Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Exhaustion

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

we could start a letters section.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    we could start a letters section.
    I just did I guess - It's called "Letters from the Edge". I just set it up as a new post, but do with it what you will.

That would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Great !! Since you've done the work, why don't we have you start the thread. Thank you Cheyenne!!

Depending on what you think, maybe you could explain that these form letters are available to those who don't have the time to compose letters.
    They can copy, paste and send.

However you think it should be. I will be one of the first to use the service.

If you want me to, I'll continue working on a few also. I could probably have a couple finished maybe by tomorrow.....but only if you think we need them. Otherwise, I'll hold them until further notice from you.

I believe this is going to be a Godsend for so many of us who are very busy with jobs, etc. There just aren't enough hours in a day for many people who want to do more.
    Okay, legal. Here you go:

The post is called "letters from the edge" (cause I couldn't think of anything better).

And yes, I definitely want you, and everybody else who's comfortable writing, to post letters there to be used. This isn't my show for pete's sake.

Hi CheyenneWoman, Legal and W.,

I'll add to the letters too, as soon as I can catch my breath!!! Good idea.

Sorry haven't had more time today.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Quote Originally Posted by curiouspat
    Hi CheyenneWoman, Legal and W.,

I'll add to the letters too, as soon as I can catch my breath!!! Good idea.

Sorry haven't had more time today.
    You better, lady. I've read your stuff. It's really good.

WOW. You're talented young lady !!

Maybe AmericanGirl, and even Hope was here last night expressing that she totally understood the stress that AmericanGirl felt. I'm hoping that maybe they will see that we're "making an effort" to make things a little easier on all of us. I guess "teamwork" is the answer to helping us all deal with the stress that can accompany working on an important cause.
    And this certainly qualifies.

Thank you Cheynenne.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Amen to teamwork. Most importantly, you guys are a constant inspiration. Your keeping me propped up and motivated!

Dixie

I think this idea was really a good one too. This is going to help everyone. I think you're right we should encourage as many as possible to place their "form" letter in the thread so that others who do not have time can copy, paste and send.

If this goes well, we will be able to pick and choose which letter type fits our mood, or our purpose and we'll have a lot of letters flying .

I understand what Americangirl is saying, and I have been there many times.

Somehow, I can't just give up and you know what, I don't think she is either. I think she will continue to fight on one way or another - just maybe not here.

Someone posted on this thread they had just become aware of the illegal problem very recently. I do hear this all too frequently. I am not sure if it heartens me or if it just makes me feel lost. This is a problem that has been ongoing for many years. Of course, those of us in border states have felt it most and for the longest period of time, but it just worries me greatly that many others seemed to have been unaware of its existence.

When people tell me the government couldn't keep some horrific action secret - I just look at the illegal problem. They, with the aid of the media, have successfully (it seems), kept this problem a secret for at least a couple of decades. This problem that has been out there in the open - for all to see. Somehow, they have managed to just pretend it doesn't exist, or denounce and call any opponents racists, or try to make jokes of those speaking out, or worse. So believe me, with the aid of the media, this government could keep anything secret - even if it is out there for everyone to see.

It always amazes me that some people didn't realize this President has all along planned on amnesty for the illegals and that he planned on this 'union' he has put in place. He stated those things - plainly and clearly - as soon as he was elected.

Also, the idea that voting isn't going to help. I get that feeling also. It would, if we could all get together, but is that going to be possible? Are we being flimflammed by our elected officials who also just now seemed to have dicovered we have a problem and are 'on our side'? I hope everyone will forgive me, if I have the nagging suspicion we are being had by these people - with very few exceptions.

To me, the only way our votes would count is if we cleaned house, with a few, very few, exceptions. Then do it again next time if our elected representatives do not do as they should. Will we do that? I am fearful. I am also fearful this may very well be our last semi-real election.

I have heard that it is a good thing if congress doesn't pass a bill right now. That would be right, if the only bill that would pass would be amnesty. But I have heard proponents of illegal immigration voice the same thing. The ones I have seen have been happy that no bill be passed before the election. Of course, that could just be propaganda. After these elected officials are put back in office - and many will be - they can do whatever they please.

As to boycotts not working - of course they would. They couldn't help but work. I haven't seen any concerted boycotts. Yes, many of us are boycotting this and that - but nothing concerted - nothing targeted. That is what would do it. If only 1/2 or 1/4 of the people in this country who oppose illegal immigration would get together for a month's boycott of one industry - it would work. It would have to work.

Our votes can/may be a weapon that will do some good. Our money is the only weapon we still have that will definitely make a difference. While I think the illegal situaton has some very vile ulterior motives, money is what is driving it right now - and right now, we still have some control over how we spend our money.

Some are chastising Americangirl for 'giving up' and 'accepting the inevitable' . I feel the same way about those who cannot see that when you continue to give your hard earned money to the big corporations, you are not only 'giving up' - you are aiding and abetting.

It really just recently dawned on me this site is a political action site and as such the actions here are targetting the political side of this problem and it probably isn't the right place to attempt to get a boycott going. I just got carried way when I saw such fervor here among the members.

I did find another site that is working against illegal immigration and asked permission to make a posting to attempt to organize a boycott. The owner was pretty adamant that I could not because it 'would hurt American business'. Isn't American business hurting us? What's good for GM is not necessariy good for the USA.

Just rambling. Hope I didn't offend.

Hi, nntrixie,

Someone posted on this thread they had just become aware of the illegal problem very recently. I do hear this all too frequently. I am not sure if it heartens me or if it just makes me feel lost. This is a problem that has been ongoing for many years.
    I'm guilty of that...mid-march awakening for me! And I'm a news junkie!

Be heartened! For those NOT on the border states, this is a sickening time! We,...I just better speak for myself, though I have seen other posts here which agree...I feel guilty that I didn't know, yet thought I was up to date on all the news. Look a W's speech:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-30034.html

He didn't know till slightly over 2 years ago. Look what's been accomplished with, say, ALIPAC alone.

We are getting the word out in spite of all the roadblocks by the MSM and gov't.

SO, BE HEARTENED! You do good work, nntrixie, and we appreciate it!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast