Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I think it is really important to be a cautious about this as possible.

We too have AOL right now and I have gotten more than just a little irked with AOL for outsourcing, we will be switching over to a local DSL anyways, and I will be telling AOL why. Yes the people who answer for AOL are nice and polite people, and do a thorough job, but I want to know that my money is going to pay an American who needed that job to support themselves or a family.

I'm not too sure how I feel about products made or produced in Canada, it does not seem ot bother me as much, maybe it should.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NotGointToTakeItAnymore, that is what I do. Ask where they are made and make them get down on their hands and knees with a flashlight and SHOW me the proof that it's made in the USA. Fortunately, I don't have to buy appliances every day but I do know that many are no longer made in the US-- including Maytag. I think they keep a few factories open and then mix in the american made product with the foreign made in hopes that nobody will actually look.

what with all the exploding batteries in electronic equipement made overseas, I'd be pretty leery of a major appliance that might blow up and burn the whole house down. I'd like to believe that those things happen by accident but I no longer do. I believe it is sabotage.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is getting worse everyday. In todays Miami Herald people section there were 5 celebrity pictures and 3 were Hispanic. One was Pino back in town for Latino Flim Festival, the other two were about Shikira and J Lo. They had a official openning of the Carnival Center for the Performing Arts on thursday night. The main acts were Hispanic and the only one I knew was Gloria Estefan. I read about the hoopla and liked the part when the reporter said it did not show a cultural reflection of the city. This center was built by many illegals and ICE had numerous raids there during its construction.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    AOL = Americans Outta Luck

Junius, you do have to watch. Frigidaire does have some appliances made in foreign countries. And I did exactly what you said when I checked appliances at Sears. I had the saleswoman pulling panels off washer/dryers and checking the tags. ALL of them were made in foreign countries. That's when I ended up at my local appliance store. I don't care if I do have to pay more! The way I see it, if I'm stupid enough to buy foreign made goods to 'save money', and put an American out of work, thereby rendering them unable to buy MY American made product, which will put ME out of work, how much did I save? Kind of like employing illegal aliens because they're cheaper, then paying taxes out the butt to support them with social services/education/incarceration, isn't it?

Also, last I heard, Buddy jeans were made in the USA...Alabama, I think. If I can't find Buddy jeans, I go to the Salvation Army store and buy used. I can afford new, but most of the others are now NOT made in our country. I figure if I buy them from the SA, at least I'm not sending more of my hard-earned money to a foreign country. I'm not opposed to buying a few things from a foreign country, but I want most of my money to stay here and keep Americans working.

The foreign car companies now have some factories in the U.S. and they would have us believe that makes it ok to buy them because they put Americans to work, but only $300 of the profit stays here. For anyone who's interested, GM's complaints were down by 40% last year over the year before, so I think the Americans who work making the vehicles have gotten the message that we want better quality and they're 'delivering'.

I read that the Chinese leader has already told us he would be HAPPY to bring a war to our country today! Additionally, now that our government and corporate leaders have shut down so many of our factories, we are incapable of building our own war mahcines if they do! I WILL NOT support a country who would like nothing better than to blow us off the face of the planet! I quit shopping at Wal-Mart a long time ago because of a lot of reasons, but the fact that most of their stuff is very cheesy and made in COMMUNIST China just 'cooked it' for me.

Does anyone know where the equipment our troops are using in Iraq are made? Seems like I read they are made in the Middle East.

I also found out this summer that American Standard products are made in the U.S., some right here in Ohio. So, bathtubs, sinks, etc. I was doing some remodeling in my kitchen this summer, and I am proud to say every single major product I bought, including the ceramic tile and my dishes, was made in the good ol' USA!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    I think it is really important to be a cautious about this as possible.

We too have AOL right now and I have gotten more than just a little irked with AOL for outsourcing, we will be switching over to a local DSL anyways, and I will be telling AOL why. Yes the people who answer for AOL are nice and polite people, and do a thorough job, but I want to know that my money is going to pay an American who needed that job to support themselves or a family.

I'm not too sure how I feel about products made or produced in Canada, it does not seem ot bother me as much, maybe it should.
    AmericanElizabeth, I too called AOL and let them know exactly why I was canceling my service with them. When I called Alltel to sign up for DSL, I made sure first they employed Americans. I also had the CS agent file a report to the higher ups that I was appreciative of the fact they hired Americans! I don't know that they DON'T employ some foreign workers, but I know I have NEVER had to deal with someone in a foreign country when I called there, either to pay my phone bill or get help with my DSL.

Quote Originally Posted by NotGoingToTakeItAnymore
    I also found out this summer that American Standard products are made in the U.S., some right here in Ohio. So, bathtubs, sinks, etc. I was doing some remodeling in my kitchen this summer, and I am proud to say every single major product I bought, including the ceramic tile and my dishes, was made in the good ol' USA!
    Yep. That used to be work done in Loserville KY.

You can't trust "Made in America"

Two months ago, the last of the workers at Louisville Ladder, based in Louisville, Kentucky, were fired. At its height, Louisville Ladder’s assembly lines hummed with activity, employing 500 workers who manufactured residential and industrial ladders made of steel, aluminum, and wood. Now the plant is empty. Louisville Ladder moved its production facility to Monterrey, Mexico, but indications are that it may shut down this operation, and move production to China, where wages are even cheaper. Louisville Ladder cynically maintains its corporate headquarters in Louisville, which under a technicality, allows it to deceitfully sell its ladders under the slogan, “Made in the USA.”
    http://www.larouchepac.com/pages/econom ... lineof.htm
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LoservilleLabor, I heard from a customer service rep that only 10% of a product has to be made here to be called 'made in America'. I did call the factories of many of the products I bought for my kitchen, though, and asked point blank if they really WERE made in America. They said yes....is there another way to find out that I don't know about?

If anyone is interested in buying an American built car you must look at the vehicle identification number to see where the car was built. Cars built in the United States start with the number 1, 4, or 5 and cars built in Canada start with the number 2. Stay away from any car starting with the number 3 as it was built in Mexico.

I think when companies went to Mexico and Central America to hire cheap labor to work in their sweat shops people started complaining and boycotting products. People in those countries started to ask for more money once they learned how much the company was charging for the product(s) they were making i.e. a Nike t-shirt cost 13 cents to make and sold for $20 or more. The companies loved all the profit and didn't want to give it up so they went to India and China. I think that we can reasonably blame some of them for the invasion. Once those sweatshops packed up and left, there were no decent paying jobs left for them so more of them began coming here.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast