Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wow. You're really worldly Vivian, and very smart, where are you actually from ?
    Is your main allegiance to any one country, or is it basically a world allegiance which you belong to ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Vivian may I ask if you live in the United States, or are even a American citizen? You talk like someone that doesn't live here or hates this country.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You talk like someone that doesn't live here or hates this country.
    Brian, she is someone who is not from our country and who hates our country and that's why she talks that way.
    When I was studying in the US
    An American would NOT say "when I was studying in the US". They would say "When I was at home in the US, studying ......"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    I agree Legal. Vivian has made several statements that make me believe she is not in the United States, and wants to lecture to us about how evil we are.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    We're all psychic Vivian!

We say that because it is the common phrase that the open borders group uses all the time.

Actually Vivian, not everyone can qualify for financial aid, I just helped my 23 year old daughter,who is a single mother, with her paperwork. Had she been one year younger, our income would have counted and the college and government would have expected us to help out, although my husband makes barely enough to get by on (we still have two younger kids at home). We also know a man my husband works with who is going to school in the evenings (he's single with no kids so it is feasible that he can put that time in as well versus a single parent) and he has had to pay for much of his cost's. Not everyone qualifies for free education, though it's a nice dreamy thought.

So although some of the illegal aliens have been here for a long time, does that lessen their crimes in the U.S.? When we went after Gary Ridgeway (Green River killer) for murders that happened over 20 years ago, did that task force say "well it was so long ago, let's just wipe that slate clean?" no, they still went after him, and now he is facing life in prison, with no parole. A crime is still a crime, even after a long time has passed. If that applies to murderers and bank robbers, why should it not to ANYONE else, no matter what it is?

We cannot have little gray areas in our laws, that allows people to commit crimes, and then walk away because it was a long time ago, or that they "didn't mean to", or whatever reason people try to give.

We must have definite lines in our laws, and our government needs to be upholding those laws, that is what everyone here wants, that is what we are pushing for. We want our government to enforce our laws about illegal immigration, seal the borders and get a handle on this situation once and for all. We want employers to stop hiring illegal aliens, as this is driving wages down for everyone (well those of us in the working world that is).

The government and employers are part of the problem and you better believe we are targeting them in this. The social service agencies that aid and abet them are also part of it, they are breaking the laws as well, regardless of their assumed religious responsibilities, they must first obey the laws of the country they are in, and our laws are clear.

Last but not least, although there may be plenty of nice people that are illegal aliens, I have seen far too much crime brought in my town by illegal aliens. When they came in, Latino Gangs followed. Then there is the fake ID's that have allowed them to collect state benefits, not rightfully for them. Then there is the issue of drunk driving, driving unlicensed, driving uninsured (I know this as my brother has worked as a county sheriff and their stats say the Latino drunk driving, uninsured and unlicensed outnumbers those of other groups. As well my oldest daughters father tows for the city and said more than half their tows are for drunk driving, unlicensed and uninsured, which are almost all Latino as well, these are not overstatements.).

It appears to me that once they have disregarded our federal laws about crossing our border illegally, they have no problem breaking other laws as well, and it does happen. Why should Americans have to put up with this blatant disregard for our laws by people who came here illegally? Why should we have to foot the bill for their crimes, pay for their childrens healthcare, education and feed them. Why should we have to sit back while our government piddles around, why should we not speak up?

Vivian and Marion, how can you explain the 86% Americans that want illegal immigration stopped and something done about those illegal aliens already here? Are 86% all wrong? We govern by majority, the majority rules. Right now the majority says they want action, that's what is going to happen.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Vivian,

It is like the very wise Senate President Pro Tempore (in Georgia) Eric Johnson (R-Savannah) says...

“Our heart has no limit, but out pocketbook does,” Johnson said.

Johnson said America is now a “rainbow of people” but should be a country that “ wants to export a higher standard of living to other people, not import a lower standard of living to ours.”

https://www.alipac.us/article-1093-thread-1-0.html

We have a new kind of trade deficit. One where we are importing a lower standard of living for us all.

W

Actually Vivian, not everyone can qualify for financial aid, I just helped my 23 year old daughter,who is a single mother, with her paperwork
    Thank you, American Elizabeth! I don't know what gives these people the impression that everyone who happens to want to go to college in this country can just up and go. I don't know why they don't realize that even those who apply for and receive financial aid have to pay that money back and they leave college with a staggering debt to reply.

There are people in this country right now who are on Social Security who got a big surprise when they started collecting and discovered that Uncle Sam didn't forget NOR forgive the debts they racked up for an education back in the 1970's. Americans DO NOT get a free ride. Period!

They come illegally because of the US' strict immigration policies.
    And I beg to disagree with this. Illegals get in here because of the US's extremely lax immigration policies. Now it's time to reverse that trend.

It is my understanding that there is a 2 1/2 year backlog of applicants to be screened now. Some of the illegals hope to jump in the front of the line before the people who are applying for legal entry. That is not fair.

86% of Americans want illegal immigration stopped. It should be stopped. Illegal immigrants who are felons should be arrested. As for illegal immigrants who came to the US illegally and are now working, what has the Government done about them? They have committed a crime but why hasn't the Government arrested them or deported them? When I said they have been in the US for many years, I am making the point why have they been allowed in the US for so many years? And it's not just 20 illegal immigrants, but 20 million. And if these illegal immigrants are causing the deterioration of the standard of living in the US, you have to ask the Government how has it confronted the problem, what measures has it taken to tackle the problem? And if illegal immigrants are driving down wages, you have to ask global capitalist employers can they pay American workers higher wages?

I am Chinese, born in Hong Kong, emigrated and studied in the US. I was a US permanent resident. After I finished my studies in the US, I returned to work in HK, but when I entered the US on a visit, the INS confiscated my green card, saying I don't live and work in the US, am not paying taxes.

I don't hate the US. It is a developed, prosperous, technologically advanced country whose successful ways it could share with other countries. Being Chinese, I am patriotic to China, but that doesn't blind me to the faults of China like its human rights violations and lack of freedoms for the people. On the bright side, China, with a new generation of more enlightened leaders, is making progress all the time taking care of its 1.4 billion population.

As for illegal immigrants who came to the US illegally and are now working, what has the Government done about them?
    Nothing, unfortunately.

And if you left the country and weren't working here and the Gov't confiscated your green card upon your return, there must have been a reason. What was it?

I am asking because I have a friend from England who had a similar experience. They eventually got it sorted out but the reason she left was to live with her American husband overseas, and, since she is a nurse and since they needed nurses, she went to work overseas.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast