

As for the pictures of the immigrant kid with the flag of mexico draped across his face. THAT IS WRONG.

It is totally wrong when they ask for legality while parading the flag of another country.

Call me what you like, but I do agree with you guy's on many topics.

Quote Originally Posted by s3cure_border
    If that is the gang(ms-13) you are referring to, then yes, hate them. (Although they do not have much of a stronghold here)
    MS-13 are a tremendous problem. They are the most singularly vicious street gang in this country, far worse than any of our homegrown gangs. Their numbers are increasing and this is of grave concern to law enforcement. And the 'lazy American kids' you talk about are not the ones joining.
    Children are Children. They are our future. They are the future of this country if you like to believe it or not, especially the illegal immigrant ones who would be less likely to screw around than american children.
    No, illegal immigrant children should not be our future. They should rightfully be the future of their home countries. The vast majority of illegal alien children are hispanic. Hispanic teens have very high rates of dropping out of HS, teen pregnancy and unwed pregnancy, MUCH higher than the rates for the typical American student. While American students may behave badly, illegal hispanic students behave worse.

Additionally, they will give the U.S. a boost in the global economy - a boost that can not be achieved by aged-out adult illegal immigrants.

I say this, because, as pointed out in Thomas L. Friedman's "The World Is Flat," America is falling behind in the number of engineers, scientists, doctors, teachers, etc. that are being put out. As a matter of fact, we are near the bottom on the list when it comes to producing intellectual individuals.
    People are not fools and at this point in time there would be little reason to go into engineering or science knowing that within several years your job will probably be outsourced. As far as I know, medical schools do not have a problem filling their slots. There are always more qualified candidates than there are spaces.

I'm thinking about the future of this country. the Dream Act would give us a little bit of assurance.
    I don't. We just don't need this. We already have bright and talented children in this country who we should be helping to develop their full potential. Let these other children go home. Their home countries need them far more than the US does.