Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Exhaustion

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I would never suggest we give up - just thinking out loud.

This comes from the fact that things are seldom what they seem when you are dealing with souless politicians.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There were many times when I felt like giving up the fight against illegal immigration. Let's face it, at times it can be emotionally exhausting! Several times I backed off thinking I had reached the end of my involvement. But something kept drawing me back.

I know that this is a cause that is larger than myself. I think of all those who sacrificed their lives for this country and suddenly I'm rejuvinated. It's a stubborness that won't allow me to quit because I'm standing up for everything I believe in. If you were in charge of protecting the life of your family, would you give up so easily?

Those who become overwhelmed and feel like giving up, need to read about the people of the American Revolution. And I urge EVERYONE to do this. We need to see that the founding fathers and the colonists were real people - just like you and I. Get to know them. Become inspired by them. Historian David MCcollough said it best in this interview:

Q: As a historian what are you trying to accomplish with this book? (1776) What's your goal here?

DM: I want people to see that all-important time in a different way-in the way it was. For of a number of reasons, including the absence of photographs, we tend to see the men and women of the Revolution as not quite real. And we have far too little sense of what they suffered. Unlike the people you see in Mathew Brady's photographs from the Civil War, the men and women of the Revolution seem more like characters in a costume pageant. And it's a pageant in which the performers are all handsome as stage actors, with uniforms and dress that are always costume perfect. I want to be inside that other time. I want to convey the atmosphere of the time, what it was like to have been alive then, what the reality was for those people. I often think about how they would feel if they could read what I'm writing. I imagine them asking, "Does he get it?"

Q: Beyond the historical events themselves, what is this book about? How do you describe it?

DM: To a large degree it is about character. In an immediate and very human way it's about staying power on the brink of disaster. The people who make the difference are those who won't give up. It's to them that we owe so much. I hope I've conveyed what American soldiers looked like back then; that they had no uniforms; that they were dirty, hungry, poorly armed, and badly clothed; that many truly had no shoes through much of the struggle. I hope I've made it clear that they weren't all heroes; that thousands quit the fight, deserted, or went over to the enemy. Most important of all I hope I've conveyed that no one knew how things were going to turn out. All the signs were that they didn't stand a chance, that the war was over and that we had lost. It was the darkest time in the history of our country. The prospects for the United States of America never looked so bleak. But because a handful of very brave people refused to see it that way, we are the beneficiaries. Without them The Declaration of Independence would have been that only, a declaration, words on paper.

DM: Abigail Adams once wrote, "Posterity, who are to reap the blessings, will scarcely be able to conceive the hardships and sufferings of their ancestors." Regrettably she was right. We have far too little appreciation for what her generation went through and how indebted we are to them, not because they were perfect, or superhuman, but because they were fellow human beings who didn't know themselves what they were capable of until put to the test.

DM: We're often told, and we know, that we're living in a very difficult, dangerous and uncertain time. But that's not a new experience in American life. Some have said, in the aftermath of 9/11, that this is the darkest, most perilous hour in our history. But we've been through worse and we've come through it. Further, we need to be reminded always of the ideas and ideals that this country was founded on, and never take our blessings for granted. Ingratitude is a shabby human failing. And to have no gratitude for what our forbearers went through would be a dreadful mark against us. We have a serious problem just now. We're raising kids who are historically illiterate. The more we can make our history known, and the more we ourselves can know and understand who we are and how we got to where we are, the better off the country will be in the long run.

I would hope they'll be less inclined ever to take for granted what such brave men did, and understand that individual character does indeed count in the long run.

W, I am impressed with your political savy. This is not my first battle in my first war. I am NO QUITER.

Valley Forge Rev. Dan. Valley Forge. I'm sure there were soldiers in the ranks that said to their brethren over the camp fires.. "They are going to slaughter us."
    I couldn't agree more...however I was one of those who said "they are going to slaughter us" but you forgot to add what I said directly after that to the brave men under my comand "I told them that if we are to die then we have to make the fight so devistating for them that we will emerge victorious even at heavy losses". Even as a man of the cloth I believe people still have to fight for what is right no matter what the cost.

But none of this is going to help our cause or the American people, I have said this to everyone I know for as many years as I can remember...if you realy want to change somthing in our system you have to start at the LOCAL level. Put pressure on the mayor, the city council ect...

Rev. Dan
    It's true I am only one, but I am one. And the fact that I can't do everything will not prevent me from doing what I can do

Edward Everett Hale

I don't have a chance to read 100 posts, but to the person that originated this thread, please don't give up. Do you really want your country to become Mexico? If you think it's bad now, once these illegals get rights and become the majority it will be a million times worse. You think your miserable now, just wait until the illegals start dictating the way things are going to be. I know how you feel about being miserable and stuff. I feel the same way you do everyday and then some. William can tell you first hand about how I feel. I can't give up, even if we are fighting a losing battle. This is the only country we have. We can't let what our troops fought and died for be sold out without a fight. We just have to keep pushing on. Why? Because god forbid I bring a kid or two into this world someday, I don't want them to grow up in some cesspool where I have to worry constantly everyday what is going to happen to them. I want my future kids to have a future and a good one at that. I want them to be proud of this country, not hate it like I do now.

No one said it would be easy and you don't have to do it all yourself. It's not going to change overnight. If we can beat back amnesty and NAFTA plus and slowly keep turning the tide like we are doing now, things will get better. You don't have to be doing a great number of things like William does. A fax here, a letter there, a phone call now and then whenever you get the chance can make a difference even if you don't see it right now. I know your frustrated, I am too, but don't give up or the globalists will win. Seriously are we really going to let a handful of elities sell our country out against the will of hundreds of millions of American people? That would be sad and it will happen if you let it. You know what they say, the only way for evil to succeed is for the good people like us to sit back and do nothing. You give up now, you'll be their slave forever. Lets not go out like that. I've had my moments where I want to throw in the towel and say ah F it, but I didn't because I just can't turn a blind eye to this stuff knowing what I know. If I go down, I go down swinging like a fighter.

If you need rest, go for it, even I need a break every now and then, but please don't leave, we need every person we can muster for this fight.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

W , you were wondering why EastTXdude, came here to write crap?

He or she, came to agitate and separate, the others here, stir us up and perhaps to cause a rift among us, to separate the ones who are not truly comitted to winning our cause the legal way. It is a vigilante attitude, I have seen in many old western movies, stir up the masses until they lose all their reason, then spur them on to causing a riot and putting the nose around their own neck or their cause, in the end!

EastTxdude, I seen to many of those old westerns to fall for any of that kind of crap here!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty

He or she, came to agitate and separate, the others here, stir us up and perhaps to cause a rift among us, to separate the ones who are not truly comitted to winning our cause the legal way. It is a vigilante attitude, I have seen in many old western movies, stir up the masses until they lose all their reason, then spur them on to causing a riot and putting the nose around their own neck or their cause, in the end!

EastTxdude, I seen to many of those old westerns to fall for any of that kind of crap here!
    You know, thats one of the most asinine statements I've ever seen on here. You my friend sound very paranoid..

PS - why would I need to stir up anything aanyhow? You and the other regulars on here do a good job of that anyways..

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by EastTX_Dude

You know, thats one of the most asinine statements I've ever seen on here. You my friend sound very paranoid..

PS - why would I need to stir up anything aanyhow? You and the other regulars on here do a good job of that anyways..
    I suggest going back and reading the previous page. You have a few questions to answer. It appears nothing has changed since you were here before. I would be very careful what you say because you're already walking in quicksand. The personal attacks against another member on the forum are not helping matters.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    Quote Originally Posted by EastTX_Dude

I suggest going back and reading the previous page. You have a few questions to answer. It appears nothing has changed since you were here before. I would be very careful what you say because you're already walking in quicksand. The personal attacks against another member on the forum are not helping matters.
    How bout the personal attacks on me?

hrrm

[quote=EastTX_Dude]
    Quote Originally Posted by "EastTX_Dude":22a3bcac

hrrm[/quote:22a3bcac]
    Tex
    why not be specific re: personal attacks on you, so that we can eyeball them?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    [quote=EastTX_Dude]
    Quote Originally Posted by "EastTX_Dude":32wck9dz

hrrm[/quote:32wck9dz]

I think it's clear you're the instigator in this discussion from what I've seen. Are you going to answer the questions asked of you on the previous page? The owner of the forum personally asked you something but you're ignoring it. Do you have something to hide?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast