Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hands across America

Anyone remember this from the 80s? Personally I thought it was kind of lame. I still do. However it gave me an idea.

I thought that if we adopt and adapt it as a form of protest. Basically it'd be volunteer based and would create a human chain of people across the entire stretch of the US/Mexico border.

This would definitely create a media circus/a wider scale of attention to the problem at hand.

What do you think? Discuss ...

kneemow,
    welcome to ALIPAC. Might have a good idea there and yes I remember it.
    Keep the ideas coming.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome, I like the Ideal. But how about us just put all the Congresspeople and Senaters, the President, Vice President, Chertoff and the whole crew down there. We all set back and watch.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

yea, we could cuff and chain them all together No aids to run and get stuff for them. keep them there feeding them vietnam era (which some was left over from wwII) c rats until they come around to our way of thinking. should take about 20 min.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome aboard kneemow! I like the idea.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Thanks ... it's a bit more viable than my original idea of sitting at the border with a paintball gun and a cell phone. i would mark anyone who crosses illegaly, then call the BP, and tell them to look for the Mexican smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by kneemow
    Thanks ... it's a bit more viable than my original idea of sitting at the border with a paintball gun and a cell phone. i would mark anyone who crosses illegaly, then call the BP, and tell them to look for the Mexican smurfs
    wait, wait, wait... I think I like this one even better.

kneemow
    dang it I have been mulling this over since you posted it. If we could get all the different Minuteman groups as well as all the other Anti Illegal Immigration groups SUCH as ALIPAC together on a project it would sure be an eye opener.(I think there are over 70 groups list in our link group)

For example get as many volunteers together for a 3 to 5 day time frame and work one county on the border. It would effectively close that section down during that time. Good PR, and probable lots of news media if they heard all the different groups were coming together under one large operation. Think I would pick Hudspeth County, Texas, Sheriff Arvin West seems to be a cops cop from what I see. He has had a couple of his deputies threatened since that mexican vehicle incident on the border.

http://www.culberson.house.gov/news.aspx

Banned
    Here's the part of that story that bothered me the most.

"Federal officials in San Antonio Friday announced nearly 30 arrests and the seizure of explosives, machine guns and other weapons in a crackdown that started in July in the border city of Laredo.
    Officials with the Border Enforcement Security Task Force said they had arrested 28 people and seized materials to make 33 lower-grade explosive devices, such as pipe bombs or grenades. They also seized dozens of assault rifles, machine guns, silencers, hundreds of pounds of narcotics and $1.4 million in cash.
    Cornyn warned against assuming the seized items belonged to terrorists.
    "This is concerning, but I would say we have to be careful and make sure we get the facts and not act on the basis of rumor or speculation," he said."

How do you do that, Cornyn? How does a laundry list like that become "rumor or speculation"? $1.4 mil in CASH.... assault rifles....HUNDREDS of pounds of narcotics... Oh My God, man!

Besides, a terrorist is a terrorist.

Islamo-terrorist
    Eco-terrorist
    Narco-terrorist
    Geno-terrorist

Would you folks in Texas (I love your state, my son was born there 16 years ago) PLEASE get this idiot out of office?!?! And HURRY!

it's a bit more viable than my original idea of sitting at the border with a paintball gun and a cell phone
    Great Ceasars Ghost! I wouldn't want to fire anything that remotely resembled a gun on the border. Those Mexican Military will fire back!

They also seized dozens of assault rifles, machine guns, silencers, hundreds of pounds of narcotics and $1.4 million in cash.
    Cornyn warned against assuming the seized items belonged to terrorists.
    "This is concerning, but I would say we have to be careful and make sure we get the facts and not act on the basis of rumor or speculation," he said."
    There is another forked-tounge politician--John Cornyn. I can't WAIT until we can vote against that joker.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast