Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaustion

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AmericanGirl,

Don't be like Artax in the Swamps of Sadness.

Very Sad Videos: Brings back memories...

Tribute video to Atreyu and Artax
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6CC4zFq ... arch=artax

This one has the very end
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y688upqmRXo&search=artax

and

This one has more of the begining of the Artax scene.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0kJsc_W ... arch=artax
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Americangirl,

I know how you feel, cause at the beginning of my effort, and I'm actually fairly new at this fight, all the info was overwhelming. It tilted my world view 180 degrees, practically overnight. The emotions that I went through...oh my dear, I'm sure everyone here has been through from time to time. The same as you are.

I received some heartfelt advice to let my sadness, become anger, and to let that anger fuel my fight.

I've also had suggested taking a break, and suggested that to others. Step back, Take a real break. Try not to even think about it.

Then, think about the future generations. Do you have family? (Don't answer, it's your business). But after I took about a 2 day break, all I could think of was my children and grandchild's future. I got mad...not to hate, but to focus on what I COULD do.

We HAVE made a difference, we stopped the Senate. Is the fight over, of course not! They're still trying.

I will NOT stop as long as I can function. Then, I will have no regrets, because I will know that I contributed and did what I could....

I leave you with one quote...

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke:
    patbrunz uses this quote. It's a good one.

I hope you'll be back, renewed, soon. If not, good wishes.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Laura,

A few years ago I started got into genealogy and started researching my family's history. And what I uncovered was how many of my distant cousins died in the Civil War. Many never saw their 23rd birthdays. It is for them that I fight. There have been days when I've needed to back away because I've gotten so angry with the issue at hand. But by getting gotten involved with rallies in my city and have signed petitions that I feel will help us with our fight. Has helped to take the edge off. I email my friends and family members everything I can. But never once have I thought about quitting. When I come to this forum I add what I can where I know I can be the most effective. I'm not the greatest writer in the world but I get my point across. It makes me angry to see someone who is two years younger than I take the victim stance and give up. There are no victims here, because we are survivors! This fight is about Americans who believe in the history and what our country stands for. No one gets through this life without pain. But the rewards of seeing hard times through is so worth the rewards that come afterwards.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Laura, when I came on line I was going to start a new thread titled "take a break" but I will address it to you.
    As I read through these posts here I see that many people are new to the issues we face and are often at a lose as to how to deal with them, I saw much of this coming back in the early 70's so it is not new to me.
    There are times when these issues can become overwhelming and we need to take a break, I know how easy it is to let things get to you but as important as these are we have to remember what comes first and that is our family, friends and loved ones.
    I knew a guy who was so worried about Y2K that he went into debt forty grand.
    Step back and take a break, even the most hardened combat vets need some R&R.
    I don't usually give out a lot of personal info but for you I will.
    Right after I got out of high school I was hit by a car while riding a motorcycle, my right foot was crushed, right femur shattered, my pelvic was broke in several places, several bones in my back and neck were broke along with my right shoulder, I had a seventeen inch long steel pin in my leg for a year, I worked hard to heal up from this and went through a lot of pain, after I had the pin removed I worked out some more and then I went out and joined the Marine Corps, I had to lie to the Doc's to let me in but I made it and fought in Nam.
    During my life I have been a volunteer firefighter reaching the rank of Captain, I was a EMT and a advanced first aid/CPR instructor, when I was in Colorado I was with a K9 search and rescue team, the dog in my avatar was my search dog, she was poisoned by a druggie.
    I have seen so much death and destruction it makes me sick.
    I have been on calls where people have thrown their dead baby into my arms.
    But you know what makes it all worth while, I was on a call one time with two serious injured young girls, sisters, one of them died that night.
    About six months later I answered a knock on my door and there stood the mother and the one little girl, she wanted to show me she was OK though she still had a lot of scars and when she left I bent over to give her a hug and she said "Thanks for saving my life"
    Take your break, take care of your family and enjoy your life and when you are ready you can join the fight again, we will still be here!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know it's hard sometimes. But you know what would be harder to face each and every day? Knowing that we did not continue what our forefathers fought for so hard.......knowing that alot of them died just to give us freedom and our rights. If they hadn't fought for what we have today..........we wouldn't have it. Now that's reality. If we don't fight for what we have today our children will not have it when they are older. Our country will be gone.
    AmericanGirl.....you said
    Every morning I wake up depressed and scared. I have chest pains all the time (and I'm only 45), and I'm gaining weight. I feel like a prisoner in my own home because I've boycotted all the stores, restaurants and fast food places I used to go to. And I avoid places where the illegals gather (like San Diego's beautiful beaches and parks), which I sorely miss
    Well, myself, I miss America and I want her back. She's like a Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Husband and children to me. She is my life. I for one am not willing to roll over and let a bunch of ingrates take what's rightfully ours and trash it as they have their own country.
    America is worth fighting for, and if I have to die fighting for her then I will die with honor. THAT IS REALITY.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

American Girl has expressed what all of us have felt (or feel) from time to time. I don't fault her for that, but I believe that this is a fight worth dieing for, if need be?

I have been involved in this "struggle" now for the past eight months or so. I have been laughed at, yelled at, ignored and everything else you can imagine. I have felt the same frustration that American Girl feels and always with the nagging question in my head - "Why is this happening to my country?"

All I know is, since joining this fight for American sovereignty and the future of our country, I feell alive! I feel like I am doing something worth while. Something that has real meaning and will leave a legasy for my beautifull little girl. I can't quit on her.

I have a great job and make great money. I grew up poor and now live in a great house and have all the "comforts" I want or need. So I asked myself, "Am I willing to "sacrfifice" for this cause?" "Am I willing to be inconvenienced and/or ridiculed?". The answer has to be "yes."

How can it be anything, but YES!

As a believer in the Lord's will being secure, if we "fight the good fight" and lose, it is His will then. Let's feel secure in that.

D.W.
    D.W.

Sometimes I wonder if I should back off and just enjoy my life, but then I think how much enjoyment am I going to get if I live in Texico. One of my worse days was finding out about the Trans-America highway. What usually helps me bounce back is getting pissed off. When I saw Fox at the G-8 conference giving Bush a wink and a thumbs up I saw red. Why was Fox even at the G-8 conference? Anyway I think that we need to do what we can now or we will not have earned the right to complain later.

MountainDog,

Kudos, kudos, kudos, for all you've been through, all you've done for us and your indomitable spirit!
    Take your break, take care of your family and enjoy your life and when you are ready you can join the fight again, we will still be here!
    I agree.

Take your break, americangirl, and yes, we will still be here.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Banned
    Hey, illegal immigration is just one of the many fights I am fighting. I guess I could enjoy life more if I spent my money on myself and indulged in some leisure travel. I have even contemplated relocating to one of the several countries where I have friends. My sister is retiring at age 44 to go live on a yacht. I could certainly follow her example. The problem is that I could not live with myself. All of my heroes are tenacious men (and women) who lived by the "damn the torpedoes" credo and pressed ahead in the face of prohibitive odds. If not for men of that caliber, we would not be discussing defending our country, because "we" would have no country to defend. These lands would be property of a monarch and most of us would be peasants, grovelling for a crust of bread. I owe my forefathers and I owe my heirs.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    Laura:

Don't quit. Please don't quit. You can't give up. Keep fighting as long as you can!!!!!!

You can always quit later - much later!!!!!!!

If you've never watched it , there is a movie (supposedly for children) called The Neverending Story.

Watch it -- see what happens to the hero in the "Swamps of Sadness/Despair".

Please rethink your position.
    Cheyenne,

I can't believe you brought up the horse named Artax! lol That's so cool.

Atreyu & Artax (1984: Prior to the incident in the Swamps of Sadness)

W
    Thanks W.

That is my all time favorite movie - seen it 18 times and still bawl my head off. Most adults don't even know what I'm talking about when I talk about this movie. To me, it is has messages on so many levels and is the epitomy of NOT GIVING UP.

That's a great picture.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast