Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Crocket's Ghost welcome back. You may have something there regarding food labelling. I will go to the large grocery chain in Florida (Publix) and check out the various products and their labels. You are right on when you say they are required by law to state both the ingredients and nutritional information such as how many calories and how much of that is fat etc. I will let you know tomorrow.
    As for Wal Mart, I don't shop there but will ask the officers who do the off duty assignment there or those who go to pick up the shoplifters about the music and clothes. What is really interesting is that in north Miami the last 3 Wal Marts that are built or within completion are all in high crime areas. The one closest to me was originally going to be open 24 hours. The police department told them no way as they are busy enough and do not have the man power to babysit their store and parking lot.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    We should let the large grocery stores know how we feel about Hispanic products being next to ours.
    While we are at it, we may want to tell them that we are a bit tired of finding all the things we bought for years gone (like Manhattan Clam Chowder)
    I found my lost lost twin - the only other person in the universe who misses Manhattan Clam Chowder.

I don't know what is up with that, it beats New England in taste, plus it's less fattening. We are the only ones that "get it". Gosh, I miss that stuff - if I asked for it here in Texas I might be shot execution style. lol
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

TexasCowgirl: check the Progresso soups if they sell them where you are in Texas. They do have a Manhattan Clam Chowder. I recently bought one in Miami. If you have no luck let me know and maybe I can send you some.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    Crocket's Ghost welcome back. You may have something there regarding food labelling. I will go to the large grocery chain in Florida (Publix) and check out the various products and their labels. You are right on when you say they are required by law to state both the ingredients and nutritional information such as how many calories and how much of that is fat etc. I will let you know tomorrow.
    As for Wal Mart, I don't shop there but will ask the officers who do the off duty assignment there or those who go to pick up the shoplifters about the music and clothes. What is really interesting is that in north Miami the last 3 Wal Marts that are built or within completion are all in high crime areas. The one closest to me was originally going to be open 24 hours. The police department told them no way as they are busy enough and do not have the man power to babysit their store and parking lot.
    Yeah, I would be interested in the answer to that question regarding federal regs. Surely it would be a violation if they're not provided in English.

I went to the grocery chain I would normally shop at in Hollywood, Florida and did not see those products. They have been fortunate enough to avoid the invasion. Then I went to the Publix in Miami and seen how bad it really is. There were all kinds of Hispanic products with Spanish only on them. They had the nutritional labelling but depending on which product depended whether it was in both languages. The flakes had both languages but the Nestle chocolate with a grandmother on it was all in Spanish. I am going to do a little homework and find out from the Russian store what the law is on packaging. I can tell you for sure that the Russian and other Eastern European products have the nutritional labelling in English only.
    As for the items I can't buy at the Italian store, if I do shop for those items at Publix it will definitely not be the Miami ones.

Speaking of catering to Hispanics; last year the Home Depot started carrying a line of paint for them as very few stores carried those colors.

I went to the grocery chain I would normally shop at in Hollywood, Florida and did not see those products. They have been fortunate enough to avoid the invasion. Then I went to the Publix in Miami and seen how bad it really is. There were all kinds of Hispanic products with Spanish only on them. They had the nutritional labelling but depending on which product depended whether it was in both languages. The flakes had both languages but the Nestle chocolate with a grandmother on it was all in Spanish. I am going to do a little homework and find out from the Russian store what the law is on packaging. I can tell you for sure that the Russian and other Eastern European products have the nutritional labelling in English only.
    As for the items I can't buy at the Italian store, if I do shop for those items at Publix it will definitely not be the Miami ones.

Speaking of catering to Hispanics; last year the Home Depot started carrying a line of paint for them as very few stores carried those colors.
    SWAT
    something doesn't sit right with me here. I don't have 'facts re: law" and am only using common sense and a lifetime of family owned super markets that carried multitudes of imported goods.

I'd be hardpressed to believe that LEGALLY, an importer can import food stuffs WITHOUT nutritional info in English. Labels are printed specifically for the country that the goods are being shipped to. This makes no sense.

I think it's time for a call to the FDA for exact information. Then, if we're correct, it's time for massive yelling and Judicial Watch.

my 2 cents

I just went in the FDA website regarding labeling.

Bilingual Label [21CFR101.9(2)(14)]
    If a label contains any required information in a foreign language, then nutrition labeling if present, must also be presented in the foreign language. The nutrition information maybe presented in a separate nutrition label for each language, or in one label with the second language, with a translation of all required information following that in English.

http://www.fda.gov/ora/inspect_ref/lgs/ ... AL%20LABEL

I will check the Hispanic products for compliancy in the next few days. If they don't then I will personnally contact the FDA about it.

If a label contains any required information in a foreign language, then nutrition labeling if present, must also be presented in the foreign language. The nutrition information maybe presented in a separate nutrition label for each language, or in one label with the second language, with a translation of all required information following that in English.

I will check the Hispanic products for compliancy in the next few days. If they don't then I will personnally contact the FDA about it.

GREAT WORK! Go Get 'Em, SWAT!!
    please keep us posted

Banned

Seek and ye shall find...

Good going!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Keep the complaints going into Walmart, they will start feeling the pressure from Americans.

Those paint colors, I know those!! My neighbors have their rooms painted these bright gaudy colors, kind of a orangy-pink, and another a turquoise blue. OOHHHHH, pretty.....

What is that line at Home Depot called, "Tijuana Streets", "A Day Under the Sombrero", "The Day After Tequila"! Sorry, just came to me, you know how they name these lines of specialty paint colors.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast