Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oh I hate the increasing feeling that I'm living in a foreign country. I too will email them tonight. Crazy stuff.

My jaw dropped last week. I was driving down Washington Street -little Mexico in Waukegan. This beauty shop -Latina Somethingorother- had a huge American flag on a pole with a huge Mexican flag right under it. If I can figure out how I will post a picture on this site. Almost every store sign on this street is in Spanish. They had a Mex. Ind. parade on this East/West street which effectively cut the city in half -boy were people pissed...

http://www.waukegan.org/Forum/topic.asp ... emen,rally,
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    More and more spanish commercials...they plainly just don't give a hoot what "we think". The only thing that drives them is "sales". That's why I think we should focus on one business. Everyone has to unite to make it work. Focus on one business...and totally abandon it. Causing it to go OUT OF BUSINESS IN THE UNITED STATES. Then the rest of the companies will be changing their ways! But it won't happen until Americans use their purchasing power and unite, target...and literally "TERMINATE" a particular business...at least here in the US.

When they see that Americans are a united force...focusing and targeting they will get out of the business of pandering to illegal aliens!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Interesting, I have not seen these here yet.

It appears from the label that it is a formulation of possibly frosted corn flakes, possibly malted.

Right now what I am seeing here in my part of Oregon is the meat departments taking perfectly good chuck roasts and slicing them thin and labeling them "carne asada"! I had gone to three stores recently and could not find a whole roast to buy and make.

The last one was Walmart, and I emailed them a gave them and earful. The grocery department manager tried calling but he missed me. If it is important to them enough, they will make more effort to change their ways.

Even my most favorite store, Winco, is doing it now. I will have to tell them in person as they have no email on their site.

As for the rest of the ethnic products, they are all in one aisle right now. This is ok with me, but lets keep it that way. I feel that if I am going into a regular American style grocery store, then that is what I am shopping for, standard American products. If I want the ethnic stuff I will go to a specialty store for it.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I find that at the large local grocery store, they actually have products with Spanish only on it mixed with the American brands. They have the British, Oriental and Jewish Kosher foods in a separate location, as well as Americanized Mexican products like Old El Paso, ChiChis and Taco Bell stuff but not all the real Hispanic products. I find this offensive and therefore avoid the large grocery chain stores as much as possible. I shop at the Italian store more often because they speak English there, only have a few South American wines and all the product labels are in English. The best part is that they lower prices on many items and better quality meat and produce.

El Paso grocery stores have had foods with completely spanish labels on them since 1996 that I know of. There are more and more. I guess the trend is spreading since nobody could be bothered to stop the invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    El Paso grocery stores have had foods with completely spanish labels on them since 1996 that I know of. There are more and more. I guess the trend is spreading since nobody could be bothered to stop the invasion.
    Keep up the fight. The marketers will eventually package products to appeal to those who will be STAYING.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I guess that is the problem in El Paso, then. Americans AREN'T staying. They move out of there at the very first opportunity. We are outnumbered by illegals these days-- as documented by a UTEP study published last spring. I hate to think that Mexico will have Ft. Bliss when they take over the city entirely because the stupid idiots we call government can't seem to realize that cities like El Paso, overrun by illegals, are harming this country so much.

We should let the large grocery stores know how we feel about Hispanic products being next to ours. I was actually asked by one store manager why he seldom sees me at his store and I told him about the Hispanic products, cashiers who speak Spanish to me and improper bagging of groceries. They are starting to hurt somewhat as they are trying to get us into their stores by giving coupons out for produce and meat not to mention staple itmes such as milk. I must admit I got a good laugh when they advertised a few products under Hispanic Heritage month and one item was a laxative. At least I need to give them some credit as they only had half a flyer page for it as other stores had full page ads in their newpaper sized flyers.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    We do need to be vocal, it is the only way to get the message across.

I have no problem with having sections of the store where you can find foreign items for specialty dinners and such, but realistically I live in America, I am an American, and I like my American foods. Those are the foods I go to the store and expect to see, so that I can buy them.

When I go to the store and find all the roasts carved up into carne asada and other products that I do not use outnumbering the ones I would, then I know it is time for me to stop spending my money at that store, that is what I told Walmart in my email.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here's the response I got:

Thank you for contacting General Mills with your comment about Spanish and/or bilingual packaging. We are sorry you were offended.

These coupons are part of our effort to reach the growing number of people of Hispanic origin in the United States. According to the 1990 census, over 22 million Hispanics reside in the U.S., and of those, 75 percent rely on Spanish as their primary language. These people select their food from the same shelves as the general population, but their understanding of these products is limited. We wish to offer them and their families an equal opportunity to enjoy our quality products.

Our efforts to reach the Hispanic residents are in no way intended to be un-American. A proud American company, General Mills employs over 80,000 people in the United States. In a country where the ethnic composition is changing rapidly, the livelihood of our employees is increasingly dependent on consumption of our products by people of all races, creeds and ethnic origins. Thus, we have initiated attempts to reach Spanish-speaking customers.

We appreciate your bringing this matter to our attention and will carefully review the information you provided with our promotion and advertising staff. We value every one of our customers and we would like to continue to include you among them in the use and enjoyment of our products.

Sincerely,

Kristi Goodman

General Mills

Consumer Services
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast