Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    for some reason that handies thing reminds me of Jimmy Carter
    well we don't actually have to hold hands. the idea is just to get a human wall going at the border. hands across america took place during Reagan's watch, and i don't recall carter having a thing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kneemow
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    for some reason that handies thing reminds me of Jimmy Carter
    well we don't actually have to hold hands. the idea is just to get a human wall going at the border. hands across america took place during Reagan's watch, and i don't recall carter having a thing to do with it.
    Yep, but it was more a peanut thing than a cowboy thing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

All I can say is that, unlike the UN-lustrious members of our government, we are going to have to find a way to show some sort of solidarity, to show that we ARE the majority, and show it pretty darn soon.

If someone has a better suggestion, let's hear it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, but anybody could do it. Just figure out a way to fool tons of media to show up, then you can get your message out.

-pa

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixashes
    Yeah, but anybody could do it. Just figure out a way to fool tons of media to show up, then you can get your message out.
    call and say that Dick Cheney shot an Illegal Immigrant?

seriously. a large event such as this would draw out a large crowd / media circus as is. you'll get attention from the pro-illegal groups / liberal media to attempt to demonize the anti-illegal groups. historically speaking the pro-illegal turnout always tends to be a bit small because most of their support base is avoiding being arrested and ultimately deported.

call and say that Dick Cheney shot an Illegal Immigrant?
    That is right! And never mind that the media can't tell anything about the "accident" without giving out some completely innocent person's medical information without their permission. Hound the living daylights out of the gov't to tell things that even they can't legally tell!

And now, seriously, I 'm not so sure about your theory that the illegals or at least their supporters won't show up. Just about every scheduled event by anti-illegals winds up withe equal press time given to the pro-illegal alien protesters.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    I'm not so sure about your theory that the illegals or at least their supporters won't show up. Just about every scheduled event by anti-illegals winds up withe equal press time given to the pro-illegal alien protesters.
    I don't think I explained this part very well. I said/meant that pro-illegal supporters would turn out, but that their numbers (from the recent protests) have been smaller in comparrison to the anti-illegal protestors.

as far as press equal time, that's subjective. each media outlet will put their particular spin on the story be they liberal or conservative.

or is it "be they pro" or anti themselves? I get the impression around here that the majority of the media is pro-illegal alien.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    or is it "be they pro" or anti themselves? I get the impression around here that the majority of the media is pro-illegal alien.
    true but only to a certain extent. there are some outlets that will never change their viewpoints. however there are others that eventually sway to follow the majority when they start to see that there's a risk in losing customers (read LA Times actions/loss of customers over the last 3 years)

How about doing this the weekend of Cinco De Mayo? Really!

I know, I'm a bad person. :P

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast