Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ROFLMAO, Elizabeth. And if we don't have a sense of humor we are all doomed for sure.

The outside of the houses look like that when they can paint their own colors, too.

But I can't say I hate the turquoise as long as they don't put the REST of those oranges, pinks and purples with it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's the pinkish orange and medium yellow combination that has to go.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    Here's the response I got:

Thank you for contacting General Mills with your comment about Spanish and/or bilingual packaging. We are sorry you were offended.

These coupons are part of our effort to reach the growing number of people of Hispanic origin in the United States. According to the 1990 census, over 22 million Hispanics reside in the U.S., and of those, 75 percent rely on Spanish as their primary language. These people select their food from the same shelves as the general population, but their understanding of these products is limited. We wish to offer them and their families an equal opportunity to enjoy our quality products.

Our efforts to reach the Hispanic residents are in no way intended to be un-American. A proud American company, General Mills employs over 80,000 people in the United States. In a country where the ethnic composition is changing rapidly, the livelihood of our employees is increasingly dependent on consumption of our products by people of all races, creeds and ethnic origins. Thus, we have initiated attempts to reach Spanish-speaking customers.

We appreciate your bringing this matter to our attention and will carefully review the information you provided with our promotion and advertising staff. We value every one of our customers and we would like to continue to include you among them in the use and enjoyment of our products.

Sincerely,
    Kristi Goodman
    General Mills
    Consumer Services
    Here's the response I received:
    Dear Ms. Shelton:

Thank you for contacting General Mills with your comment about a Spanish and/or bilingual package of La Lechera cereal. We are sorry you were offended.

These products are part of our effort to reach the growing number of people of Hispanic origin in the United States. According to the 1990 census, over 22 million Hispanics reside in the U.S., and of those, 75 percent rely on Spanish as their primary language. These people select their food from the same shelves as the general population, but their understanding of these products is limited. We wish to offer them and their families an equal opportunity to enjoy our quality products.

Our efforts to reach the Hispanic residents are in no way intended to be un-American. A proud American company, General Mills employs over 80,000 people in the United States. In a country where the ethnic composition is changing rapidly, the livelihood of our employees is increasingly dependent on consumption of our products by people of all races, creeds and ethnic origins. Thus, we have initiated attempts to reach Spanish-speaking customers.

We appreciate your bringing this matter to our attention and will carefully review the information you provided with our promotion and advertising staff. We value every one of our customers and we would like to continue to include you among them in the use and enjoyment of our products.

Sincerely,
    Judy Carson
    General Mills
    Consumer Services

Let's keep contacting them over this!
    "Remember the Alamo!"

I have not gotten a response from them yet.

Sears started a line of latina clothing awhile back. My wife told me about it and said it looked liked something a hooker would wear. The ads are all in Spanish for them too. The pandering just continues everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    I was having trouble getting onto the internet this morning, so I called Qwest, my provider. On the other side of the phone I spoke with a very nice man who had a foreign accent...which seemed to be from India.
    He was not allowed to answer one question concerning outsourcing or where he was located. He was very nice, but when he finished helping me fix my problem I asked to speak to a supervisor. Was disconnected and I called back...this person was an American. I immediately asked to speak to a supervisor, she wanted to know the reason and I told her outsourcing. When the supervisor took my call...I told him that I thought they should do a poll and ask if Americans would rather pay a little more for service or have these jobs outsourced and he informed me that a survey/poll was taken and this is how they came to the conclusion to outsource. I told him they should retake the poll since this issue has taken a turn and has become a very heated topic.

How many of us would rather pay more for service than to outsouce American jobs?

I would be willing to pay more. How do the rest of you feel?
    When I call a company and get someone in another country, no matter how nice they are, I refuse to deal with them. I immediately ask if they are in the U.S.A. and when they tell me no, I just keep repeating, "I want to speak with someone in the United States of America." First, they usually tell me they "can't transfer" me, so I ask for their ID and the supervisor. I tell them I will call the corporate office HERE IN THE U.S. and file a complaint against them. They sometimes transfer me to a supervisor and I just keep repeating the 'matra'....I will only deal with Americans. Eventually, they put me on "hold"...and guess what? Suddenly, they CAN transfer me and I'm dealing with someone in the U.S. Then I file a complaint and tell them if they want my American dollars, they had better pull those jobs back and employ my American 'brothers and sisters'.

I bought dishes online advertised as "made in America" and when they arrived I checked the backstamp first thing...and they were made in Communist China. I called the corporate office in PA and told them I wanted to return them because of the false advertising. The factory USED to be in PA. The customer service agent said they were starting to get complaint calls about them outsourcing, and those were always pushed ahead of the others. I told her I would be willing to pay more if they were made by Americans IN America. She noted that too. I returned those dishes, after the customer service agent THANKED me for protecting American jobs. Then I bought some made in W VA..and they didn't cost me one penny more than the ones made in Communist China!

I don't buy foreign cars. I bought a new car not long ago, and insisted on checking the sticker to see where it was made, even though it was an "American" car. I check all labels.

I dropped AOL as my internet provider when I found out they mostly employ South Africans and Indians. It turns out AOL just means 'take Americans' MONEY online'. I got DSL with my local phone company that does NOT employ their customer service agents or help desk employees, at least, in other countries. I pay $5 more a month than I did for dial-up and employing foreigners instead of Americans! Five lousy bucks a month to keep America working! I always tell companies, when I do find they employ Americans, to please file a message for the "higher ups" that I appreciate them employing Americans, and as long as they do so they will continue to get my AMERICAN DOLLARS. American employees thank me and are happy to pass the message along.

One company said they got enough complaints that the company was in process of pulling the jobs back to the U.S.! I had someone call me from my credit card company trying to sell me something, and they were foreigners NOT in the U.S. (If they speak with an accent I don't automatically assume they are not legally in America) I called my credit card company in the U.S. and told them if anyone from a foreign country EVER called me again, I would pay off and cancel my account.

Companies actually TELL me that they do get complaint calls about this...but they NEED more! And they tell me they need Americans to be ADAMANT about it!

If I call and get someone in a foreign country and CAN'T get transferred to the U.S., I hang up. I refuse to be party to taking jobs from Americans. Then the next day I look up the number for the corporate office, which is ALWAYS in America...and I ask for a manager and tell them to start typing because I'm filing a complaint. Again, I tell them that if they want my AMERICAN DOLLARS, they had BETTER start using them to employ my American brothers and sisters.

That's how I feel about it.

Recently, we had to buy a new chain saw. I went to Sears and the first thing I asked about every single one was: "Where was this made?" I bought a Craftsman which just happened to be made in GA. I hope to high heaven that doesn't mean the COUNTRY Georgia.

I bought a stove earlier this summer. Almost all the stoves I looked at were made in Mexico. I opted for the one model that was made in Michigan.

I refuse to buy anything that costs me more than ten bucks that wasn't made in the USA.

And be careful about that: ASSEMBLED in the USA, too. There are some items that are currently being assembled here. I guess the parts are made in china or something.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Recently, we had to buy a new chain saw. I went to Sears and the first thing I asked about every single one was: "Where was this made?" I bought a Craftsman which just happened to be made in GA. I hope to high heaven that doesn't mean the COUNTRY Georgia.

I bought a stove earlier this summer. Almost all the stoves I looked at were made in Mexico. I opted for the one model that was made in Michigan.

I refuse to buy anything that costs me more than ten bucks that wasn't made in the USA.

And be careful about that: ASSEMBLED in the USA, too. There are some items that are currently being assembled here. I guess the parts are made in china or something.
    Whirlpool is made right here in Ohio, and Frigidaire is moslty made in the U.S. You have to be careful though. I did a lot of research before buying my new appliances this summer. Sears carries mostly appliances made in other countries. Finally, I went to a local appliance store and said, "Show me what you have made in the U.S. because that's all I'm spending my money on." The saleswoman helped me check 'tags' and I bought them all that night.

I was shopping for condensed milk and I bought the store brand even though the Spanish brand was cheaper. I refuse to give them any of my money. I had an 82 year old as a friend that would always ask the customer service people what country they are in. Sometimes they would lie and he catch them. He knew all about the outsourcing that has gone on. Even when he was looking at purchasing another vehicle, he asked the salesman if the car was assembled in the United States. I was with him and told him that by looking at the vehicle identification number I could tell him where the car was built. The salesman lied as the car was assembled in Brazil.
    We all have to pitch in and help in buying American products.

JAK
    Have been seeing ANOTHER commercial, with spanish and english.

Frontier Airlines! Anyone seen this one! More and More everyday!!!!!
    I'm so sick of it! Its as if they are slapping us in the face and saying there is NOTHING you can do to stop this. I REFUSE TO QUIT! Purchasing power...if we unite will go a long way! I hope that Miller brewing shows a big drop this month! And hopefully people will start getting rid of them!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast